Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who culled all those threads? 12:12 - Jul 11 with 2720 viewsWD19

Threads have feelings too!
Who culled all those threads? on 13:58 - Jul 11 with 2686 viewsRyorry

Gav is a bar steward, official end of

And Callis still needs to get out into the countryside to observe the very "ethical mass production" of lambs and beef cattle on the hoof in their lovely green fields, as they wander round relaxed, untroubled, eating, sleeping and generally living the life of riley :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who culled all those threads? on 14:01 - Jul 11 with 2670 viewsGlasgowBlue

TAKING DOWN A THREAD IS LITTLE BETTER THAN RAPE OR CHILD ABUSE. I SHOWED MY THIS TO MY GF (HI BABE LUV U TO THE MOON AND BACK) AND SHE AGREES!!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who culled all those threads? on 14:02 - Jul 11 with 2665 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 13:58 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

And Callis still needs to get out into the countryside to observe the very "ethical mass production" of lambs and beef cattle on the hoof in their lovely green fields, as they wander round relaxed, untroubled, eating, sleeping and generally living the life of riley :)

I grew up in the countryside, I know it exists. But it accounts for a small majority of meat on shop shelves in this country.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Who culled all those threads? on 14:03 - Jul 11 with 2654 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 14:01 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

TAKING DOWN A THREAD IS LITTLE BETTER THAN RAPE OR CHILD ABUSE. I SHOWED MY THIS TO MY GF (HI BABE LUV U TO THE MOON AND BACK) AND SHE AGREES!!!

I like the way you are still pretending that's what I said, despite being told by several posters, including myself, that it wasn't. You can go back and read it if you want. You did the same by claiming I likened voting tory to supporting the IRA. I never said that, again, go back and read it.

Newcy showed the thread to his other half and it was fine. Double standards.

Keep making a fool of yourself though.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:04]

TWTD never forgets…

Who culled all those threads? on 14:06 - Jul 11 with 2635 viewsRyorry

Who culled all those threads? on 14:02 - Jul 11 by monytowbray

I grew up in the countryside, I know it exists. But it accounts for a small majority of meat on shop shelves in this country.

If 99% (Campassion in World Farming UK figures) of lambs, eg, is a "small majority", then you're right!

Who culled all those threads? on 14:07 - Jul 11 with 2630 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hmm. Over zealous use of the ban hammer if you ask me. But then it's got nothing to do with me so I'll get back in my box.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who culled all those threads? on 14:09 - Jul 11 with 2621 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 14:06 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

If 99% (Campassion in World Farming UK figures) of lambs, eg, is a "small majority", then you're right!

Do you really believe that? We don't have enough space to produce that much meat. I suggest you do some research outside of people who want to ensure you never question purchasing meat.

TWTD never forgets…

Who culled all those threads? on 14:10 - Jul 11 with 2615 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Who culled all those threads? on 13:58 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

I don't know the exact % of battery farms vs these green pastures of Old McDonald happy farms you speak of, but what I do know is that you are not taking the crops grown to feed / trade situation in your point.

Something like 5 billion hectares of deforested Brazil is used to feed livestock that's slaughtered know Europe. Which part of that makes sense?
Login to get fewer ads

Who culled all those threads? on 14:11 - Jul 11 with 2611 viewsRyorry

Who culled all those threads? on 14:07 - Jul 11 by Swansea_Blue

Hmm. Over zealous use of the ban hammer if you ask me. But then it's got nothing to do with me so I'll get back in my box.

In general, I approve of locking threads rather than deleting, but TWTD history is that the Hydra always spawns many babies before people eventually get bored. Lingering unresolved stuff. I'd been searching the thread for a particular post for ages in order to reply to it when the warning was given, so didn't see it.

Who culled all those threads? on 14:14 - Jul 11 with 2594 viewsRyorry

Who culled all those threads? on 14:09 - Jul 11 by monytowbray

Do you really believe that? We don't have enough space to produce that much meat. I suggest you do some research outside of people who want to ensure you never question purchasing meat.

https://www.ciwf.org.uk/farm-animals/sheep/

"Sheep farming today
Most sheep are farmed outdoors in extensive systems, with less than 1% kept in intensive systems (although this is still several million animals). Some sheep may be housed over winter but otherwise housing is generally reserved for lambing, fattening of some lambs and for milking sheep."

Who culled all those threads? on 14:16 - Jul 11 with 2586 viewsNewcyBlue

Who culled all those threads? on 14:03 - Jul 11 by monytowbray

I like the way you are still pretending that's what I said, despite being told by several posters, including myself, that it wasn't. You can go back and read it if you want. You did the same by claiming I likened voting tory to supporting the IRA. I never said that, again, go back and read it.

Newcy showed the thread to his other half and it was fine. Double standards.

Keep making a fool of yourself though.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:04]

Although I didn't show her the thread mate. I said I had shown her various threads and posts and you stick out to her.

It wasn't a thread specific comment.

This vegan pizza of yours, is it as good as you say it is? I did a decent one with asparagus and tendestem broccoli. It was epic.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who culled all those threads? on 14:17 - Jul 11 with 2576 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 14:16 - Jul 11 by NewcyBlue

Although I didn't show her the thread mate. I said I had shown her various threads and posts and you stick out to her.

It wasn't a thread specific comment.

This vegan pizza of yours, is it as good as you say it is? I did a decent one with asparagus and tendestem broccoli. It was epic.

I'm not taking issue with you mate, just the logic of others to use it as a put down.

