Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting line up first game of the season? 12:34 - Jul 19 with 6308 viewswrightsrightglove

----------------------------Bart
Spence-----Chambers-----Webster------Knudsen
Rowe------------Huws-------Adeyemi-------Celina
------------------------McGoldrick
---------------------------Garner

Looks fairly solid to me, although I expect Mick to play Skuse/ Hyam rather than one of the centre pair.

Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:36 - Jul 19 with 6262 viewsSteve_M

Possibly more of a 4-3-3, Skuse in for Rowe.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:36 - Jul 19 with 6265 viewsKieran_Knows

With the players we have at present, i'd say along the lines of;

Bart
Spence Chambers Webster Knudsen
Skuse Huws
Rowe McGoldrick Celina
Garner

Just Skuse in for Adeyemi, as no way (IMO) will Skuse be dropped. I think we may see a new winger come in before the season start, so whoever that might be, will possibly start ahead of Rowe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:44 - Jul 19 with 6182 viewsHeathlander

I think he will play Kenlock instead of Knudsen.
agree Skuse is a shoe in on 12:56 - Jul 19 with 6106 viewsGrief

Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:36 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

With the players we have at present, i'd say along the lines of;

Bart
Spence Chambers Webster Knudsen
Skuse Huws
Rowe McGoldrick Celina
Garner

Just Skuse in for Adeyemi, as no way (IMO) will Skuse be dropped. I think we may see a new winger come in before the season start, so whoever that might be, will possibly start ahead of Rowe.

MM loves him and builds his sides around him, expect another holding midfielder alongside him too.

MM likes to be hard to beat, the football will not improve, it will remain dull and defensive with the ball pumped long into the channels for hardworking forwards to chase down, those who expect anything else are going to be severely disappointed.
Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:59 - Jul 19 with 6076 viewsOsborneOneNil

Starting line up first game of the season? on 12:36 - Jul 19 by Steve_M

Possibly more of a 4-3-3, Skuse in for Rowe.

Let's hope not.
Starting line up first game of the season? on 13:01 - Jul 19 with 6061 viewsBluebell

With 5 games between the 5th and 19th of August I would guess Mick will have a chance to try all of the players out.

It will be an exciting start to the season!
Starting line up first game of the season? on 13:03 - Jul 19 with 6052 viewsWeWereZombies

Gerken
Spence Chambers Knudsen Kenlock
Rowe Huws Skuse Celina
McGoldrick Garner

Assumptions: It is looking like Webster and Adeyemi are not going to get much, if any, pre-season. Possibly Bart as well.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Starting line up first game of the season? on 19:20 - Jul 19 with 5815 viewsNazemariner

I'm glad that none of you guys are picking the team.

Skuse will be in there and rightly so. Grant Ward will also start, most likely in a three man midfield, and Tommy Smith must start as he's the only real ball winner we have at the back.

I can't see why so many people think Rowe is a starter.
Login to get fewer ads

Starting line up first game of the season? on 01:18 - Jul 20 with 5588 viewsCurrie10

Starting line up first game of the season? on 19:20 - Jul 19 by Nazemariner

I'm glad that none of you guys are picking the team.

Skuse will be in there and rightly so. Grant Ward will also start, most likely in a three man midfield, and Tommy Smith must start as he's the only real ball winner we have at the back.

I can't see why so many people think Rowe is a starter.

Rowe seems to be having a good pre season and Ward faded massively last year. Ward really needs to up it or I cannot see him playing a lot this term.

Regarding Smith, I'd happily cash in. Ball winner maybe but naive at times still ala Brentford away 15/16 first game. 2-0 up and all he had to do was wipe him out and take a yellow. Nope. They score.... and we know what happened next. Also lets the ball bounce far too often.
Starting line up first game of the season? on 15:38 - Jul 20 with 5351 viewsWickets

Starting line up first game of the season? on 13:01 - Jul 19 by Bluebell

With 5 games between the 5th and 19th of August I would guess Mick will have a chance to try all of the players out.

It will be an exciting start to the season!

Exciting blimey hope your right!
Starting line up first game of the season? on 15:49 - Jul 20 with 5317 viewschicoazul

Feels like Iorfa will play. Mick seems very happy to have got him. Also cant see Mick playing Kenlock and Cellina on the same flank, and I know for a fact Mick really likes Rowe and intends to start him.

