Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? 20:13 - Jul 20 with 11894 viewsDolly2.0

I used to go to clubs/bars wearing those flashing T-shirts you get from places like Cyberdog in Camden. There's like a plastic panel on the front that sticks on with Velcro and has a wire going to the battery pack in your pocket.

I thought they would pull the ladies (yes I bought more than one - £40 a time and this was several years ago).

All that happened was blokes* would come up to me saying "that's cool, I bet it pulls the ladies" and asking where I got it.

*other losers like me.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:40 - Jul 20 with 4760 viewsLord_Lucan

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:55 - Jul 20 by blustutu

When I was 11 I had a pair of pin stripe jeans I thought were the nuts. I wore them to a match and was walking behind churchmans with my dad, some lads were walking towards us and one of them shouts to his mates "look at that c unit's trousers".
They all p1ssed themselves laughing and I never wore the jeans again.
Some of you were probably in that group. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Pin stripe jeans? I've never owned a pair but they sound lush. I'd buy a pair tomorrow.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:47 - Jul 20 with 4743 viewsBLUEBEAT

I mentioned it in another thread recently but my scooterboy look in the late 80s was pretty grim...

splash-bleached Levis tucked into boxing boots usually with a Fred Perry or Trojan Records Tshirt 😄

Poll: W or W

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:50 - Jul 20 with 4739 viewsReuser_is_God

None really although I did have a Fred Perry shirt that resembled a table cloth.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:04 - Jul 20 with 4724 viewsvapour_trail

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:35 - Jul 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I once asked a football forum whether it was a good idea to wear an Ipswich coat to QPR away

That's fine as long as you don't accessorise with a fcking manbag rommers!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:08 - Jul 20 with 4719 viewsstantheman

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:30 - Jul 20 by Binner

We must be similar vintage, I had yellow loon pants, too - with flowers embroidered on them below the knees and splashpatches. Wore them with cheesecloth shirts; also had a black wet-look shirt and brightly coloured cord jeans with different coloured panel flares.

Yep, we were so hip it hurt.
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:31 - Jul 20 with 4697 viewsBinner

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:08 - Jul 20 by stantheman

Yep, we were so hip it hurt.

I was irresistible. Unfortunately nobody else realised it.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:33 - Jul 20 with 4697 viewsallezlesbleus

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:56 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

Not clothes but when I was on the exhibition circuit I once had a stand opposite a firm selling this powder make up stuff called Beauty Glow. Anyhoo, this girl on the stand convinced me that it wasn't noticeable but just gave you a refreshing look. Much to my wife's despair I wore it for a few months until my mate looked at me in the pub and said "Why do you wear make up".

I was just scrolling through this thread waiting until I got to Lord Lucan's response.......
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:36 - Jul 20 with 4695 viewsallezlesbleus

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:40 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

Pin stripe jeans? I've never owned a pair but they sound lush. I'd buy a pair tomorrow.

Quite worried now at picturing the sight of that.
Login to get fewer ads

on 23:37 - Jul 20 with 4695 views_

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:41 - Jul 20 with 4685 viewsstantheman

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:31 - Jul 20 by Binner

I was irresistible. Unfortunately nobody else realised it.

Together with my Brian Connolly haircut it's a amazing I wasn't a male model
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:51 - Jul 20 with 4666 viewsDolly2.0

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:47 - Jul 20 by BLUEBEAT

I mentioned it in another thread recently but my scooterboy look in the late 80s was pretty grim...

splash-bleached Levis tucked into boxing boots usually with a Fred Perry or Trojan Records Tshirt 😄

Were you a boxer?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:51 - Jul 20 with 4666 viewsjeera

I've always been a fashion guru.

In the 80s I was big on the check trousers and tailed shirts with patent leather shoes thing.

That and various suits galore.

Only types who took the piss were the sport clothes wearing types who didn't know how to dress themselves.

So no faux pas for me there.

The bleached hair however. ..

