Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done 10:32 - Jul 14 with 14574 viewsIpswich24

in the window so far.
We have only really bought in Adeyemi and Garner .We had Huws last year we had Spence, and Celina just replaces Lawrence. We still dont have a powerful, pacy striker, we are very short at right back, and we still seem to be missing out on our top targets. Ward going to Cardiff and Wolves chap to Reading

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:35 - Jul 14 with 9086 viewsunbelievablue

I don't see why having Huws and Spence last year diminishes the positive nature of their signings.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:38 - Jul 14 with 9057 viewsBrettenhamBlue

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:35 - Jul 14 by unbelievablue

I don't see why having Huws and Spence last year diminishes the positive nature of their signings.

I think he's trying to say that both players were (sort of) already at the club.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:39 - Jul 14 with 9042 viewsunbelievablue

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:38 - Jul 14 by BrettenhamBlue

I think he's trying to say that both players were (sort of) already at the club.

Weird logic though, especially in the case of Huws, which is a very positive permenant signing.

I do get the points about RB and CF though. GAPS.

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:40 - Jul 14 with 9026 viewsLankHenners

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:35 - Jul 14 by unbelievablue

Because it gives them something to moan about.

It's like the divs who say 'we haven't really made any new signings because they're replacing the players who have left'. Er... isn't that kinda the point of signing players?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:41 - Jul 14 with 9034 viewsSteve_M

Well quite, adding Huws on a permanent contract might be the best signing we've made in several years. And Garner and Ademyei each add something we lack (physicality up front and energy in midfield).

And Celina looks like a replacement fro Fraser/Lawrence.

Four good, Championship players in early and one good loan signing with time to add to the squad is positive. No need to be playing it down because it was absolutely essential.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:47 - Jul 14 with 8978 viewsOsborneOneNil

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:41 - Jul 14 by Steve_M

Well quite, adding Huws on a permanent contract might be the best signing we've made in several years. And Garner and Ademyei each add something we lack (physicality up front and energy in midfield).

And Celina looks like a replacement fro Fraser/Lawrence.

Four good, Championship players in early and one good loan signing with time to add to the squad is positive. No need to be playing it down because it was absolutely essential.

That's it, nicely summarised. I think we've had a decent window, to date, but I do agree we need to add a couple or 3 more, which I am confident we will.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 8928 viewsGuthrum

Huws and Spence were part of the team when we were actually doing ok last season, when we smashed the "February of Doom" which many thought would see us close to relegation, when we stopped aspiring champions Newcastle in their tracks at Portman Road.

If Town play like that in the coming season, plus a few more goals from Garner, we'll do alright.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 8906 viewsKieran_Knows

To suit peoples agendas, innit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:02 - Jul 14 with 8882 viewsBluebell

We still have 22 days (yes, I'm counting!) to bring in more players, and unlike last year when Murphy went at the last minute, we have time to get more in.

Hopefully with Pitman's wages gone it will give Mick money to replace him.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:02 - Jul 14 with 8880 viewsFtnfwest

yes but there was 'big news' in the middle of June
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:13 - Jul 14 with 8819 viewshomer_123

I can see two if not three more new faces before the window closes.

Adding Huws on a perm basis is a very good signing. Celina (if at Lawrence's level) would also be excellent at this level - even if just on loan. I think you are doing Garner a disservice as well as ignoring completely Adeyimi.

To be honest, if you can only view the above as negative that I'd question expectations vs reality. Appreciate everyone comes from things from different perspectives and I don't really see anyone on here who is outright saying 'it's the best summer signings we've ever had' - from what I've read most seem to be cautiously optimistic, almost realistic and calling the signings for what they are - steady improvement.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:14 - Jul 14 with 8811 viewshomer_123

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:39 - Jul 14 by unbelievablue

Weird logic though, especially in the case of Huws, which is a very positive permenant signing.

I do get the points about RB and CF though. GAPS.

Agreed, as I said above signing Huws on a perm basis is a significant signing. I think everyone would have classed that as a very decent signing at this level had we got him without the loan coming first.

