Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dutch free agent pick of the year. 11:13 - Jul 14 with 2441 viewsIpswichTownNL

So, last year my Dutch Free Agent Pick would have been Armenteros.

If we are looking at the Dutch League we should give free agent Samuel Armenteros a go. Killed it at Heracles en moved to Anderlecht. Didn’t play there. Feyenoord took him in and not a great success. I think he would do well at Town. He’s an animal with decent touch. Sing him up.

He eventually signed for small club Heracles and banged in 20+ goals in 30 games while having a beer in one hand and a fag in the other. Obviously way out of our € league now.

This year’s free agent pick; Ruud Boymans.

Boymans is currently playing for Allahu Akbar FC in the desert and counting money. About a month after he arrived the Dutch manager at the club was canned and our by Ruud hasn’t got a look in since. Now, they can only play 3 foreigners in the desert league and the club haven’t even registered him for next season. Currently training with his former club FC Utrecht to keep in shape.

He’s making tons of money obviously but I know him quite well — played for my club VVV years ago - and this boy loves the game to much to just do nothing. Offer him Pitmans wages and we have a decent shot.

Boymans is an absolute animal on the pitch. Centre backs would have tears rolling down their face if they saw Boymans and Garner coming at them.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 11:15 - Jul 14 with 2426 viewshomer_123

Interesting - friend of mine over in Belgium mentioned him a few weeks back as it happens and said....'Would suit the English game.'.

Read into that what you will.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 11:32 - Jul 14 with 2351 viewsITFC1983

Send this to mick.mccarthy@itfc.co.uk and I will keep my fingers crossed!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 11:36 - Jul 14 with 2343 viewsPhilTWTD

Boymans was linked with us in 2011:

Town Linked With Dutch Striker 5th Jan 2011 22:56
Town, QPR, ADO Den Haag and unnamed Premier League sides are eyeing VVV Venlo striker Ruud Boymans, according to reports in Holland. The 21-year-old has scored nine league goals this season, more than half of his relegation-threatened club’s total of 17. 37

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 11:42 - Jul 14 with 2305 viewsTIB

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 11:32 - Jul 14 by ITFC1983

Send this to mick.mccarthy@itfc.co.uk and I will keep my fingers crossed!

Get #Boymans4ITFC trending and I think we're in with a shout.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 12:06 - Jul 14 with 2226 viewsconnorscontract

Boymans looks interesting. A goal every two and a half games in the Dutch top division, and a goal every two games (near as) in the Belgian top division. That's a very good strike rate.

So who just missed out? Who are the second and third best Dutch Free Agents of the Year? Any goalkeepers, in case Bart leaves?
Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 12:08 - Jul 14 with 2215 viewsIllinoisblue

is Willhire van Rental still available?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 13:43 - Jul 14 with 2081 viewsIpswichTownNL

Dutch free agent pick of the year. on 12:06 - Jul 14 by connorscontract

Boymans looks interesting. A goal every two and a half games in the Dutch top division, and a goal every two games (near as) in the Belgian top division. That's a very good strike rate.

So who just missed out? Who are the second and third best Dutch Free Agents of the Year? Any goalkeepers, in case Bart leaves?

Goalkeeper would de Ruiter from Utrecht. Out of contract. Very decent. Not much available on the cheap really. Nacer Barazite might be worth a punt.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024