Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... 13:54 - Jul 21 with 3430 viewsHarryfromBath

With the new season looming, I thought it might be helpful to update everyone with the schedule of Championship Club previews I intend to post and which will be starting next week.

Each preview will roughly run to between 800 to 1,000 words and will address the general mood while including any topical issues to each club as well as the familiar hopes and concerns. The Norwich preview is the only exception size-wise and this will be somewhat longer.

I will include details of all incoming and outgoing players I have been able to find along with the most recent pre-season starting XI's to give a rough idea of how teams are starting to take shape.

This year I will add Post-Scripts to cover any late additions or departures in the next fortnight and put these up on the forum as threads. Experience has shown that a major signing or transfer away can radically alter the mood of a supporter base - I remember Hull supporters two years ago being very downcast only for this to completely change when the owners belatedly opened their pockets.

Here's the schedule...

Tuesday July 24th: Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull City
Wednesday July 25th: Leeds United, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday
Thursday July 26th: Barnsley, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End
Friday July 27th: Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Burton Albion

Monday July 31st: Cardiff City, Bristol City, Reading
Tuesday August 1st: Brentford, Fulham, QPR
Wednesday August 2nd: Millwall, Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers
Thursday August 3rd: Norwich City
Friday August 4th: Birmingham City Match Preview

Looking around the forums, the contrast has been interesting this year with some clubs (e.g. Norwich and Leeds) dismantling much of their playing squad with others (e.g. QPR and Sheffield Wednesday) doing remarkably little - so far. I hope these will be helpful. Not long now...

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 13:55 - Jul 21 with 3413 viewsMaySixth

Brilliant.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 14:01 - Jul 21 with 3341 viewsfactual_blue

I'll check and see if that schedule works for me. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 3069 viewsPilgrimblue

looking forward to them
New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 11:58 - Jul 22 with 3056 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like you'll be busy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 12:02 - Jul 22 with 3048 viewsFurrow

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 13:55 - Jul 21 by MaySixth

Brilliant.

When Harry's insights appear you know the season isn't far off.
Also eager to read these as so much of the C/ship doesn't get reported by the press.
Its so prem biased.
New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 2996 viewsgainsboroughblue

Liked the geographical groupings too. Except for the 2nd.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 14:00 - Jul 22 with 2936 viewschristiand

Is there a reason why you aren't being as thorough as usual Harry?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 15:55 - Jul 22 with 2837 viewshorsehollerer

Really appreciate your efforts, Harry. Can't wait to get stuck into these! COYB.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Login to get fewer ads

New Season Championship Clubs' Previews Schedule... on 20:10 - Jul 23 with 2619 viewsBanburyBlue

great work as usual Harry, will hopefully make the 2 weeks pass quicker.

Banbury Blue Back in Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024