Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The unanimous boo boy of choice 10:30 - Jul 21 with 29509 viewsBluefish

Is definitely Skuse then. How long can he keep the title for before the flakes find a new target?? I reckon October and then it will move to Mcgoldrick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 17:21 - Jul 21 with 5921 viewsNo9

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 15:45 - Jul 21 by jaykay

yep they were queuing up to sign him from bristol city.

Toung in cheek?
At the time many supporters were happy to see him gao and laid much of the blame for their demise at his feet?
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 5913 viewsClausThomsen

Without the "flakes" to position yourself above, you'd quickly evaporate.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 18:04 - Jul 21 with 5902 viewsbraveblue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:40 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

He probably should. If the midfield has enough creative talent and we now have lots in the squad he provides the perfect balance.

The bloke reads the game superbly.

I don't care if he doesnt score a single goal or get an assist ever again he can still be our best player.

Many of the greatest teams ever did so with a similar sort of player at the expense of a quality flair player

Please tell me who these players were. Middle of midfield , one goal in over 150 games, very few assist. Please advise. Our best run last season was when he was out.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 18:38 - Jul 21 with 5881 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 18:04 - Jul 21 by braveblue

Please tell me who these players were. Middle of midfield , one goal in over 150 games, very few assist. Please advise. Our best run last season was when he was out.

Can you back that final statement up please? Thanks.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 18:46 - Jul 21 with 5876 viewsWickets

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:30 - Jul 21 by solemio

Quite right. Mills and Burley spent most of their time being booed.

Both internationals and Mills was England Captain ans some fans thought they where not good enough for Town, nothing changes.
on 20:10 - Jul 21 with 5848 views_

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 18:04 - Jul 21 by braveblue

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 22:07 - Jul 21 with 5830 viewsjaykay

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 17:21 - Jul 21 by No9

Toung in cheek?
At the time many supporters were happy to see him gao and laid much of the blame for their demise at his feet?

very much so

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 22:07 - Jul 21 with 5830 viewsitfcbam

To me always beggars belief. Why do we always have to have a boo boy? Can understand people frustrated with a player(s) but booing / jearing them during a game, which often happens at home is hardly supporting them is it? Not going to encourage them and make them play better at the time is it, or benefit the team? Then we wonder why they make a mistake, or form dips. Not exactly rocket science.
How do you perform at work when people around you wait for a slight mistake then hammer you, or constantly tell you your cr@p?
Login to get fewer ads

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 5811 viewsmadmouse1959

I just can,t see how he gets in the team and what he actually contributes in the oppositions half. Just another player who plods about in front of the back 4 passing the ball usually sideways. We have had too many players like this at Ipswich.

shampoo dave

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 23:44 - Jul 21 with 5792 viewsOsborneOneNil

on 20:10 - Jul 21 by _

Makelele v Skuse ?
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 06:39 - Jul 22 with 5727 viewsBenters

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 22:56 - Jul 21 by madmouse1959

I just can,t see how he gets in the team and what he actually contributes in the oppositions half. Just another player who plods about in front of the back 4 passing the ball usually sideways. We have had too many players like this at Ipswich.

That has been my biggest gripe with town,Skuse gets the ball he either passes it sideways like you said,or back,it then gets hoofed forward.

We just seem to lack pace and a bit of urgency to actually go forward.

Still the new season awaits us and we will see a fantastic passing style of footie.

Fingers crossed.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 09:28 - Jul 22 with 5705 viewsBluefish

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 23:44 - Jul 21 by OsborneOneNil

Makelele v Skuse ?

Sadly makelele is not available for a transfer to the championship. We should try for Kante or deschamps or dunga

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 5682 viewstextbackup

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:46 - Jul 21 by LankHenners

The 'Skuse is a bad player' brigade are so vocal and froth at the mouth so much that every time someone counters it with 'I personally think he plays a very important role, but accept that he's been under par over the last season' you fly off the handle and lash out like a banshee having a fit and get all upset.

The thing is he isn't a bad player, and last season was just his normal self, just had nothing happening around him which in turn made him look bad.

Anyone with half a brain can see that skuse alongside 3 forward thinking midfielders will work very well.

I think that probably just about sums it up, doesn't it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:27 - Jul 22 with 5680 viewstextbackup

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:38 - Jul 21 by SW6Tractor

He was exceptional against Newcastle at home - shackles off. He played more like Shelvey than Shelvey did that day.

Please tell me you didn't just put those two players in the same sentence?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 5674 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:20 - Jul 22 by textbackup

The thing is he isn't a bad player, and last season was just his normal self, just had nothing happening around him which in turn made him look bad.

Anyone with half a brain can see that skuse alongside 3 forward thinking midfielders will work very well.

1 or more progressive midfielders next to him and no-one would be complaining about him. Thing is Mick hasn't got the balance of the midfield right since he's been here, barring a spell in 2014/15 when Bishop was on form.

