Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitmans Replacement 12:09 - Jul 13 with 5419 viewsShropshireBluenago09

MM has said that the wage bill needs to be reduced before players are bought in. If Pitman does go a new striker should be signed. But who?
I have put 5 names down who realisitically are within our budget would like to see in a town shirt;

Paddy Madden
Kurtis Guthrie
Marvin Emnes
Marcus Maddison
Ricky Holmes

Any of the above would be a good addition IMO

Gus Uhlenbeek

Pitmans Replacement on 12:10 - Jul 13 with 5405 viewsKieran_Knows

Ricky Holmes has just signed a new deal with Charlton. Marcus Maddison does not seem a Mick player in the slightest, the P'boro chairman even confirmed they've had problems with his attitude etc.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pitmans Replacement on 12:17 - Jul 13 with 5335 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Pitmans Replacement on 12:10 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Ricky Holmes has just signed a new deal with Charlton. Marcus Maddison does not seem a Mick player in the slightest, the P'boro chairman even confirmed they've had problems with his attitude etc.

Does anyone think Kurtis Guthrie would be a good signing? From the little i've seen he looks promising.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Pitmans Replacement on 12:18 - Jul 13 with 5323 viewsxrayspecs

If Pitman does go to Portsmouth and he is one of our highest earners, then I would imagine we will end up having to pay some of his wages rather than him taking a paycut or Portsmouth funding in fall.

Would reduce what we have to spend on wages for a new signing.
Pitmans Replacement on 12:26 - Jul 13 with 5239 viewsHackneyblueboy

Pitmans Replacement on 12:17 - Jul 13 by ShropshireBluenago09

Does anyone think Kurtis Guthrie would be a good signing? From the little i've seen he looks promising.

I actually know the lad, being from Jersey.

I haven't spoken to him for a few years so he may have matured but his attitude certainly would need to improve if he wanted to play for Mick.

He is quick and seems to have scored a few goals but not sure he has what it takes to play at Championship level.
Pitmans Replacement on 12:31 - Jul 13 with 5192 viewsElderGrizzly

To be fair, he said before "too many more" are brought in.

Don't think we are in one in one out territory yet, but getting someone of Pitman's wage off the books will certainly help
Pitmans Replacement on 12:32 - Jul 13 with 5185 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:17 - Jul 13 by ShropshireBluenago09

Been out injured for a while if i'm correct. Can't say I've seen much of him either.

Pitmans Replacement on 12:35 - Jul 13 with 5150 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:31 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

To be fair, he said before "too many more" are brought in.

Don't think we are in one in one out territory yet, but getting someone of Pitman's wage off the books will certainly help

Definitely, and need to try get Bru off the books also.

Can't see Mick then offloading anyone else unless we get a significant offer for someone, but given how poor we were last season, I can't see that happening either.

Pitmans Replacement on 12:40 - Jul 13 with 5103 viewsElderGrizzly

Pitmans Replacement on 12:35 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Definitely, and need to try get Bru off the books also.

Can't see Mick then offloading anyone else unless we get a significant offer for someone, but given how poor we were last season, I can't see that happening either.

Agree, it's not getting fees in, but getting senior players out who have no chance of playing that will free up some wages.

Pitman & Bru are clearly too expensive to have just sitting around so we need to reinvest that wage bill into new players who will fit Mick's style/ethos.

Bart going is clearly the biggest risk fee wise, but outside of Sunderland i'm not sure who else can afford him or would want him in this league. Otherwise he is in bottom 6 PL territory, but I wouldn't begrudge him taking a huge wage offer elsewhere.

He's good, but certainly not irreplaceable.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitmans Replacement on 12:42 - Jul 13 with 5065 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:40 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, it's not getting fees in, but getting senior players out who have no chance of playing that will free up some wages.

Pitman & Bru are clearly too expensive to have just sitting around so we need to reinvest that wage bill into new players who will fit Mick's style/ethos.

