Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? 10:59 - Jul 21 with 9825 viewsbaxterbasics

He's getting some Twitter love from some unlikely sources for the below, might appeal to Callis and his sort:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/21/michael-gove-farmers-must-prove

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/animal-cruelty-needs-tougher-laws-says-michae

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:22 - Jul 21 with 3383 viewsBlueBadger

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:12 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Teachers have never been good advocates for their own profession.

She should give it a go and make her own judgement.

The view from various friends is that classroom stuff is mostly what keeps them in the job despite an ever-increasing amount of management horsesh*t, diktats from ministers who don't believ in listening to evidence, facts or experts and an endless parade of ministers and ignorant newspapers nwilling or unable to listen to concerns, emphasise or do anything other than throw out ill-informed criticisms.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:22 - Jul 21 with 3384 viewsflimflam

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:10 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

Yes, but his colleagues are the tory front bench. Respect from a bunch of thickos, sociopaths and incompetents isn't really of much value.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:15]

I think you need to read your post back again

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:24 - Jul 21 with 3379 viewsBlueBadger

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:22 - Jul 21 by flimflam

I think you need to read your post back again

Did I mispell something?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:33 - Jul 21 with 3366 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:22 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

The view from various friends is that classroom stuff is mostly what keeps them in the job despite an ever-increasing amount of management horsesh*t, diktats from ministers who don't believ in listening to evidence, facts or experts and an endless parade of ministers and ignorant newspapers nwilling or unable to listen to concerns, emphasise or do anything other than throw out ill-informed criticisms.

Teachers have always moaned about that stuff.

Very rare you meet a teacher that doesn't moan.

Why they are surprised that admin, prep etc goes with the job I really dont know.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:02 - Jul 21 with 3346 viewsfactual_blue

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:24 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

Did I mispell something?

Nothing of any valu.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:07 - Jul 21 with 3337 viewsNo9

Murdoch's plant
Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 3337 viewsThrobbe

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 13:11 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Education has been on the decline for the past two decades, its nothing new.

teachers have complained about the 'stress' and 'workload' for a very long time.

Except it hasn't. Studies typically show that there has a been a slow but steady improvement, but that's in the context of other countries improving at a greater rate.

I'd argue that this is partly a result of education being pulled in multiple directions by ideologically driven ministers (of all parties) over the decades.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:14 - Jul 21 with 3320 viewsblue_oyster

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:08 - Jul 21 by Throbbe

Except it hasn't. Studies typically show that there has a been a slow but steady improvement, but that's in the context of other countries improving at a greater rate.

I'd argue that this is partly a result of education being pulled in multiple directions by ideologically driven ministers (of all parties) over the decades.

You can get a study to show whatever you like. Any employer will tell you that the number of people leaving school & university to apply for their jobs see a higher number of clueless twerps every year. We even have to advertise for 10,000 foreign GPs now as we cannot even train our own population.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:18 - Jul 21 with 3313 viewsThrobbe

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:14 - Jul 21 by blue_oyster

You can get a study to show whatever you like. Any employer will tell you that the number of people leaving school & university to apply for their jobs see a higher number of clueless twerps every year. We even have to advertise for 10,000 foreign GPs now as we cannot even train our own population.

Sorry, I keep forgetting that we've had enough of experts and prefer to make stuff up based on anecdotal evidence. As you were.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:29 - Jul 21 with 3309 viewsNo9

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 11:30 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

Gove got a lot of praise during his time as Justice Secretary when he carried out prison reform.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/09/michael-gove-reformer-libe

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/17/gove-praised-by-penal-reform-gro

& left the prisons in a pretty bad state OR, is that ALL the fault of Ms Truss?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/09/drugs-mobile-phones-found-in-uk-
Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:51 - Jul 21 with 3298 viewsblue_oyster

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:18 - Jul 21 by Throbbe

Sorry, I keep forgetting that we've had enough of experts and prefer to make stuff up based on anecdotal evidence. As you were.

Indeed, ignore the people in the real world, and hire your own 'experts' to give you the answer that suits you.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 18:42 - Jul 21 with 3266 viewsjimmyvet

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 14:14 - Jul 21 by blue_oyster

What a load of tosh and how patronising to todays youth. The youngsters I have taken on and employed from 18 upwards in past 5 years have been intelligent, hard working reliable and very very keen to learn and make a career for themselves. Now I do understand the left can't bear the thought of kids having opportunities and trying to make a decent life for themselves without state interference but to call todays youth clueless twerps is absolutely shameful and I suspect applies much more to yourself than them.
Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:12 - Jul 21 with 3246 viewsSwansea_Blue

What's his game? This seems very un-Govesque. "Race to the bottom" has been his forte in his other roles.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:15 - Jul 21 with 3236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nobody in the actual article appears to be too impressed.......Callis and his "sort" ?....are you a Glasgowblue "sort" ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:17 - Jul 21 with 3233 viewsDesmond

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:15 - Jul 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nobody in the actual article appears to be too impressed.......Callis and his "sort" ?....are you a Glasgowblue "sort" ?

