Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums 11:35 - Jul 21 with 9234 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course it’s ITV’s fault for asking the question

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:48 - Jul 21 with 3341 viewsNo9

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:32 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

Then I don't understand your original post at all.

SB

The business of government is not done in the Punch & Judy show.

Ms Abbott got one of the largest majorities in the last G.E. which suggest she is doing the right thing for some people?

Mr Davis is doing nothing other than costing us a small fortune every day.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:53 - Jul 21 with 3333 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:48 - Jul 21 by No9

Ms Abbott got one of the largest majorities in the last G.E. which suggest she is doing the right thing for some people?

Theresa May and Jeremy Hunt have two of the biggest majorities in terms of votes. Are you suggesting they are "doing the right thing"

You could pin a red rosette to a a pig's bladder on a stick in Hackney and they would get a massive majority.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:54 - Jul 21 with 3332 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:48 - Jul 21 by No9

David Davis has increased his majority in the last 3 elections so doesn't that make your entire point void if we are going on GE success?

I don't even like David Davis but you switched this from Diane Abbot for some bizarre reason without really anything to back it up.

I've never seen Abbott over my side of her constituency.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 17:38 - Jul 21 with 3287 viewsNo9

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:54 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

David Davis has increased his majority in the last 3 elections so doesn't that make your entire point void if we are going on GE success?

I don't even like David Davis but you switched this from Diane Abbot for some bizarre reason without really anything to back it up.

I've never seen Abbott over my side of her constituency.

SB

Are you in her constituency?
I have said her majority was huge so she must be doing somethign right BUT,
so was my MP's, despite the fact the labour woman almost doubled the labour vote he was so far in the distance it didn't matter.
He was in opposition quite a decent bloke but, in government he has become a complete to$$er
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:01 - Jul 21 with 3279 viewsjas0999

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 12:08 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

Apparently an excellent constituency MP, just not cut out for the pressures of front bench politics. Sadly.

I think you are spot on with this assessment.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:01 - Jul 21 with 3278 viewsSuperfrans

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 17:38 - Jul 21 by No9

Are you in her constituency?
I have said her majority was huge so she must be doing somethign right BUT,
so was my MP's, despite the fact the labour woman almost doubled the labour vote he was so far in the distance it didn't matter.
He was in opposition quite a decent bloke but, in government he has become a complete to$$er

I used to live in her constituency and know people who still are. And to dismiss her long-standing there, as some have on here, is hugely disrespectful to someone who was the first black female MP in British history, who continues to work tirelessly on behalf of her constituents and can in no way said to be out of touch from their needs and interests.

On a very basic level, she is a huge inspiration to black Britons and black British women in particular.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:06 - Jul 21 with 3273 viewstownblue

Although she should know the figures, she is correct that 'gotcha' journalism is a massive problem at the moment. It's very tiresome hearing interviews (with people from either party) where the interviewer is clearly just trying to catch someone out on technical details.

Judge people on the quality of their policies. Not on their ability to churn out the details in a short interview.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:11 - Jul 21 with 3266 viewsbournemouthblue

Didn't our Chancellor get the cost of HS2 wrong by something like 20 Billion?

It didn't seem to get half the attention Abbot manages
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/philip-hammond-hs2-cost-wrong-20bn

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:13 - Jul 21 with 3260 viewsThePitBoss

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:01 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

I used to live in her constituency and know people who still are. And to dismiss her long-standing there, as some have on here, is hugely disrespectful to someone who was the first black female MP in British history, who continues to work tirelessly on behalf of her constituents and can in no way said to be out of touch from their needs and interests.

On a very basic level, she is a huge inspiration to black Britons and black British women in particular.

Diane Abbott is racist. A diabetic one.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:34 - Jul 21 with 3240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Haha, surely she's the numerical equivalent of dyslexic. I assume numbers weren't her forte in school.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 21:38 - Jul 21 with 3216 viewsbrazil1982

What a stupid woman. Deputy Home Secretary - scary.
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 21:42 - Jul 21 with 3211 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:11 - Jul 21 by bournemouthblue

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/philip-hammond-hs2-cost-wrong-20bn

Yep.

Diane's got a point about 'catch you out' interviews though. The press love that more than the real story and it doesn't help with a decent debate in any shape or form. But that's still no excuse for not knowing the basic facts about a new policy you go on tv/radio to specifically promote.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 22:04 - Jul 21 with 3198 viewsbournemouthblue

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 21:42 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yep.

Diane's got a point about 'catch you out' interviews though. The press love that more than the real story and it doesn't help with a decent debate in any shape or form. But that's still no excuse for not knowing the basic facts about a new policy you go on tv/radio to specifically promote.

I'm not defending her by any means, she certainly seems to be an easy target

Boris is just as bad and people seem to find it endearing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 22:10 - Jul 21 with 3189 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:01 - Jul 21 by Superfrans

A down vote from "The Pit Dross"......truly a badge of honour !
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 22:12]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:32 - Jul 22 with 3113 viewsNo9

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 18:11 - Jul 21 by bournemouthblue

& Mr Grayling should face questions about his record on the government benches & who he has awarded contracts to while these contractors have been under investogation by the SFO.
& his hand outs to favoured rail franchises.

The RW media always overlook that
Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 11:48 - Jul 22 with 3107 viewschicoazul

I dunno lads. On the one hand we all know Abbott is a bumbling joke but on the other hand WE ALL KNOW Abbott is a bumbling joke. So why do the media keep going after her like this? And I almost hate to say this as there is only so much abuse even I can take, but if she were indeed a white man would she be on the end of all these brickbats? But then on the other hand if she were a white man would she even still be in the job on the front bench?

Complicated innit?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:21 - Jul 22 with 3083 viewsLord_Lucan

Diane Abbott still struggling with those sums on 14:53 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

Theresa May and Jeremy Hunt have two of the biggest majorities in terms of votes. Are you suggesting they are "doing the right thing"

You could pin a red rosette to a a pig's bladder on a stick in Hackney and they would get a massive majority.

Pretty much this. Even I could beat the Tories in Hackney and I'm a complete fück up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024