Bart

Iorfa
Chambers
Webster
Knudsen

Rowe
Skuse
Huws
Cellina

McG
Garner

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Starting line up first game of the season? on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 5311 viewsCanadianBlue

-------------------------Bart----------------------
----------Spence ---Chambers---Smith
------------------------Skuse------------------
-------------------Huws---Bishop---------------
Ward--------------------------------------Celina
-----------------Garner - McGoldrick---------------------

Subs: Gerk, Webster, Knudsen, Adeyami, Downes, Rowe, Sears
Starting line up first game of the season? on 16:10 - Jul 20 with 5257 viewsMattinLondon

Personally I'd like to see Huws and Bishop start in the middle - but after having quite a bad 16/17 season Bishop will have to fight hard to regain a starting slot.

Skuse will just have to turn up with his boots and he will always start - which is a real shame.
Starting line up first game of the season? on 17:46 - Jul 20 with 5159 viewsWestcountryblue

----Iorfa -----Chambers---Webster-----Kenlock
-----------------Garner - McGoldrick------------------

Subs : Gerkin, Smith, Spence, Sears, Dozzell, Nydam, Rowe

Might be tempted to play a 3-5-2 with Adeyemi in the Skuse role.
Preferably i'd like to see Bish given a real go this season, as if he can replicate the form he showed prior to all the problems he had with his shins, he is a class apart from anything we already have. Skuse should only be introduced from the bench when we are looking to close out games. Adeyemi is more athletic, stronger and has a better engine...plus he gets goals. Would really like to see Downes, Nydam and Dozzell pushed through this season too ! Think that is the only way we are going to make any real progress in this league. Hyam and Bru need to be moved on, as we don't want them stunting the development of these players and they have had enough opportunities to prove themselves. Think we still need to splash the cash on someone like Jordan Hugill and bring in another winger perhaps on loan from a Prem club. We have reason to be optimistic though this season. We have a decent squad
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 17:49]
Starting line up first game of the season? on 17:51 - Jul 20 with 5148 viewsWestcountryblue

Starting line up first game of the season? on 16:10 - Jul 20 by MattinLondon

Personally I'd like to see Huws and Bishop start in the middle - but after having quite a bad 16/17 season Bishop will have to fight hard to regain a starting slot.

Skuse will just have to turn up with his boots and he will always start - which is a real shame.

He'd be a great option to bring off the bench when we are looking to close out a game. However Adeyemi is a box to box midfielder and is much more stronger, physical and athletic than Skuse. He also chips in with a decent number of goals.
Starting line up first game of the season? on 22:36 - Jul 20 with 4953 viewsCurrie10

Starting line up first game of the season? on 15:51 - Jul 20 by CanadianBlue

----------Spence ---Chambers---Smith
------------------------Skuse------------------
-----------------Garner - McGoldrick---------------------

Subs: Gerk, Webster, Knudsen, Adeyami, Downes, Rowe, Sears

No Dozzell? How will he possibly develop under you?!?!? Mick is RUINING him rar rar rar more drivel a good %%% of our fans say.

Truth be told, what do we do with Dozza this year!?
on 06:59 - Jul 21 with 4874 views_

Starting line up first game of the season? on 22:36 - Jul 20 by Currie10

No Dozzell? How will he possibly develop under you?!?!? Mick is RUINING him rar rar rar more drivel a good %%% of our fans say.

Truth be told, what do we do with Dozza this year!?

Starting line up first game of the season? on 09:12 - Jul 21 with 4824 viewsCurrie10

on 06:59 - Jul 21 by _

Ahhh but as " cover " he's not going to develop RAR RAR RAR as many would have us believe.

I'd love him to maybe start 12 or so, come on in more or have a Bishop 14/15 season but right now appears he's a little way off.

He needs to play a good amount this season - whether with us or out on loan. Not an easy decision for Mick what to do.
on 09:21 - Jul 21 with 4809 views_

Starting line up first game of the season? on 09:12 - Jul 21 by Currie10

Ahhh but as " cover " he's not going to develop RAR RAR RAR as many would have us believe.

I'd love him to maybe start 12 or so, come on in more or have a Bishop 14/15 season but right now appears he's a little way off.

He needs to play a good amount this season - whether with us or out on loan. Not an easy decision for Mick what to do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024