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:14 - Jul 14 with 8812 viewsHarryWright

Do people really count Spence as a signing? Just extending a current players contract . I see your point, we haven't really improved from last year and if the window finished now it would be an unsuccessful one.

Huws coming in on a permanent is a huge step towards building a good young team so a few more signings and perhaps Evans has finally proved himself in a transfer window. We need more though, this current squad is no better than last year, potentially worse with the loss of Lawrence and pitman without a replacement as of yet.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:16 - Jul 14 with 8802 viewsunbelievablue

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:14 - Jul 14 by HarryWright

Do people really count Spence as a signing? Just extending a current players contract . I see your point, we haven't really improved from last year and if the window finished now it would be an unsuccessful one.

Huws coming in on a permanent is a huge step towards building a good young team so a few more signings and perhaps Evans has finally proved himself in a transfer window. We need more though, this current squad is no better than last year, potentially worse with the loss of Lawrence and pitman without a replacement as of yet.

"If the window finished now it would be an unsuccessful one."

The worst straw man argument I've seen in a while.

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:17 - Jul 14 with 8782 viewshomer_123

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:14 - Jul 14 by HarryWright

'...current squad is no better than last year'.

I'd have to disagree with that - we are a smaller squad for sure but that can work in our favour and I can a more clear spine to the side at the moment with some real potential there as well.

As I say - I can still see 2 or 3 coming in to bolster - right back for example and another striker at least.

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:29 - Jul 14 with 8750 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure it's always a case of the list of targets being quite so hierarchical. For example, we got Garner having not got Ward, who we know was a target in January, but Garner was someone targeted last summer so was clearly a long-term MM favourite.

Re Bodvarsson, from what I gather, his availability only became known relatively recently. He was still in Iceland on Tuesday and flew back for a meeting with Wolves to discuss his future on Wednesday when it was confirmed they'd allow him to move on, which presumably had already been indicated might well be the case to clubs such as ourselves.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:30 - Jul 14 with 8728 viewsNo9

It begins to look much more like consilidating a Div 2 mid table finish rather than any push up the table
A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 11:34 - Jul 14 with 8710 viewsBloots

....a week ago has signed for another club and the doom mongers are out in force.

Barmy.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:45 - Jul 14 with 8642 viewsDarth_Koont

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:02 - Jul 14 by Bluebell

We still have 22 days (yes, I'm counting!) to bring in more players, and unlike last year when Murphy went at the last minute, we have time to get more in.

Hopefully with Pitman's wages gone it will give Mick money to replace him.

We have until August 31st but I take your point - good to have the players we want early and start the season in the right way.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of deals won't be possible until clubs are forced into shuffling the pack.

Pronouns: He/Him

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 11:58 - Jul 14 with 8577 viewsNorthern_Blue81

You have to give it time yet, but agree we do need to sign a goal scorer as top priority in this window.
A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 12:16 - Jul 14 with 8521 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A bloke that nobody had any interest in signing..... on 11:34 - Jul 14 by Bloots

....a week ago has signed for another club and the doom mongers are out in force.

Barmy.

Once again you aren't familiar with the facts. Bodvarsson (if you mean him) hasn't signed for another club as yet.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:17 - Jul 14 with 8510 viewsKeaneish

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 10:59 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

To suit peoples agendas, innit.

I think his point is quite obvious isn't it? He's saying securing the Spence and Huws signings dont add any new dimension to the squad from what we had at the back end of last season, which seems far away from an agenda and actually quite accurate.

I'm in agreement with others. All positive signings, however, the optimism is bizzare given the mood only 2 months ago.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:19 - Jul 14 with 8487 viewsSwansea_Blue

It doesn't, but by definition it doesn't strengthen us either. Although it means we're not as weak as we could have been if we hadn't signed them. Unless we'd signed even better players instead. I think

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:22 - Jul 14 with 8479 viewsjas0999

Agreed, but there is still a shortfall of 9 players since last season! Signing Huws was the real positive for me.
I really dont get the positivity of what we have done on 12:25 - Jul 14 with 8462 viewsReuser_is_God

'Do people really count Spence as a signing?'

Only simpletons.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024