Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history 09:54 - Jul 13 with 1724 viewsitfcjoe

This podcast is back for a second season, if you haven't listened to the first then you should do it also.

Brilliant episode (which is currently a couple of weeks old) called Road to Damascus that I listened to yesterday. About a terrorist who turned to help the States and how that journey played out.

Episode link here:
http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/12-the-road-to-damascus

But you really should subscribe to it through your Podcatcher, available in all #theusualplaces

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 1718 viewsunbelievablue

Listened to half of the second episode this morning. He's great, and the Road to Damascus is fantastic - I tweeted about it the other day.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:02 - Jul 13 with 1704 viewsfactual_blue

He's written a couple of fascinating books as well, particularly 'Outliers', his analysis of how geniuses and the extremely successful come into being. Which is basically by hard work and luck rather than innate talent. He looks at, amongst others, The Beatles and Bill Gates.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:05 - Jul 13 with 1695 viewsitfcjoe

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 09:55 - Jul 13 by unbelievablue

Listened to half of the second episode this morning. He's great, and the Road to Damascus is fantastic - I tweeted about it the other day.

Damascus is 2nd episode, 1st one was the golf one in LA...

I'm so far behind on my podcasts and like to listen to them in order - but thinking of bumping these to the top of the queue.

When I listened to R to D, instantly just re-listened to it. This series is a true high of podcasting brilliance.

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:13 - Jul 13 with 1687 viewsitfcjoe

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:02 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

He's written a couple of fascinating books as well, particularly 'Outliers', his analysis of how geniuses and the extremely successful come into being. Which is basically by hard work and luck rather than innate talent. He looks at, amongst others, The Beatles and Bill Gates.

Yep, haven't read them fully but have read parts and books along those lines and they are on the list.

Currently reading Black Box Thinking by Matthew Syed which is similar and really interesting so far

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:37 - Jul 13 with 1660 viewsvilanovablue

Malcolm Gladwell - Revisionist history on 10:02 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

His first book the Tipping Point is also a fantastic read, although discredited to a certain degree for an over-reliance on certain elements to reach his point it is still fascinating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024