Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 09:37 - Jul 21 with 10105 viewstitanicclown

What a player weve got in young Dozzer. Definitely one of England U19 best players in the Euros winning team.

To think a 16th place championship team may not use such an asset because of tactics concerns me.

I know theres games where Skuse will be needed but Dozzell has to play games now and if Mick refuses then it will be the final straw for me.

This lad is special and if developed properly could be worth 3 times the rest of the squad combined.

Dont balls this up Mick we dont want another Jordan Rhodes thanks.

Andre Dozzell on 11:05 - Jul 21 with 3178 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on 10:48 - Jul 21 by Herbivore

That's why you're not a manager. You need balance and a decent blend of youth and experience. If it was as easy as dropping Skuse, who reads the game as well as anyone at this level, for an unproven youngster and it having no noticeable impact on our performances I'm pretty sure that's what we'd be doing. Central midfield is a tough gig, you can't just throw a bunch of kids in there and hope for the best.

I was talking long term re Skuse, and I think that's the case.

I did say that I think only one of the three should be in the team, with 2 others on the bench.

Not grossly unbalanced really.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Andre Dozzell on 11:15 - Jul 21 with 3156 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell on 11:05 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was talking long term re Skuse, and I think that's the case.

I did say that I think only one of the three should be in the team, with 2 others on the bench.

Not grossly unbalanced really.

I'm not sure any of the youngsters are ready to be playing every week in midfield, especially when we have the likes of Huws and Adeyemi as well as Skuse. I don't think that's a bad thing though, it enables us to bed them in at a more steady pace.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 3147 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 10:30 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats a weak argument though, that doesnt take ability into account.

Look at Koeman, his job is to win games at a much more pressurised level that Micks, he is happy to play young players, both at Southampton and Everton.

Last season alone... Davies (18), Holgate (20), Lookman (19), Calvert Lewin (19).

Playing good young players doesnt equal losing games. Teddy Bishop came through as an 18 year old in the season we reached the play offs.

Yes its a risk, but rarely do you get any level of success without taking a calculated risk.

One of the main reasons Southampton wanted rid of Koeman was because he wasn't playing the youngsters - he was far from popular on the South Coast.

I don't disagree that Mick should do a bit more, but ultimately we are giving them games - but Dozzell really struggled in the majority of his appearances last year was Tom Davies at Everton looked great from his first appearance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 3147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on 11:15 - Jul 21 by Herbivore

I'm not sure any of the youngsters are ready to be playing every week in midfield, especially when we have the likes of Huws and Adeyemi as well as Skuse. I don't think that's a bad thing though, it enables us to bed them in at a more steady pace.

I think we generally agree. Thats why I stated that Bishop should be looking to re-establish himself in the first team, and Downes and Dozzell should be looking to get on the bench.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Andre Dozzell on 11:20 - Jul 21 with 3145 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on 11:18 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

One of the main reasons Southampton wanted rid of Koeman was because he wasn't playing the youngsters - he was far from popular on the South Coast.

I don't disagree that Mick should do a bit more, but ultimately we are giving them games - but Dozzell really struggled in the majority of his appearances last year was Tom Davies at Everton looked great from his first appearance

I dont recall Southampton wanting rid of Koeman, but sounds like you have more knowledge of that.

I think Koeman proved last year that he is willing to go with youth. That wasnt limited to Davies.

Andre Dozzell on 11:22 - Jul 21 with 3141 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst it's good Andre has been away at the Euro's winning a trophy for his club career that means he has missed pre season which is a key time for a youngster to make an impact.

I don't think he's quite ready to play in a deeper role for us, as evidenced by when it was tried last year, but it's important he makes regular, substantial (25 mins +) substitute appearances for us next season.

He needs the opportunity to make that Bristol City like impact more often, and try and win us, or get us back into games. And if he does that well then will be able to start more games and really kick on.

Andre Dozzell on 11:25 - Jul 21 with 3127 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 11:20 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I dont recall Southampton wanting rid of Koeman, but sounds like you have more knowledge of that.

I think Koeman proved last year that he is willing to go with youth. That wasnt limited to Davies.

Hopefully he continues to do so this year, but with the extra investment brings extra pressure and it might not be so easy.

They've continued to sign young English players, but worryingly someone like JonJoe Kenny who was great for England and looked a natural replacement for the injured Seamus Coleman has been usurped in the pecking order by an expensive foreign recruit.

