Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums 11:35 - Jul 21 with 9250 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course it’s ITV’s fault for asking the question

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:43 - Jul 21 with 5859 viewsblue_oyster

Be fair. Virtue signalling is very tiring work.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:45 - Jul 21 with 5848 viewsThePitBoss

Blood sugar levels were obviously low. LEAVE DIANE ALONE.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:49 - Jul 21 with 5823 viewsitfcjoe

She's an utter embarrassment.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:08 - Jul 21 with 5776 viewsSuperfrans

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:49 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

She's an utter embarrassment.

Apparently an excellent constituency MP, just not cut out for the pressures of front bench politics. Sadly.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:10 - Jul 21 with 5763 viewsBlueNomad

The only sum Tories use for the majority of the population is Minus
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:13 - Jul 21 with 5756 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:08 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

Apparently an excellent constituency MP, just not cut out for the pressures of front bench politics. Sadly.

It's not just a case of not being cut out for front bench politics. The issue of how Labour would pay for its policy of 10,000 extra police officers has been a topic of conversation for the past three months and she still can't get it right.

Iron Lion Zion

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:17 - Jul 21 with 5735 views26_Paz

To be fair to Corbyn (and I despise the man) he's done a fantastic job in turning around Labour's fortunes recently; however I just don't see how they can be considered 'electable' when their proposition is that a woman who can't recall key facts and figures should be home secretary. You'd have thought that after getting humiliated on police funding once the figures would be etched on her brain.

The Paz Man

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:20 - Jul 21 with 5724 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, like in many jobs she has been promoted to a position of incompetence and it means they look bad and can no longer step down to 'just' do a job they can do well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:20 - Jul 21 with 5721 viewsIllinoisblue

I kind of like her. In these days of scripted, rehearsed, coached pols it's refreshing to have one that's winging it and who clearly has no idea what she's talking about.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:29 - Jul 21 with 5662 viewslowhouseblue

may and the tories only need to be marginally more incompetent and abbott will be home secretary. now that's a very scarey thought.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:29 - Jul 21 with 5662 viewsSuperfrans

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:17 - Jul 21 by 26_Paz

To be fair to Corbyn (and I despise the man) he's done a fantastic job in turning around Labour's fortunes recently; however I just don't see how they can be considered 'electable' when their proposition is that a woman who can't recall key facts and figures should be home secretary. You'd have thought that after getting humiliated on police funding once the figures would be etched on her brain.

Not sure it's as simple as that. She clearly isn't capable of handling the pressure of a front-line job. Getting humilated once won't automatically make you capable of instant recall on numbers - if anything, it can worsen the situation, increase the stress you feel, make you even more incapable. It's a cycle and will get worse and worse.

As I say, I don't think she's able to handle the pressure and, yes, I'd take her out of the firing line if I was Corbyn.

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:30 - Jul 21 with 5652 viewsSuperfrans

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:20 - Jul 21 by Illinoisblue

I kind of like her. In these days of scripted, rehearsed, coached pols it's refreshing to have one that's winging it and who clearly has no idea what she's talking about.

Ha!

You are Michael Gove and I claim my £10!

;-)

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:30 - Jul 21 with 5648 viewsBluefish

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:30 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

Ha!

You are Michael Gove and I claim my £10!

;-)

Inflation is rising rapidly

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:31 - Jul 21 with 5643 viewsnrb1985

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:17 - Jul 21 by 26_Paz

Think the Tories have done as much to turn around Labour's fortunes as Corbyn has.

Although he completely outfoxed her in the election - making huge promises to all and sundry that he knew he would never have to deliver on.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:31 - Jul 21 with 5638 viewsBluefish

The gift that keeps giving. She should be celebrated for helping to keep the Corbyn PR machine out of power.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:33 - Jul 21 with 5629 views26_Paz

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:29 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

Not sure it's as simple as that. She clearly isn't capable of handling the pressure of a front-line job. Getting humilated once won't automatically make you capable of instant recall on numbers - if anything, it can worsen the situation, increase the stress you feel, make you even more incapable. It's a cycle and will get worse and worse.

As I say, I don't think she's able to handle the pressure and, yes, I'd take her out of the firing line if I was Corbyn.

He had a great opportunity to do just that but brought her back. I really didn't understand that.

The Paz Man

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:44 - Jul 21 with 5595 viewsBlueBadger

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:20 - Jul 21 by Illinoisblue

We have the entire cabinet for that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:49 - Jul 21 with 5570 viewsRyorry

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:44 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

We have the entire cabinet for that.

I have to take issue with you on that, it's not 100% accurate or fair.

Some of them do, but they just lie instead.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:50 - Jul 21 with 5555 viewshammo56

Perhaps she did the counting of how many seats labour won at the election and that is the reason why they are under the impression they actually won.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:55 - Jul 21 with 5534 viewsGunnsAirkick

She is an utter liability, unlike say Emily Thornberry (who I am not the biggest fan of) she doesn't have the sharpness to move on the interview in a situation like this. Instead she just bumbles through it and makes herself look like a moron.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:57 - Jul 21 with 5524 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:55 - Jul 21 by GunnsAirkick

She is an utter liability, unlike say Emily Thornberry (who I am not the biggest fan of) she doesn't have the sharpness to move on the interview in a situation like this. Instead she just bumbles through it and makes herself look like a moron.

I cannot abide the snobbery of Thornberry but she is a top performer who can think on her feet. She is far better at PMQ's than Corbyn because she can deviate from the script and put her opponent under pressure.

Iron Lion Zion

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:21 - Jul 21 with 5415 viewsNo9

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:57 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

I cannot abide the snobbery of Thornberry but she is a top performer who can think on her feet. She is far better at PMQ's than Corbyn because she can deviate from the script and put her opponent under pressure.

But the business of government is not done in the childish punch and judy show
That is why, as we can all see, Mr Davis is grossly incompetent
accordingly by his standards the labour woman isn't that bad
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:26 - Jul 21 with 5405 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:21 - Jul 21 by No9

But the business of government is not done in the childish punch and judy show
That is why, as we can all see, Mr Davis is grossly incompetent
accordingly by his standards the labour woman isn't that bad

The logical conclusion of your post is that Diane would be a better brexit negotiator than Davis.

I think that probably shows how silly your post is.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:30 - Jul 21 with 5375 viewsNo9

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:26 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

The logical conclusion of your post is that Diane would be a better brexit negotiator than Davis.

I think that probably shows how silly your post is.

SB

Not really just that Mr Davis is extremely bad.
I can't give you my views of Ms Abbott
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:32 - Jul 21 with 5363 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:30 - Jul 21 by No9

Not really just that Mr Davis is extremely bad.
I can't give you my views of Ms Abbott

Then I don't understand your original post at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024