Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone please explain to me... 19:20 - Jul 12 with 6350 viewsJackSted

Why Colchester United fans hate us so much? I always see posts by them on twitter and other social media sites about how much they despise us etc. Aren't their rivals supposed to be Southend?

I actually don't mind Colchester as as team and I'm happy when they gain promotion and survive relegation etc.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 6320 viewsCoastalblue

I think that's partly the problem, we view them fondly like a little brother and it gets up their noses a bit.

Lots of people used to watch both teams when they played Friday nights and ticket prices were more sensible.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 6313 viewsbritbiker

I know a lot of ipswich fans used to go an watch col utd when they would play on a Friday then watch itfc on Saturday.

It seemed to turn sour when we took burley off them as manager. Col utd are still my second team.
Can someone please explain to me... on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 6311 viewsbluelagos

We poached Burley off them, and the level of animosity raised a lot. Was late 90s but they have long memories.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:30 - Jul 12 with 6292 viewsBlueastheycome

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:28 - Jul 12 by bluelagos

We poached Burley off them, and the level of animosity raised a lot. Was late 90s but they have long memories.

They should pay us more respect considering the amount of players that have moved into the region to play for Ipswich and then ended up retiring at Colchester
Can someone please explain to me... on 19:32 - Jul 12 with 6282 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

They can hate us as much as they want but after their 7-1 win over Norwich, I will forever hold them in high regard. Although I do remember a game against them at PR when a few of their naughty Essex lads got a bit shirty. I handled it.
Can someone please explain to me... on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 6196 viewsBent_double

I went to an Col U home game at Layer Rd just after we poached him - they were not happy bunnies that day, believe me. I kept quiet about being an Ipswich fan.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 6188 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:32 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

They can hate us as much as they want but after their 7-1 win over Norwich, I will forever hold them in high regard. Although I do remember a game against them at PR when a few of their naughty Essex lads got a bit shirty. I handled it.

You laid on the ground bleeding whilst they pointed and laughed at you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:57 - Jul 12 with 6166 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:53 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

You laid on the ground bleeding whilst they pointed and laughed at you?

No I handled it. Where were you?
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:59 - Jul 12 with 6157 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:57 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

Ponting and laughing at some pale, limp-wristed bloke who was laying on the ground bleeding.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:04 - Jul 12 with 6130 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:59 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

Ponting and laughing at some pale, limp-wristed bloke who was laying on the ground bleeding.

I'm mixed race so if you're trying to insinuate that's me then I don't know which part to take offence to.
Can someone please explain to me... on 20:07 - Jul 12 with 6116 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:04 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

I'm mixed race so if you're trying to insinuate that's me then I don't know which part to take offence to.

Have you ever once covered to Judaism, spent £10 on a pint at Wembley or had to have weekly AIDS tests, perchance?

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:28 - Jul 12 with 6027 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:07 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

Have you ever once covered to Judaism, spent £10 on a pint at Wembley or had to have weekly AIDS tests, perchance?

No - I believe in god but don't follow a religion. Never bought a beer at Wembley and don't feel like I need to answer your final question.

You?
Can someone please explain to me... on 20:38 - Jul 12 with 5998 viewsStNeotsBlue

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:26 - Jul 12 by Coastalblue

I think that's partly the problem, we view them fondly like a little brother and it gets up their noses a bit.

Lots of people used to watch both teams when they played Friday nights and ticket prices were more sensible.

The year they got relegated out of the league a load of us went to watch them away at Posh, it was local and an opportunity for us all to watch a game together, the racism from a vocal majority of the Col U fans was on a level I've never witnessed before or since. Scumbags.
Can someone please explain to me... on 21:33 - Jul 12 with 5875 viewsjaykay

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:04 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

you are of the human race.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Can someone please explain to me... on 21:56 - Jul 12 with 5789 viewsstickymockwell

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:32 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

You told them you're a black belt in tofu

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Can someone please explain to me... on 23:08 - Jul 12 with 5661 viewsClapham_Junction

Was at uni in the late 90s/early 2000s and one of my flatmates was a Col U fan - he used to get very angry about Burley despite the fact it was five years after by then.
Can someone please explain to me... on 23:09 - Jul 12 with 5657 viewsgainsboroughblue

They hated us long before the Burley thing. I watched them quite regularly. Especially when they were in the Conference in those two seasons where they pretty much smashed up every town they went.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Can someone please explain to me... on 23:27 - Jul 12 with 5614 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone please explain to me... on 21:33 - Jul 12 by jaykay

you are of the human race.

Can we get a second opinion on that one?

Can someone please explain to me... on 00:04 - Jul 13 with 5563 viewshoppy

Jealousy?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Can someone please explain to me... on 04:02 - Jul 13 with 5498 viewsJohnny_Boy

Can someone please explain to me... on 19:57 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

Probably on strike.

*this was a joke.
Can someone please explain to me... on 04:23 - Jul 13 with 5488 viewsJohnny_Boy

Can someone please explain to me... on 20:28 - Jul 12 by BelvedereBrunswick

No - I believe in god but don't follow a religion. Never bought a beer at Wembley and don't feel like I need to answer your final question.

You?

For somebody that's forever expressing their opinions on TWTD, I feel you've become rather mute.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024