Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order 10:05 - Jul 19 with 2840 viewsitfcjoe

Really liked the format of 2x60 minute games - gave the chance to have a proper look at all the players. I'd expect to see a lot more games like this going forwards in pre season.

New signings
Celina - Looks very good on the ball, and was really impressed by how hard he was already working. Tracking runners and getting back to not shirk away from his defnesive duties - early days but could be a real good player

Garner - makes himself a nuisance and a better footballer than I expected. Doesn't win a lot of headers as a target man, but does enough that the defenders don't get a clean header on the ball and clear danger easily. Bit nippier than I expected too.

Iorfa - Massive. Just a huge bloke. Good defensively and reminds me of Mings in that he has such a long stride he can get himself out of trouble very easily. Will frustrate with the ball as can be very good and make an incisive pass and has good feet - or can just massively over hit a simple pass. Boom or bust.

Youngsters
Nydam - This kid is impressive, don't be surprised if he ends up playing a lot at LB, or LWB, this season. Central midfield is too crowded to break into at the moment and he's too good a player to not push on.

Downes - Did well enough, but expect him to drift away from the first team scene relatively quickly when season starts

Crowe - Didn't have much to do, but what he did he did well - some of his kicking a bit wayward though

C. Smith - A good defender who was relatively untroubled. Surprised he doesn't get more of a look in as a back up.

McKendry - Works hard and shows some flashes, but still at least a year off. Hopefully a good year in the U23s ahead

Morris - Worked really hard, but a little bit shot shy. Physically getting better but still a little way off

Patterson, Fowler, McLoughlin - Not on long enough to worry about

Other
New kit is as bad as it looks, just doesn't look like an ITFC side

Spence had a good dgame - him and Iorfa should compete well

Knudsen not a CB in a 442

Jack Marriott still as sharp and hungry for goals as ever - criminal he never had a chance here.

Sears looks sharp but to me shows he doesn't have the clinical-ness or instinct to be an out and out striker - much more suited to one of the 3 in a 4231

Bishop started brightly but faded badly, Skuse ended up doing more in an attacking sense.

Ward slowed the play down a little too much for my liking - needs a bit more dynamism at times.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 10:24 - Jul 19 with 2701 viewsStenvict

That last sentence...

So frustrating

Poll: What will be announced first?

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 10:34 - Jul 19 with 2659 viewsWickets

Interesting thanks.
Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 10:39 - Jul 19 with 2631 viewsSW6Tractor

Thanks for sharing Joe.

Disappointed about Bishop, hope he picks up again.

Out of interest, why does Patterson not seem to get much of a look in? Will he be U23-bound all season or on for another loan? Generally we don't seem to be great at developing strikers into first team players.
Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 10:44 - Jul 19 with 2601 viewsMaySixth

cheers joe

nydam sounds promising

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 11:24 - Jul 19 with 2473 viewsitfcjoe

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 10:39 - Jul 19 by SW6Tractor

Thanks for sharing Joe.

Disappointed about Bishop, hope he picks up again.

Out of interest, why does Patterson not seem to get much of a look in? Will he be U23-bound all season or on for another loan? Generally we don't seem to be great at developing strikers into first team players.

I don't think he played in Ireland so may still have been feeling his way back in.

I think problem with Patterson is that he just isn't that good, he's a decent all round player but doesn't excel in any area really - hopefully he can get a good loan sorted

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 12:16 - Jul 19 with 2350 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Joe, useful insight.

I'm hoping that Mick and his new players can change the style so that Garner is not having to win a lot of headers; he clearly isn't a target man who heads balls down to surrounding players, so would hope that we don't revert to that style!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 12:25 - Jul 19 with 2310 viewsJakeITFC

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 11:24 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

I don't think he played in Ireland so may still have been feeling his way back in.

I think problem with Patterson is that he just isn't that good, he's a decent all round player but doesn't excel in any area really - hopefully he can get a good loan sorted

Harsh on Bishop imo.
Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 13:04 - Jul 19 with 2181 viewschristiand

How did Rowe play? Really think this lad has something about him. Him and Celina on either flank for the first league game against Birmingham City?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 13:13 - Jul 19 with 2128 viewsitfcjoe

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 12:25 - Jul 19 by JakeITFC

Harsh on Bishop imo.

Just seemed so involved for first few mintues and then I reckon there was a 10-15 minute period where I forgot he was playing.

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 13:14 - Jul 19 with 2127 viewsitfcjoe

Quick thoughts on last night - in no particular order on 13:04 - Jul 19 by christiand

How did Rowe play? Really think this lad has something about him. Him and Celina on either flank for the first league game against Birmingham City?

Impressive - very neat and tidy, very good feet and doesn't look like he'll lose the ball. Direct with it and runs at people well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024