Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Park Run 08:11 - Jul 21 with 2026 viewsitfcjoe

Any regulars - I am going to attempt my first one in Kesgrave tomorrow.

Was able to do first run in 3 weeks yesterday morning after bruising/breaking my ribs within 30 seconds of my first match in Man v Fat football....!

Signed up for the Twilight 10k in Ipswich and this 3 week gap has totally ballsed up my training plan and I'm going to be well short of distance by time I do it and just hope to get through it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Park Run on 08:32 - Jul 21 with 1990 viewsWD19

Tomorrow will be my 12th, plus one volunteering. Have done 3 different sites. Every course is different and across the 11 so far I have times ranging from 27:20 down to 23:26. Have found that a couple of sugary sweets before I start make a difference.
Park Run on 09:03 - Jul 21 with 1958 viewsitfcjoe

Park Run on 08:32 - Jul 21 by WD19

Tomorrow will be my 12th, plus one volunteering. Have done 3 different sites. Every course is different and across the 11 so far I have times ranging from 27:20 down to 23:26. Have found that a couple of sugary sweets before I start make a difference.

I'll just be trying to get round, hopefully just under half an hour but will see as it will be the furthest I've ever run...! Did 4.7km yesterday so should be ok

Park Run on 09:08 - Jul 21 with 1940 viewsusm

Like WD, tomorrow will be my 12th. Never ran before that since school and didnt think it would be "my thing", but am now addicted. First run I did in about 32 mins, now down to 28.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Park Run on 09:23 - Jul 21 with 1909 viewsITFC_Forever

Never done a park run and not particularly interested for a reason I can't really put my finger on.

But I regularly do 5k / 4 miles round the mean streets of Maidenhall / Belstead Rd / Cambridge Drive and have got my 5k down to a PB of 26.36, which I'm pretty pleased with for someone who was a 42 yr old complete couch potato a few months ago.

Joe, you'll be fine.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 09:25 - Jul 21 with 1902 views_

Park Run on 13:47 - Jul 21 with 1793 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Park Run on 08:32 - Jul 21 by WD19

Luckily for itfcjoe Kesgrave is a doddle, nice and flat. The Chantry Park one not so!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Park Run on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 1773 viewsfloridablue

Park Run on 13:47 - Jul 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Luckily for itfcjoe Kesgrave is a doddle, nice and flat. The Chantry Park one not so!

I'm with you on this. I sign up for at least one chip timed 5k event per month in different parts of Florida. Only started in my early 50s a few years back and its encouraged me to quit smoking. Fastest time has been 23.12 but last week was 24.52 but thats in Florida heat and high humidity on a flat course. Earlier this year an event was on the rolling hills and my time was over 27! Most of these are won by someone with a time around 17-18mins.
Park Run also hold free 5ks local to me run by a Brit so thinkng about signing up.
Park Run on 14:41 - Jul 21 with 1734 viewsitfcjoe

Park Run on 13:47 - Jul 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I went last week with my missus and she ran whilst I looked after little one and the bloke that won it did it in just over 14.30, and barely broke into a sweat!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024