And yes, I'll put the recipe up soon :)

TWTD never forgets…

Who culled all those threads? on 14:18 - Jul 11 with 2564 viewsRyorry

Who culled all those threads? on 14:10 - Jul 11 by BelvedereBrunswick

I don't know the exact % of battery farms vs these green pastures of Old McDonald happy farms you speak of, but what I do know is that you are not taking the crops grown to feed / trade situation in your point.

Something like 5 billion hectares of deforested Brazil is used to feed livestock that's slaughtered know Europe. Which part of that makes sense?

I agree with you on the environmental aspect, but was referring to Callis' post on p.20 of the locked thread that it was impossible to ethically mass-produce meat from an animal welfare perspective.

As I said before my thread was deleted, I'm rather envious of the life that the vast majority of UK lambs and beef cattle have!

Who culled all those threads? on 14:20 - Jul 11 with 2550 viewsNewcyBlue

Who culled all those threads? on 14:17 - Jul 11 by monytowbray

I'm not taking issue with you mate, just the logic of others to use it as a put down.

And yes, I'll put the recipe up soon :)

Ta. I make a mean Thai Curry, I think the only thing you would need an alternative for is fish sauce.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who culled all those threads? on 14:22 - Jul 11 with 2538 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 14:14 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

https://www.ciwf.org.uk/farm-animals/sheep/

"Sheep farming today
Most sheep are farmed outdoors in extensive systems, with less than 1% kept in intensive systems (although this is still several million animals). Some sheep may be housed over winter but otherwise housing is generally reserved for lambing, fattening of some lambs and for milking sheep."

"Most sheep are farmed outdoors in extensive systems, with less than 1% kept in intensive systems (although this is still several million animals). Some sheep may be housed over winter but otherwise housing is generally reserved for lambing, fattening of some lambs and for milking sheep.
Although the vast majority of sheep are not intensively farmed, there are still significant concerns for sheep and lamb welfare."

You sort of proved my point with that very link. Still millions and still a concern.

Plus that's just sheep. 50% of UK eggs are from battery farms. 8% of dairy is intensively farmed (by our definition, without considering continually inpregnating cattle as quite a dire thing to do). 40% of the world's meat is via intensive farming.

We can't support the growing population, demand of convenience and competitively low pricing whilst also being ethical in meat production. It's impossible. Plus, what the industry shows on packaging and as as ethical farming and what defines ethical farming regulation are quite different things.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:25]

TWTD never forgets…

Who culled all those threads? on 14:32 - Jul 11 with 2510 viewsRyorry

Who culled all those threads? on 14:22 - Jul 11 by monytowbray

"Most sheep are farmed outdoors in extensive systems, with less than 1% kept in intensive systems (although this is still several million animals). Some sheep may be housed over winter but otherwise housing is generally reserved for lambing, fattening of some lambs and for milking sheep.
Although the vast majority of sheep are not intensively farmed, there are still significant concerns for sheep and lamb welfare."

You sort of proved my point with that very link. Still millions and still a concern.

Plus that's just sheep. 50% of UK eggs are from battery farms. 8% of dairy is intensively farmed (by our definition, without considering continually inpregnating cattle as quite a dire thing to do). 40% of the world's meat is via intensive farming.

We can't support the growing population, demand of convenience and competitively low pricing whilst also being ethical in meat production. It's impossible. Plus, what the industry shows on packaging and as as ethical farming and what defines ethical farming regulation are quite different things.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:25]

I agree with you on the population/space/environmental aspect, but your focus on the locked thread was animal welfare.

Round here, the village butchers all use locally sourced animals (one butchers even has its own farm), everything is traceable to the individual farm, and you can see your meat grazing happily in the fields in the years before it reaches the shops. Same with eggs - I buy from my neighbours, whose hens I see running round their fields scratching and pecking away at the grass and worms from dawn to dusk. On the locked thread, you completely ignored everyone who said they similarly only buy ethically produced stuff - and it is mass produced in the UK - as I said, you've only to look out of your car windows driving the length and breadth of the UK and its rural areas.

Cruelty does go on in some places of course, and every effort should be made to stamp that out. But it's not the case for the majority of UK farm animals.

I haven't eaten or drunk dairy products for 30 years btw as I'm allergic, so not commenting on that.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:34]

Who culled all those threads? on 14:38 - Jul 11 with 2481 viewsmonytowbray

Who culled all those threads? on 14:32 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

I agree with you on the population/space/environmental aspect, but your focus on the locked thread was animal welfare.

Round here, the village butchers all use locally sourced animals (one butchers even has its own farm), everything is traceable to the individual farm, and you can see your meat grazing happily in the fields in the years before it reaches the shops. Same with eggs - I buy from my neighbours, whose hens I see running round their fields scratching and pecking away at the grass and worms from dawn to dusk. On the locked thread, you completely ignored everyone who said they similarly only buy ethically produced stuff - and it is mass produced in the UK - as I said, you've only to look out of your car windows driving the length and breadth of the UK and its rural areas.

Cruelty does go on in some places of course, and every effort should be made to stamp that out. But it's not the case for the majority of UK farm animals.

I haven't eaten or drunk dairy products for 30 years btw as I'm allergic, so not commenting on that.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 14:34]

Whilst I agree not all animals are farmed in terrible conditions, the fact intensive farming exists is enough for me to say something has to give and stop eating meat.

I wouldn't eat a dog so why eat a pig?

TWTD never forgets…

Who culled all those threads? on 14:42 - Jul 11 with 2463 viewsGavTWTD

Can we stop these new threads now please.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024