Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game of season Milne offering free tickets 19:04 - Jul 17 with 11418 viewsuppersirbob

I have seen an email from Milne to NHS workers offering free tickets for the game and they have told the NHS to let them know how many they need !

So big crowd to look good on opening day !
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 19:08 - Jul 17 with 9435 viewschristiand

Now that is excellent PR work Mr Milne, hope this is true. Been very encouraged by some of the club's decisions over the summer, this is much more like the club I thought we were or would like us to be.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:28 - Jul 17 with 9248 viewsfactual_blue

But he's happy to drive away fans who were willing to pay.

#slapintheface.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:33 - Jul 17 with 9229 viewsxrayspecs

Are these the overpaid public sector workers with their pensions the rest of us look on at with envy?

Surely, we should be chargning them a Hammond premium?
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:38 - Jul 17 with 9195 viewsGeoffSentence

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:28 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

#slapintheface.

Obviously they want a lot of nurses and doctors in the ground first game, to deal with all the furious old fwckers over-exerting themselves.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:43 - Jul 17 with 9171 viewsuefacup81

Any word on how this is being effected? I'm up in Norwich, so I've pinged the ticket office an email asking if us NHS bods further afield are included in the generosity.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:49 - Jul 17 with 9110 viewsJ2BLUE

Benters pays for his tickets and he's a red, white and blue blooded Englishman and these foreign NHS workers get tickets for free?!?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:50 - Jul 17 with 9102 viewsfactual_blue

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:38 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

Obviously they want a lot of nurses and doctors in the ground first game, to deal with all the furious old fwckers over-exerting themselves.

That's no way to talk about the first team squad.

Actually, it might be.

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:52 - Jul 17 with 9086 viewsfactual_blue

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:49 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Benters pays for his tickets and he's a red, white and blue blooded Englishman and these foreign NHS workers get tickets for free?!?

balls

Login to get fewer ads

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:54 - Jul 17 with 9072 viewshoppy

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:38 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

I think it's only the wives and girlfriends of the new signings it's applicable for, but that's still a nice touch to welcome them...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:56 - Jul 17 with 9063 viewsfactual_blue

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:43 - Jul 17 by uefacup81

Any word on how this is being effected? I'm up in Norwich, so I've pinged the ticket office an email asking if us NHS bods further afield are included in the generosity.

Bluebadger is handling the PR for this, so I'd ping him a PM if I were you.

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 21:07 - Jul 17 with 9003 viewsFtnfwest

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:49 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Thought he'd decided he was Welsh?
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 21:24 - Jul 17 with 8954 viewsEatonBlue

Does that include Doctor Who?
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 22:27 - Jul 17 with 8765 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:33 - Jul 17 by xrayspecs

Are these the overpaid public sector workers with their pensions the rest of us look on at with envy?

Surely, we should be chargning them a Hammond premium?

Is it the 80's again ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 15:51 - Jul 18 with 8351 viewsBlueNomad

Not fair!! Apparently public sector workers are all on massive salaries. The Chancellor said so!
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 8242 viewsbluejacko

isnt it a shame they didnt have these ideas before they jarred off 2000 odd regular supporters?
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 17:55 - Jul 18 with 8220 viewsBlue_badge

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 17:49 - Jul 18 by bluejacko

isnt it a shame they didnt have these ideas before they jarred off 2000 odd regular supporters?

"he's jarred off"
"you jar me!"
Expressions I used regularly while living in Ipswich between the mid-50's and the mid-70's. Haven't heard them used at all for the last 40 years or so, assumed they'd died out.
Are they still in use in Suffolk or are you an old codger like me?
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 17:58 - Jul 18 with 8217 viewsbluejacko

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 17:55 - Jul 18 by Blue_badge

"he's jarred off"
"you jar me!"
Expressions I used regularly while living in Ipswich between the mid-50's and the mid-70's. Haven't heard them used at all for the last 40 years or so, assumed they'd died out.
Are they still in use in Suffolk or are you an old codger like me?

Yep Old!! but used all the time in the Army, and I am one of those stuffed over with the concession price so pardon me if I don't get all exited!
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 18:32]
on 07:56 - Jul 19 with 8002 views_

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 08:05 - Jul 19 with 7986 viewsBenters

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 21:07 - Jul 17 by Ftnfwest

Thought he'd decided he was Welsh?

Half Breed innit

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 09:04 - Jul 19 with 7933 viewsBenters

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 20:28 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

#slapintheface.

Indeed.

B.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:39 - Jul 19 with 7888 viewsuefacup81

Seems some of the old ways have yet to die, though. Got a response to an email to the ticket office as to whether a long-standing fan working in the NHS here in Norfolk could be considered for inclusion:

As my colleague mentioned in the previous email nothing has been confirmed or decided regards providing NHS workers with tickets for the Birmingham fixture.

"Should Ipswich Town Football Club decide to offer tickets, these would be supplied to the Local NHS management within Ipswich for them to distribute as they deem appropriate at their discretion. We would be unable to offer tickets beyond the Ipswich area, as this then encroaches on other football clubs and with 1.7 million employees in the NHS (circa 4,000 in the Ipswich area) this would also be unfeasible."

Good old ITFC, eh!

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:48 - Jul 19 with 7867 viewsITFC_Forever

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:39 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

Seems some of the old ways have yet to die, though. Got a response to an email to the ticket office as to whether a long-standing fan working in the NHS here in Norfolk could be considered for inclusion:

As my colleague mentioned in the previous email nothing has been confirmed or decided regards providing NHS workers with tickets for the Birmingham fixture.

