Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? 18:21 - Jul 14 with 5639 viewsconnorscontract

Hyperbole, maybe, but happy to see your clips of sporting split-second genius that beat it.

Maybe Gordon Banks save v Pele 1970, or Bergkamp's incredible take-down, flick, shoot, from football. Maybe some stunning catches in cricket or Shane Warne's ball of the century v Gatting. But this is just incredible:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40612620
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 18:25 - Jul 14 with 5617 viewsclive_baker

It's not even close.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 18:25 - Jul 14 with 5615 viewsBlue_Order

No, mate.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 18:47 - Jul 14 with 5573 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

For a minute I thought the ball hit the racket after he 'threw'/let go of it, but turned out it was before. The former would've been rather more incredible!
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:09 - Jul 14 with 5531 viewsBlueBadger

It's got nothing on Tamas Prison's offside bicycle kick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:09 - Jul 14 with 5529 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

What a let down that was. You really built that up as well.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:10 - Jul 14 with 5517 viewsMJallday

did you miss this, last weekened?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/271121/1/vettel-calls-for-review-of-f1-jump-start-r

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:13 - Jul 14 with 5501 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's wheely good. You did string us along a bit though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:28 - Jul 14 with 5474 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:10 - Jul 14 by MJallday

did you miss this, last weekened?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/271121/1/vettel-calls-for-review-of-f1-jump-start-r

Pah, that's nothing. Here's Bob Nudd on his way to becoming World Angling Champion. And the amazing moment the camera caught the SPLIT SECOND he happened to pour some groundbait into a tray. It does get any better than this!

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:31 - Jul 14 with 5463 viewsconnorscontract

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 18:47 - Jul 14 by NoCanariesAllowed

For a minute I thought the ball hit the racket after he 'threw'/let go of it, but turned out it was before. The former would've been rather more incredible!

Was it? I thought he threw it, it hits the ball, and the ball drops perfectly over the net to win the point.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:34 - Jul 14 with 5460 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:28 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Pah, that's nothing. Here's Bob Nudd on his way to becoming World Angling Champion. And the amazing moment the camera caught the SPLIT SECOND he happened to pour some groundbait into a tray. It does get any better than this!

I think you're overlooking this unforgettable split-second moment where Canadian Jennifer Jones "RELEASED THE ROCK" against Russia in the Olympics

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:40 - Jul 14 with 5447 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:34 - Jul 14 by BelvedereBrunswick

I think you're overlooking this unforgettable split-second moment where Canadian Jennifer Jones "RELEASED THE ROCK" against Russia in the Olympics

Ooh, that's good. But it's not Brian missing this long cupping against Betty in the South Yorkshire Oddfellows Tiddlywinks Olympics 2012, is it?

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 20:11 - Jul 14 with 5405 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:40 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Ooh, that's good. But it's not Brian missing this long cupping against Betty in the South Yorkshire Oddfellows Tiddlywinks Olympics 2012, is it?

Admittedly it wasn't, no.

But is there a better exemplification of British sport than this split second shot of bowls giant David Bryant at his best?

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 20:45 - Jul 14 with 5350 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 19:31 - Jul 14 by connorscontract

Was it? I thought he threw it, it hits the ball, and the ball drops perfectly over the net to win the point.

Finding it hard to tell, but the commentator says he hit the ball before he threw the racket - would like to think they could see it rather better than I can make out on my phone!
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 20:58 - Jul 14 with 5327 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 20:11 - Jul 14 by BelvedereBrunswick

Admittedly it wasn't, no.

But is there a better exemplification of British sport than this split second shot of bowls giant David Bryant at his best?

Can't vompete with that, I'm out

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 22:27 - Jul 14 with 5250 viewsconnorscontract

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 18:25 - Jul 14 by clive_baker

It's not even close.

It's post/pre season. Post a clip. That was the idea of the thread.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 22:34 - Jul 14 with 5242 viewsconnorscontract

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 20:45 - Jul 14 by NoCanariesAllowed

Finding it hard to tell, but the commentator says he hit the ball before he threw the racket - would like to think they could see it rather better than I can make out on my phone!

I've watched it back frame by frame. The Commentator is wrong. He throws the racket. It hits the ball. the ball lands perfectly. In Wheelchair Tennis the ball can be played after two bounces, not one, so the shot is even more inch perfect.

It's impressive.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 08:15 - Jul 15 with 5136 viewsredacted

Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 22:34 - Jul 14 by connorscontract

I've watched it back frame by frame. The Commentator is wrong. He throws the racket. It hits the ball. the ball lands perfectly. In Wheelchair Tennis the ball can be played after two bounces, not one, so the shot is even more inch perfect.

It's impressive.

You have to be holding the racquet when the ball is played, otherwise it is a fail shot. So if it did hit the racquet after it was thrown it should have been a foul shot.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 5106 viewsm14_blue

Can't believe no one's mentioned Douglas kicking the ball into his own face yet.
Is this the most incredible sporting split-second ever? on 09:37 - Jul 15 with 5044 viewsWeWereZombies

Micky Lambert making off on a run down the wing too soon, the ball hitting the heel of his trailing foot and looping over his head so that he could carry on punting forward with it as if had he intended for it to happen...sometime in the seventies, against some team or other...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024