Andre Dozzell on 11:26 - Jul 21 with 3124 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on 11:25 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

Hopefully he continues to do so this year, but with the extra investment brings extra pressure and it might not be so easy.

They've continued to sign young English players, but worryingly someone like JonJoe Kenny who was great for England and looked a natural replacement for the injured Seamus Coleman has been usurped in the pecking order by an expensive foreign recruit.

Fair point, will be interesting to see how their season pans out.

I'd like to see Rooney do well.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 11:45 - Jul 21 with 3101 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 11:26 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fair point, will be interesting to see how their season pans out.

I'd like to see Rooney do well.

I would too, but I don't see it personally judging from how he's played recently and the pace at Everton were playing with when at their best.

Andre Dozzell on 14:02 - Jul 21 with 3039 viewstitanicclown

Andre Dozzell on 10:05 - Jul 21 by BOjK

"To think a 16th place championship team may not use such an asset because of tactics concerns me. "

We have a saying at work: "because of reasons".

It is basically used when communicating cross-function between teams of different skills to mean "We have perfectly good reasons not to do this thing. They are quite complicated and technical and I know you can't understand them at the moment, but that's just because of the skill-set you have and you haven't looked at this thing in the detail we have. I could explain the reasons to you, and you'd be able to understand them and then would agree with us, but we've got quite a lot to get through in this meeting so can you just take this on trust?".

It all works well if both sides trust each other.

Your use of " because of tactics" reminded me of that. But you are trying to shrink the considered opinion of an experienced and largely successful manager into a single word to try and hide the fact that he probably has a very valid set of arguments that you aren't prepared to address, rather than to speed a meeting along.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 10:18]

Very articulately put but its often people without the inside knowledge who ask the most valid questions.

I could have explained "tactics" in much greater detail but does any ITFC fan really need a breakdown of our managers tactics - i dont think so.
I hope at work you also have sayings that encourage expression, questioning and challenging.
Andre Dozzell on 14:28 - Jul 21 with 3020 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell on 14:02 - Jul 21 by titanicclown

Very articulately put but its often people without the inside knowledge who ask the most valid questions.

I could have explained "tactics" in much greater detail but does any ITFC fan really need a breakdown of our managers tactics - i dont think so.
I hope at work you also have sayings that encourage expression, questioning and challenging.

Give us a breakdown of how you see the manager's tactics and in what ways they are inhibiting the development of our youngsters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 16:04 - Jul 21 with 2987 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

The possibilities this season for youngsters to come through seem really high, especially in midfield.

Dozzell stronger and surely positive after his summer, Bishop properly fit (we hope), Downes openly rated by MM, Nydam talked-up by Dyer.

Hopefully they can be used often as subs in the first 10+ games and we'll see who comes through.
Huws and Skuse seem the only definite MF starters at the moment with other places up for grabs, and Skuse could come under pressure if Downes is truly as good as the reports coming out suggest he is.
Andre Dozzell on 18:07 - Jul 21 with 2949 viewsbraveblue

Andre Dozzell on 10:00 - Jul 21 by Wickets

I do agree we do need to see these younger players progress but at the same time we all want to watch a winning side, so Mick must and will play our best players. Tricky one for Mick.

But it doesn't work with Skuse sitting watching the game. And sometimes we had two watching.
Andre Dozzell on 18:59 - Jul 21 with 2929 viewsOsborneOneNil

Andre Dozzell on 18:07 - Jul 21 by braveblue

But it doesn't work with Skuse sitting watching the game. And sometimes we had two watching.

Exactly right.
Andre Dozzell on 19:04 - Jul 21 with 2921 viewsLankHenners

Andre Dozzell on 18:07 - Jul 21 by braveblue

Skuse has faults, but implying we don't win when he's in the side is a whole new level of barmy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Andre Dozzell on 06:44 - Jul 22 with 2839 viewsdalianwasexciting

Andre Dozzell on 10:29 - Jul 21 by dirtyboy

Has to be though doesn't it?

Playing all the youngsters will undoubtedly aid them, but will they be as competitive? Immediately no, long term yes. Danger of that immediate timeline is that we could quickly end up in a situation that's very difficult to get out of.

Are you suggesting we were competitive last season? If you mean competing to stay up then agreed,,

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024