"Should Ipswich Town Football Club decide to offer tickets, these would be supplied to the Local NHS management within Ipswich for them to distribute as they deem appropriate at their discretion. We would be unable to offer tickets beyond the Ipswich area, as this then encroaches on other football clubs and with 1.7 million employees in the NHS (circa 4,000 in the Ipswich area) this would also be unfeasible."

Good old ITFC, eh!

Surely you must know a colleague in the Ipswich area who could acquire the tickets for you?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:57 - Jul 19 with 7851 viewsuefacup81

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:48 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Surely you must know a colleague in the Ipswich area who could acquire the tickets for you?

It'll be worth a punt if they do go ahead with the offer, but I imagine a lot of it would depend on how many tickets each individual department gets. In the meantime I pinged the delightful Sarah a response, so let's see what happens (other than another copy/paste reply)...

"Hi Sarah

Thank you for replying to me so swiftly, even if it does seem like the kind of standard 'cut-and-paste' effort that the club seems to have become so fond of in recent months.

I would hope that the aim of any such offer would be to reward and thank Ipswich fans for their tireless and vital work in the NHS, rather than a cynical attempt to get 'bums on seats' and increase match day revenue. Therefore it disappoints me greatly that you seem to have taken a stance that seems to say:

"Sorry but you live too far away. Norwich City FC would be aggrieved if we offered a free ticket to an Ipswich fan in their area. Also, if we gave you a free ticket, the rest of the 1.4 million NHS employees (including, I imagine, those who have no interest in football, and those who support teams other than Ipswich) would want one too."

Alongside that, whilst I appreciate that there may be 4,000 NHS employees in the Ipswich area, I would be surprised if even 25% of those deemed eligible, by whatever convoluted rules you use, would take up such an offer, given that a large number will be working on the day, and a larger number take no interest in football.

As you will see from your database, I am a committed long term customer (I won't use the word 'fan' with you, as that seems to carry no weight these days) of ITFC and have spent a significant amount of money in recent years following the club when my shift pattern allows. As it stands, I would not have been attending the Birmingham match but for this offer, and your intransigence on this matter will only serve to ensure my non-attendance and will see what money I would have spent in and around the stadium spent elsewhere.

Just when it looked as if the club had rediscovered the positive relationship with the fans that existed prior to the debacle of recent years, it appears that long term customers who live slightly further away are deemed 'expendable' by the powers that be.

As I am sure you will appreciate, I am not asking that a blanket offer of free tickets be made to NHS employees outside the Ipswich area, merely that a lifelong supporter who lives in Norfolk be treated in the same way as the rest of his fellow supporters.

Surely that is not too much to ask?

Yours

Uefacup81"

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 11:06 - Jul 19 with 7828 viewsPhilTWTD

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 10:57 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

It'll be worth a punt if they do go ahead with the offer, but I imagine a lot of it would depend on how many tickets each individual department gets. In the meantime I pinged the delightful Sarah a response, so let's see what happens (other than another copy/paste reply)...

"Hi Sarah

Thank you for replying to me so swiftly, even if it does seem like the kind of standard 'cut-and-paste' effort that the club seems to have become so fond of in recent months.

I would hope that the aim of any such offer would be to reward and thank Ipswich fans for their tireless and vital work in the NHS, rather than a cynical attempt to get 'bums on seats' and increase match day revenue. Therefore it disappoints me greatly that you seem to have taken a stance that seems to say:

"Sorry but you live too far away. Norwich City FC would be aggrieved if we offered a free ticket to an Ipswich fan in their area. Also, if we gave you a free ticket, the rest of the 1.4 million NHS employees (including, I imagine, those who have no interest in football, and those who support teams other than Ipswich) would want one too."

Alongside that, whilst I appreciate that there may be 4,000 NHS employees in the Ipswich area, I would be surprised if even 25% of those deemed eligible, by whatever convoluted rules you use, would take up such an offer, given that a large number will be working on the day, and a larger number take no interest in football.

As you will see from your database, I am a committed long term customer (I won't use the word 'fan' with you, as that seems to carry no weight these days) of ITFC and have spent a significant amount of money in recent years following the club when my shift pattern allows. As it stands, I would not have been attending the Birmingham match but for this offer, and your intransigence on this matter will only serve to ensure my non-attendance and will see what money I would have spent in and around the stadium spent elsewhere.

Just when it looked as if the club had rediscovered the positive relationship with the fans that existed prior to the debacle of recent years, it appears that long term customers who live slightly further away are deemed 'expendable' by the powers that be.

As I am sure you will appreciate, I am not asking that a blanket offer of free tickets be made to NHS employees outside the Ipswich area, merely that a lifelong supporter who lives in Norfolk be treated in the same way as the rest of his fellow supporters.

Surely that is not too much to ask?

Yours

Uefacup81"

I think the plan is for a limited number of tickets to be offered to specifically Ipswich Hospital for one game rather than anything wider.
First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 7809 viewsuefacup81

First game of season Milne offering free tickets on 11:06 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

I think the plan is for a limited number of tickets to be offered to specifically Ipswich Hospital for one game rather than anything wider.

That sounds likely. Surely it would have been easier for the club to say that, than to say "we've not got space for all 1.4m of you, so pipe down"?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024