Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave 09:58 - Jul 14 with 10205 viewsbluesym

before we could loan in this Wolves player...

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 09:59 - Jul 14 with 8109 viewsKieran_Knows

Would imagine that sounds about right. I had heard that Bodvarsson would be coming here as one of our top earners, so can see why we had to get shot of Pitman first.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 8073 viewsclive_baker

Would make sense, get Pitman's £500k salary off the books confirmed before we commit to fund the loan. What are the odds on him scoring a shed load for Reading!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 8048 viewsKieran_Knows

Still have other bids in ...

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 8016 viewsPhilTWTD

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 09:59 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

Would imagine that sounds about right. I had heard that Bodvarsson would be coming here as one of our top earners, so can see why we had to get shot of Pitman first.

That is true - and Mick essentially confirmed that that was the case a week or so ago - but as per yesterday's reports I don't think the Bodvarsson deal was as close as has been suggested. Progress was certainly being made but still work to do before Reading came in and scuppered things. Further to that, Portsmouth media suggest Pitman was done and dusted fairly early yesterday but just hadn't been publicly confirmed.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 7986 viewsfactual_blue

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:03 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

Still have other bids in ...

Are eggs in the basket better or worse than irons in the fire?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:07 - Jul 14 with 7961 viewsKieran_Knows

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:05 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

That is true - and Mick essentially confirmed that that was the case a week or so ago - but as per yesterday's reports I don't think the Bodvarsson deal was as close as has been suggested. Progress was certainly being made but still work to do before Reading came in and scuppered things. Further to that, Portsmouth media suggest Pitman was done and dusted fairly early yesterday but just hadn't been publicly confirmed.

Fair enough. Imagine he was top of the list (as you reported), and now we'll have to work our way down it.

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 7901 viewsFixed_It

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:05 - Jul 14 by factual_blue

In Clegg's day we used to have eggs in the fire and irons in the basket. He was rubbish. Clegg out!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:14 - Jul 14 with 7852 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Reading have a history of signing Icelanders

Gus Uhlenbeek

Login to get fewer ads

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:15 - Jul 14 with 7857 viewspablosturn

So from all of this should we conclude we had a zero transfer and wage budget for new signings?

We have replaced basically like for like in terms of personnel from last season and now have to wait for some of our paper thin squad to leave before we can recruit Wolves reserve players?
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:17 - Jul 14 with 7836 viewshoppy

Eggs in the basket are certainly better than they are in a frying pan, where J2Blue is concerned. Don't know how he does his irons.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:20 - Jul 14 with 7798 viewsSWGF

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:14 - Jul 14 by ShropshireBluenago09

Reading have a history of signing Icelanders

So we can look forward to eventually signing him from them when he's *well* past his best.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:20 - Jul 14 with 7799 viewsITFCBlues

Any news on potential other targets? "Bids are in" statement true?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:21 - Jul 14 with 7780 viewsclive_baker

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:15 - Jul 14 by pablosturn

So from all of this should we conclude we had a zero transfer and wage budget for new signings?

We have replaced basically like for like in terms of personnel from last season and now have to wait for some of our paper thin squad to leave before we can recruit Wolves reserve players?

We spent £1m+ on Huws and £1m or Garner. I don't think we've sold anyone for a fee have we?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:28 - Jul 14 with 7711 viewsrayman_10

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:21 - Jul 14 by clive_baker

We spent £1m+ on Huws and £1m or Garner. I don't think we've sold anyone for a fee have we?

Well apparently it was undisclosed for Pitman 😂 Which translates to they probably paid for the petrol for him to go there

COYB

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:31 - Jul 14 with 7677 viewspablosturn

We have wages off our books and lost key personnel that have been replaced. Accept we have spent cash which means we had a budget I guess you are right there.

I think what I meant was that we have zero budget left now? I had hoped from Milnes comments at the end of the season that we were going to have a go at competing (in some way) and it appears we cant, sigh.
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:33 - Jul 14 with 7664 viewsFixed_It

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:20 - Jul 14 by ITFCBlues

I very much doubt Phil would ever share anything gets to hear with us lot. Why would he want to do that?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:34 - Jul 14 with 7642 viewssuffolkpoker

We will get compensation for Kundai Benyu in the mid hundred thousands.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:34 - Jul 14 with 7634 viewsbluewein

Depends if you're a vegan I guess...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:36 - Jul 14 with 7616 viewsrayman_10

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:34 - Jul 14 by suffolkpoker

We will get compensation for Kundai Benyu in the mid hundred thousands.

Did we ever get compensation for that youngster Chelsea nabbed? Charlie Brown wasn't it?

COYB

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:36 - Jul 14 with 7611 viewsKieran_Knows

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:36 - Jul 14 by rayman_10

Did we ever get compensation for that youngster Chelsea nabbed? Charlie Brown wasn't it?

£750k, IIRC.

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:39 - Jul 14 with 7575 viewsdirtyboy

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:33 - Jul 14 by Fixed_It

I very much doubt Phil would ever share anything gets to hear with us lot. Why would he want to do that?

I expect he always wants to share and often knows more about what we're speculating about on here, but if he did, he'd lose his information sources quite quickly!
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:40 - Jul 14 with 7563 viewssuffolkpoker

Also got close to £1m for the youngster who scored this wonder goal.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:43 - Jul 14 with 7544 viewsclive_baker

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:31 - Jul 14 by pablosturn

We have wages off our books and lost key personnel that have been replaced. Accept we have spent cash which means we had a budget I guess you are right there.

I think what I meant was that we have zero budget left now? I had hoped from Milnes comments at the end of the season that we were going to have a go at competing (in some way) and it appears we cant, sigh.

I think we're down to 1 in, 1 out now. Pitman going leaves room for the 1 in, who that is remains to be seen.

I would think our wage budget will remain flat vs. last season, with the new signings offsetting the gains on Berra, Pitman, Lawrence, Williams, Douglas, Best etc. Transfer spend currently stands at net £2m+ (wouldn't be surprised if it was more than £1m for Huws) which isn't bad. Relative to other clubs it's peanuts, but I can't say I was expecting much more, we hardly have a precedent for that.

And we've kept Bart (currently) which is a good win.

I don't think we're any stronger on paper than we were last year but if Bishop can get fit, Celina can make a Lawrence / Fraser impact, McGoldrick can stay fit, if Garner proves a success, Webster gets fit, Taylor too maybe, Huws kicks on, Dozzell emerges etc. then you never know. Lots of if's but either way we needed a shake up and I'm glad we're doing that.

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:47 - Jul 14 with 7492 viewsRonFearonsHair

Peanuts
Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:50 - Jul 14 with 7473 viewsPhilTWTD

Apparantly we had to wait for Pitman to leave on 10:20 - Jul 14 by ITFCBlues

Mick said on Saturday that there were plenty of irons in the fire, whether that's firm bids or otherwise. I would guess the next likely signing will be Cummings. Seems a bit coincidental that a right-back comes in and plays in a friendly then the next day Emmanuel's long-expected loan switch is confirmed. The lack of cover was why they were umming and ahhing about it for a few days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024