Bart going is clearly the biggest risk fee wise, but outside of Sunderland i'm not sure who else can afford him or would want him in this league. Otherwise he is in bottom 6 PL territory, but I wouldn't begrudge him taking a huge wage offer elsewhere.

He's good, but certainly not irreplaceable.

Agreed. Quality over quantity, which hasn't been the case for the last couple of summers.

Agree about Bart also, I just don't see him leaving.

Pitmans Replacement on 12:52 - Jul 13 with 5001 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd look at Ollie McBurnie on loan from down here. He can't break into the 1st team yet, but scored for fun in the development league last year - league player of the season too. Knows where the net is and runs his socks off - a bit of a more mobile Rhodes, just needing to bulk up a bit more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pitmans Replacement on 12:54 - Jul 13 with 4984 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:52 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

I'd look at Ollie McBurnie on loan from down here. He can't break into the 1st team yet, but scored for fun in the development league last year - league player of the season too. Knows where the net is and runs his socks off - a bit of a more mobile Rhodes, just needing to bulk up a bit more.

McBurnie is off to Barnsley by all accounts isn't he?

Pitmans Replacement on 12:56 - Jul 13 with 4974 viewsitfcjoe

Think it will be the Icelander

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pitmans Replacement on 12:57 - Jul 13 with 4962 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:56 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Think it will be the Icelander

Would be nice if it was a permanent deal though. I have heard he would be coming here as pretty much our top earner if we matched his Wolves wages, so can see why a loan deal is an option (with Town only paying a certain %).

Pitmans Replacement on 12:59 - Jul 13 with 4935 viewsElderGrizzly

Pitmans Replacement on 12:57 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Would be nice if it was a permanent deal though. I have heard he would be coming here as pretty much our top earner if we matched his Wolves wages, so can see why a loan deal is an option (with Town only paying a certain %).

Loan with option to buy would be ideal i'd say.

Very good chance Mick is off in the summer when his contract expires if we have a mediocre season again and wouldn't want to be left with a player who certainly isn't prolific with 3 goals last season.
Pitmans Replacement on 13:01 - Jul 13 with 4910 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 12:59 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

Loan with option to buy would be ideal i'd say.

Very good chance Mick is off in the summer when his contract expires if we have a mediocre season again and wouldn't want to be left with a player who certainly isn't prolific with 3 goals last season.

Would probably be the best route to go down, and imagine Wolves would want to recoup most of the £1m paid for him.

Seems a Mick type player, and having a quick scout on the Wolves forum, they all seem to think the same thing.

Pitmans Replacement on 13:05 - Jul 13 with 4885 viewsitfcjoe

Pitmans Replacement on 12:57 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

I'd like a permanent, just have to arrange it like Huws where he gets a bigger signing on fee and smaller transfer fee as Wolves want him off their books

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pitmans Replacement on 13:12 - Jul 13 with 4850 viewsKieran_Knows

Pitmans Replacement on 13:05 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

I'd like a permanent, just have to arrange it like Huws where he gets a bigger signing on fee and smaller transfer fee as Wolves want him off their books

Yer, something along those lines would probably work.

Pitmans Replacement on 13:16 - Jul 13 with 4834 viewsFenboyBlue

Haven't we been trying to reduce the wage bill now since the turn of the century ? Honestly, if we sold all our players and assembled a team out of 5 stray dogs, 3 pigeons, 2 mannequins from M&S with the arms missing and put a used Ikea bookcase in goal, they'd still be saying "We need to reduce that wage bill before we can get a backup keeper for the bookcase"
Pitmans Replacement on 13:42 - Jul 13 with 4768 viewsElderGrizzly

Pitmans Replacement on 13:16 - Jul 13 by FenboyBlue

Haven't we been trying to reduce the wage bill now since the turn of the century ? Honestly, if we sold all our players and assembled a team out of 5 stray dogs, 3 pigeons, 2 mannequins from M&S with the arms missing and put a used Ikea bookcase in goal, they'd still be saying "We need to reduce that wage bill before we can get a backup keeper for the bookcase"

We've been very bad at it then, as it has increased every year under Mick
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024