Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings 11:25 - Jul 11 with 5520 viewschalky

Are we ever going to sign a dominant central defender to replace Berra ? This seems to me, in my innocence, to be the number one priority ! Town have always done well with a good old-fashioned centre half , eg: Hunter, Butcher, Cranson, Linighan, Mowbray, Hreidersson,
Signings on 11:34 - Jul 11 with 4778 viewsrayman_10

I think we are okay for centre halves presuming Taylor is fit enough to be offered a back up role. Smith, Webster, chambers and Taylor are more than capabale in my opinion. 3 of the 4 I believe to be 'old-fashioned'

COYB

Signings on 11:39 - Jul 11 with 4757 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Signings on 11:34 - Jul 11 by rayman_10

I think we are okay for centre halves presuming Taylor is fit enough to be offered a back up role. Smith, Webster, chambers and Taylor are more than capabale in my opinion. 3 of the 4 I believe to be 'old-fashioned'

You could possibly add Knudsen into that list as well.. Given his performances on the left side of a back 3 he can clearly do a job there, and possibly be used as an emergency back up option in a centre back pairing if injuries/suspensions demand it.
Signings on 11:44 - Jul 11 with 4740 viewsfergalsharkey

You put Linighan in the same category as Butcher and Hunter.

Its like saying look at some of our quality midfielders over the years, Wark, Muhren,Magilton and Skuse.

Can you see what i did there?

Poll: Cook out?

Signings on 11:48 - Jul 11 with 4714 viewsFixed_It

Signings on 11:44 - Jul 11 by fergalsharkey

Its like saying look at some of our quality midfielders over the years, Wark, Muhren,Magilton and Skuse.

You pretended you are an Ipswich fan?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Signings on 12:14 - Jul 11 with 4645 viewsPJH

Yes, you used capital letters for names again, well done.
Signings on 12:15 - Jul 11 with 4633 viewshype313

No, can you elaborate?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Signings on 12:17 - Jul 11 with 4624 viewsITFC_Forever

Herman very rarely played CB... it was usually Venus and McGreal, although I think he would have been better there.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Signings on 12:18 - Jul 11 with 4609 viewsHerbivore

Smith, Chambers and Webster are all very good CBs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

on 12:20 - Jul 11 with 4596 views_

Signings on 12:24 - Jul 11 with 4568 viewsPJH

on 12:20 - Jul 11 by _

I think that Berra will be missed a lot for his physical strength.
Whereas he won the majority of his physical battles I do not see any of our current squad being able to do that, which is a slight worry.
He will also be missed at attacking deadball situations.
Signings on 12:26 - Jul 11 with 4545 viewsusm

Signings on 12:15 - Jul 11 by hype313

No, can you elaborate?

I think its an online version of the "Spot the odd one one out" game.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

on 12:28 - Jul 11 with 4522 views_

Signings on 12:24 - Jul 11 by PJH

Whereas he won the majority of his physical battles I do not see any of our current squad being able to do that, which is a slight worry.

Signings on 12:29 - Jul 11 with 4515 viewsHerbivore

Signings on 12:24 - Jul 11 by PJH

I think Smith is as good as Berra in those respects.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Signings on 12:32 - Jul 11 with 4505 viewsPJH

on 12:28 - Jul 11 by _

He, like most, had an inconsistent season but we had (and have) nobody else that could physically control a big centre forward.
He must have been one of the few to keep Chris Wood under control during the course of last season as he did at PR-although admittedly not at their place.
Signings on 12:34 - Jul 11 with 4489 viewsPJH

Signings on 12:29 - Jul 11 by Herbivore

I think Smith is as good as Berra in those respects.

We might find out but I don't think he is.
Hope that you are right, if Smith is in the team.
on 12:34 - Jul 11 with 4490 views_

Signings on 12:32 - Jul 11 by PJH

He, like most, had an inconsistent season but we had (and have) nobody else that could physically control a big centre forward.
He must have been one of the few to keep Chris Wood under control during the course of last season as he did at PR-although admittedly not at their place.

Signings on 12:34 - Jul 11 with 4488 viewsjas0999

Yes. Is Webster fit? Will Taylor play anymore than 10 games due to absysmal injury record in recent years. Knudsen is a left back.
Signings on 12:36 - Jul 11 with 4477 viewsPJH

on 12:34 - Jul 11 by _

I imagine that our central defence will be selected from what we have at the moment plus hopefully Taylor.
I am still of the belief that Berra will be missed for the reason that I have stated.
Signings on 12:48 - Jul 11 with 4429 viewsSteve_M

Signings on 12:17 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Herman very rarely played CB... it was usually Venus and McGreal, although I think he would have been better there.

He struggled with concentration whenever he played in the middle; whether he might have got over that with more time there I'm not sure but his athleticism from left back (along with Bramble in the middle) was a bid part of the success of 2000-01.

A Bramble - Hreidarsson central defensive pairing might have been interesting.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 12:51 - Jul 11 with 4408 views_

Signings on 12:48 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

He struggled with concentration whenever he played in the middle; whether he might have got over that with more time there I'm not sure but his athleticism from left back (along with Bramble in the middle) was a bid part of the success of 2000-01.

A Bramble - Hreidarsson central defensive pairing might have been interesting.

Signings on 14:11 - Jul 11 with 4257 viewsjaykay

on 12:51 - Jul 11 by _

and to think they were great,but not the greatest about 3rd in line ,of our great back 3s

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

on 14:15 - Jul 11 with 4242 views_

Signings on 14:11 - Jul 11 by jaykay

and to think they were great,but not the greatest about 3rd in line ,of our great back 3s

Signings on 14:18 - Jul 11 with 4232 viewschicoazul

Smith and Chambers just arent very good and Knudsen is a level below them. Taylor who knows if he will sign and even if he does is he fit, and Webster is coming back off the back of a very bad injury. Centre Half is our problem position at the moment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 14:22 - Jul 11 with 4220 views_

Signings on 14:18 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

Smith and Chambers just arent very good and Knudsen is a level below them. Taylor who knows if he will sign and even if he does is he fit, and Webster is coming back off the back of a very bad injury. Centre Half is our problem position at the moment.

Signings on 14:24 - Jul 11 with 4218 viewschicoazul

on 14:22 - Jul 11 by _

No idea. But we won't trouble the play offs with Smith and Chambers in our defence. Dont get me wrong, very nice lads and hard workers and i'd love to see Smith in particular prove me wrong as it's great to see our own players in the team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024