Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley away 12th august 14:12 - Jul 21 with 3853 viewsakmmcc

Good afternoon, hope this post is allowed. My name is Michael and I run a public house in Barnsley situated 2 minutes from junction 36 of the m1 and less than 2 miles from oakwell . I'm messaging in relation to the Ipswich league match vs Barnsley on Saturday 12th august and to invite your away support to use this pub as a hub on the day. Please let me know if this is of interest to you or if there is anyone else I could contact in regards to this? Thank you for your time.
Michael McCarthy
Ship inn
Barnsley away 12th august on 14:17 - Jul 21 with 3783 viewscatch74

'Michael McCarthy' - is there some news you're not telling us!

Ps - is it easy to get to from Gatwick?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:22 - Jul 21 with 3767 viewsPhilTWTD

No problem with this being posted at all. Any relation?
Barnsley away 12th august on 14:33 - Jul 21 with 3685 viewsfactual_blue

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:22 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

No problem with this being posted at all. Any relation?

I didn't realise you had relatives in Barnsley. One of the Yorkshire Hams presumably?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:34 - Jul 21 with 3675 viewsBluefish

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:33 - Jul 21 by factual_blue

I didn't realise you had relatives in Barnsley. One of the Yorkshire Hams presumably?

Potd

Probably factuals best work for 15 years

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:37 - Jul 21 with 3660 viewsPinewoodblue

If Barnsley want to ship Inn Mick McCarthy can't see too many Town fans objecting.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Barnsley away 12th august on 16:27 - Jul 21 with 3522 viewsakmmcc

Sadly no relation! Been at the pub 7 years and get asked a lot but nope. He did however grow up 3 streets along from the pub. Invitation is open and hope to see some of you on the day. All the best for the season to come

Edit. Postcode is s705ba in a place called worsbrough, can't be nearer to the ground without being in "town".
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:28]
Barnsley away 12th august on 16:33 - Jul 21 with 3485 viewsBluefish

Barnsley away 12th august on 16:27 - Jul 21 by akmmcc

Sadly no relation! Been at the pub 7 years and get asked a lot but nope. He did however grow up 3 streets along from the pub. Invitation is open and hope to see some of you on the day. All the best for the season to come

Edit. Postcode is s705ba in a place called worsbrough, can't be nearer to the ground without being in "town".
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:28]

Is it far from the woolpack?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Barnsley away 12th august on 16:35 - Jul 21 with 3468 viewsBenters

Barnsley away 12th august on 14:37 - Jul 21 by Pinewoodblue

If Barnsley want to ship Inn Mick McCarthy can't see too many Town fans objecting.

potd

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley away 12th august on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 3124 viewsakmmcc

Barnsley away 12th august on 16:33 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

Is it far from the woolpack?

Nah. Woolpacks a bad pub anyways , only opens half hour a day and always cameras around
Barnsley away 12th august on 11:32 - Jul 22 with 3056 viewsmarcus1642

Duly noted. Do sell real ales and bitters?. Thanks for the invite, you'll find us tractor boys and girls a good bunch generally.
Barnsley away 12th august on 13:16 - Jul 22 with 2975 viewsHARRY10

Post a reminder a week before. Fans are always asking which is the pub to use for away fans.

What's the transport like to the ground as 2 mile is 40 mins walk, more if you've had a few ?

ps there are a few 'lesser' town sites you could post this on, but most drop by here at some point
Barnsley away 12th august on 15:06 - Jul 22 with 2905 viewsakmmcc

Barnsley away 12th august on 13:16 - Jul 22 by HARRY10

Post a reminder a week before. Fans are always asking which is the pub to use for away fans.

What's the transport like to the ground as 2 mile is 40 mins walk, more if you've had a few ?

ps there are a few 'lesser' town sites you could post this on, but most drop by here at some point

Sorry we don't serve real ales unfortunately. Generally for transport prople order taxis for a specific time, a taxi to the ground is around £4, meaning £1 PP each way for 4 people. I'll take that advice and post a week before , if I can get a rough idea for numbers I can get some food sorted. Thanks guys .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024