You have a thing for our Glaswegian friend don't you brother?
Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:19 - Jul 21 with 3231 viewsvapour_trail

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 12:01 - Jul 21 by Mullet

There's no focus on excellence, there's a focus on volume and by virtue of this alienating vast swathes of school kids dressed up as a pursuit of excellence. His attitude reeks of "I went to a grammar school so we'll do what they did as I turned out all right" type nonsense.

The two new specs I'm wrestling with this summer are hatchet jobs, and it's not entirely the exam board's fault by and large. There has been a systematic removal of courses and qualifications for kids who can't access a lot of this material, whether that's down to SEN or EAL issues or simple life chances and exposure. All at a time when exam boards have been laying off huge amounts of staff and getting in temps who neither care or have the knowledge necessary to do what's required on the day to day front line stuff (sounds familiar right?)

The whole point of GCSE's should be a general preparation, especially for those going to A-Level, but also those who aren't. Instead they've just picked the carcasses off A-Level specs and rammed it into the new GCSE's in a hotchpotch fashion.

There has been some temperance but largely schools, teachers and leadership across a range of institutions are yet to find out what these new grades mean, what they look like and if they will be doctored this summer for propaganda purposes. There's an impossible task in trying to find equivalence an information is both slow to come forth and then changed, or left to muddle with rumours and guesses.

I've even emailed exam boards directly and been given patently wrong and contradictory information, wasting my work, causing unnecessary stress and all manner of issues. I'm one of hundreds if not thousands.

While I take your IT comment on board, as a subject my colleagues are struggling to see how they can cater for kids like ours because as with elsewhere, they feel the content is too advanced, unsuitable, boring etc. I can only assume he's seen a walnut and reached for his sledgehammer when you look at the picture across all the meetings I've been both internally and externally.

Make no mistake, he's fcuked it right up. We're just waiting to see how badly.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 12:17]

You're secondary are you mullet? My wife is involved in governance at a primary, and it's a woeful tale. The finances are literally forcing choices between heating classes and buying books.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:23 - Jul 21 with 3223 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove got a lot of praise during his time as Justice Secretary when he carried out prison reform.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/09/michael-gove-reformer-libe

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/17/gove-praised-by-penal-reform-gro

To be fair to Gove he did show some potential there (much as it annoys me to admit it as I think he's a weasel), although that wasn't too difficult after Grayling who was a complete and utter disaster.

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:24 - Jul 21 with 3223 viewsLord_Lucan

I saw a thing the other night about the Tory leadership battle and now I just want to set Gove on fire.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 20:09 - Jul 21 with 3196 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:17 - Jul 21 by Desmond

You have a thing for our Glaswegian friend don't you brother?

He's certainly got a bit of a thing for me......love, hate !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 21:11 - Jul 21 with 3175 viewsMullet

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 19:19 - Jul 21 by vapour_trail

You're secondary are you mullet? My wife is involved in governance at a primary, and it's a woeful tale. The finances are literally forcing choices between heating classes and buying books.

Yes mate. I'm in an academy and have to admit when I first came into the profession I was against academies but have to say they've been a godsend.

The area I work in is so deprived without chucking so much money at it the generation of kids would be another lost to unemployment, benefits and further deprivation etc.

Snr and Mother have just been explaining the situation at my nephew's primary and it scares me. Where I am we've found a higher % of kids coming to high school still nowhere near ready for it in every possible way. You have to wonder why that is.

Those disagreeing with me would make me very happy to explain their reasoning.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 21:19 - Jul 21 with 3171 viewsSwansea_Blue

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 21:11 - Jul 21 by Mullet

Yes mate. I'm in an academy and have to admit when I first came into the profession I was against academies but have to say they've been a godsend.

The area I work in is so deprived without chucking so much money at it the generation of kids would be another lost to unemployment, benefits and further deprivation etc.

Snr and Mother have just been explaining the situation at my nephew's primary and it scares me. Where I am we've found a higher % of kids coming to high school still nowhere near ready for it in every possible way. You have to wonder why that is.

Those disagreeing with me would make me very happy to explain their reasoning.

A friend I was at college with would disagree; she walked out of an academy to take up a same-grade deputy headship at a 'normal' school. Said the academy was a disaster for teaching quality and staff moral

No experience myself, but it sounds like they are extremely variable in quality. The extra independence is one thing, but if that's put into the hand of a crap board then it will end in tears (as would schools under a poor council).

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 21:23 - Jul 21 with 3161 viewsMullet

Michael Gove starting to impress a few people? on 21:19 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

A friend I was at college with would disagree; she walked out of an academy to take up a same-grade deputy headship at a 'normal' school. Said the academy was a disaster for teaching quality and staff moral

No experience myself, but it sounds like they are extremely variable in quality. The extra independence is one thing, but if that's put into the hand of a crap board then it will end in tears (as would schools under a poor council).

I see that, and there are some shockers out there but I think that's down to the people involved not the principle, which was my original contention.

Don't think any institution is immune from that unfortunately.

However there is no private gain in the academy trust I work for which is possibly the crucial difference.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024