Last season I put him in the same bracket as Berra - was solid enough but was clearly performing below his previous standards. Hopefully Huws and Adeyemi (plus Bishop/Dozzell if they kick on) will help this season in that regard.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:36 - Jul 22 with 5666 viewsBluefish

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:20 - Jul 22 by textbackup

This is spot on

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:37 - Jul 22 with 5663 viewstextbackup

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:30 - Jul 22 by LankHenners

1 or more progressive midfielders next to him and no-one would be complaining about him. Thing is Mick hasn't got the balance of the midfield right since he's been here, barring a spell in 2014/15 when Bishop was on form.

Last season I put him in the same bracket as Berra - was solid enough but was clearly performing below his previous standards. Hopefully Huws and Adeyemi (plus Bishop/Dozzell if they kick on) will help this season in that regard.

Yep agree, which in turn is one of my many issues with MM, but this isn't the tread for that!

Although he was definitely better than Berra last season, those 5/6 games on the bounce where he gave goals away, he looked a lost man

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:39 - Jul 22 with 5657 viewsDanTheMan

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 15:45 - Jul 21 by jaykay

yep they were queuing up to sign him from bristol city.

I know you're taking the piss but this is something I'm 100% on. I know other clubs were interested and at least the scouts rated him well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 5648 viewstextbackup

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:39 - Jul 22 by DanTheMan

I know you're taking the piss but this is something I'm 100% on. I know other clubs were interested and at least the scouts rated him well.

Those scouts would have been from clubs with quality midfielders for him to play alongside I'd guess. Imagine watching last seasons ipswich with skuse and Douglas, as a professional scout. You'd walk away hating the game

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 5646 viewsDanTheMan

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:43 - Jul 22 by textbackup

Those scouts would have been from clubs with quality midfielders for him to play alongside I'd guess. Imagine watching last seasons ipswich with skuse and Douglas, as a professional scout. You'd walk away hating the game

No doubt, our balance was completely wrong in midfield.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:47 - Jul 22 with 5640 viewspointofblue

I'd argue Knudsen and Hyam are boo boy targets ahead of Skuse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 5640 viewsBluefish

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:43 - Jul 22 by textbackup

He didn't deserve the hatred but Douglas really was truly awful for most of his time here. I think skuse is now being tarnished by the association. He also suffers in the same way Walters did at times by showing for the ball more so being held more accountable.

We all want a team with Andre pulling the strings but at the moment he needs to work hard to be better than skuse. So long as we never see skuse and hyam next season is guaranteed to be better than last

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:55 - Jul 22 with 5625 viewstextbackup

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:48 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

He didn't deserve the hatred but Douglas really was truly awful for most of his time here. I think skuse is now being tarnished by the association. He also suffers in the same way Walters did at times by showing for the ball more so being held more accountable.

We all want a team with Andre pulling the strings but at the moment he needs to work hard to be better than skuse. So long as we never see skuse and hyam next season is guaranteed to be better than last

And that is the exact pairing I am expecting to see on more than one occasion, in home games!! I think I'll cry if it happens

Agree on Douglas, he didn't deserve the abuse, and I honestly believe 97% of it was aimed at MM for being the man to put them together, or playing him.

I didn't see much, if any, of Walters as it fell during my ban. So can't comment on him

Back to original post tho, This season the player that will get stuck will be Knudsen, if he's played over Kenlock, but again I believe that will mainly be aimed at MM

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:03 - Jul 22 with 5619 viewsBluefish

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:55 - Jul 22 by textbackup

And that is the exact pairing I am expecting to see on more than one occasion, in home games!! I think I'll cry if it happens

Agree on Douglas, he didn't deserve the abuse, and I honestly believe 97% of it was aimed at MM for being the man to put them together, or playing him.

I didn't see much, if any, of Walters as it fell during my ban. So can't comment on him

Back to original post tho, This season the player that will get stuck will be Knudsen, if he's played over Kenlock, but again I believe that will mainly be aimed at MM

With the players currently available it would be bizarre to see skyam (is that a thing yet?) Starting games but you could do for the last 20 mins when leading possibly. Even I would would want Mick out if we are as negative bit the signings tell me we won't be. The big problem I believe is Mick didn't want to replace bishop but his injuries and loss of form left us desperate for cheap fixes.

We have signed the right players to get us playing and we have let Berra go as well.

I can see Knudsen getting the nod to add steal to the team and he is not as bad as made out. He is not as good as kenlock but kenlock also went missing is various games last season. We have genuine options is all positions....aprt from gk

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:05 - Jul 22 with 5617 viewspointofblue

I have to wonder if Hyam and Douglas became targets because they were paired with Skuse more than anything else. If they'd been in the middle with Bru or Ward the vitriol wouldn't have nearly been as bad. Douglas was a midfielder we were crying out for in his Brentford days but that had left him by the time he came here. Hyam's always been vying with Skuse for the defensive midfielder spot and injuries have really held him back - he doesn't have the experience someone his age should because of them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024