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:57 - Jul 20 with 4648 viewsbritbiker

I once had my hair permed in the early 80's I looked a total knob. But at least it was when all the footballers were doing it. I also wore cords the first time i met my (now) wife and they were really comfy.. She banned them and I should have known who would be wearing the trousers from thereafter.

In the late 70's I had one of those Japanese rising sun sleeveless t shirts and some stripy skin tight (and too small) lycra type trousers that the american glam rockers wore. Now I just wear shorts all year round as I still have zero fashion sense.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 0:11]
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:59 - Jul 20 with 4648 viewsLord_Lucan

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:51 - Jul 20 by jeera

I've always been a fashion guru.

In the 80s I was big on the check trousers and tailed shirts with patent leather shoes thing.

That and various suits galore.

Only types who took the piss were the sport clothes wearing types who didn't know how to dress themselves.

So no faux pas for me there.

The bleached hair however. ..

Woaah

"In the 80s I was big on the check trousers and tailed shirts with patent leather shoes thing" - You are describing my nemesis.

Sports wearing types? Do you mean proper casuals or lowlifes with Nike bottoms?

Kerroist Jeera

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 02:17 - Jul 21 with 4594 viewsjeera

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 23:59 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

Woaah

"In the 80s I was big on the check trousers and tailed shirts with patent leather shoes thing" - You are describing my nemesis.

Sports wearing types? Do you mean proper casuals or lowlifes with Nike bottoms?

Kerroist Jeera

Heh. Sorry mate.

Nothing personal.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 06:45 - Jul 21 with 4554 viewsCoastalblue

I used to wear legwarmers.

In my defence I was about 13 and it was the early 80's.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 07:59 - Jul 21 with 4531 viewsbritbiker

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 06:45 - Jul 21 by Coastalblue

I used to wear legwarmers.

In my defence I was about 13 and it was the early 80's.

That is pretty poor to be honest. However as a kid I lived in a village and we would regularly have 15 a side all day cricket and football games. One of the gang turned up in his sisters white and tartan Bay city rollers clothes, including the short bell bottom trousers, which he thought was trendy. He never did it again
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 09:59 - Jul 21 with 4486 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I fondly remember my Le Coq Sportif tracksuit that I had as a 12 year old.. Poppers all the way down the legs and remarkably poppers at the shoulders to remove the sleeves if you wish. (though not sure why you would)

A little older but had a horrendous green, brown & mustard striped t-shirt that I used to wear all the time, often adding a pair of braces and a tie when I went to gigs in order to look like a trendy indie kid, when the reality was more 'learning difficulties child, got dressed in the dark'
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 11:02 - Jul 21 with 4460 viewsLimitlessBlue

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:23 - Jul 20 by WD19

To numerous to mention.

- Olive cords.
- A mickey mouse T-shirt that I though was coolly ironic, but just made me look simple.
- An old John Motson sheepskin coat.....ditto.

ah yes, a Mickey Mouse t-shirt! - I had one of them, saw a friend of mine in a supermarket who was with his hot sister who was into the same music as me and introduced me as Mr Nine Inch Nails and bang there i was with Mickey on my t-shirt!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 11:16 - Jul 21 with 4449 viewsThrobbe

I regularly go out in public in lycra shorts with straps over my shoulders that look like some tragic homage to Freddie Mercury. In my defence I'm usually on a bycicle and moving fast enough that no-one has to see it for long.

Like this, only with a dadbod:

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360091771/Assos-T-cento_s7-Bib-Shorts

Mid-90's I got an old (this was before terms like retro, period, antique, pre-loved and so on were invented to jack up the price of second hand tat) ankle length brown leather coat off Camden market for £20. I thought I looked like some kind of cyberpunk-pimp badass. God knows what everyone else thought.

Most of my faux pas were hair related. Skinhead. Purple Mohawk. early-2000's ironic asymmetric mullet with blond highlights and a rats tail. All done. In hindsight, thank the lord I'm going bald.

Actually, I'm with an earlier poster. I don't care if I looked daft, I was too busy enjoying myself to worry what other people think.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 11:47]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024