Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
:-( 18:34 - Jul 21 with 3222 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

:-( on 18:36 - Jul 21 with 3181 viewsKieran_Knows

Where are you so devastated Sitters? Like, yes he was a very good player for us, exceptional in 14/15, but it really is time to move on and try bring in someone younger, in the mould of the signings we've already brought in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

:-( on 18:38 - Jul 21 with 3162 viewsCoastalblue

If we had signed him on a three year deal I'd have been quite disapointed to be honest regardless of how much I enjoyed his time here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

:-( on 18:54 - Jul 21 with 3097 viewsdavblue

:-( on 18:36 - Jul 21 by Kieran_Knows

Where are you so devastated Sitters? Like, yes he was a very good player for us, exceptional in 14/15, but it really is time to move on and try bring in someone younger, in the mould of the signings we've already brought in.

Yeah I agree, actually think he's been one of our best signings in the last 10 years. That season where he scored the goals he was outstanding but overall his performances where more than about goals especially under Mick.
:-( on 18:59 - Jul 21 with 3073 viewsHerbivore

:-( on 18:38 - Jul 21 by Coastalblue

If we had signed him on a three year deal I'd have been quite disapointed to be honest regardless of how much I enjoyed his time here.

Yep, that fee and that contract for a player his age, I'd have been pretty miffed if we'd spaffed that kind of cash on him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

:-( on 19:04 - Jul 21 with 3045 viewsRoyKeanesDog

3 years!

Congratulations Daryl. If we had made that signing on an equivalent calibre and aged player, there would have been uproar.

Poll: Best Football Song

:-( on 19:05 - Jul 21 with 3036 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chin up Sitters - he thought he was better than us, so whilst I hope he has a good season he's just another mercenary (as the vast majority are). There's a good chance Garner will have as good, or even better, season than him.

That would be a nicer kit if the stripes came all the way down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

:-( on 19:17 - Jul 21 with 2987 viewsCoastalblue

:-( on 19:05 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

Chin up Sitters - he thought he was better than us, so whilst I hope he has a good season he's just another mercenary (as the vast majority are). There's a good chance Garner will have as good, or even better, season than him.

I think that's harsh on Murphy, the move he had a chance for at that stage in his career is not something I would begrudge him and we didn't do too badly out of it really. The fact we then screwed ourselves over a replacement is hardly his fault.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

:-( on 19:39 - Jul 21 with 2918 viewsvapour_trail

:-( on 19:05 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

I think you're well off there.

What suggests he thought he was better than us?

What makes him a mercenary? Accepting employment elsewhere at a vastly improved wage? Fair play to him, was a good player here.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

:-( on 19:47 - Jul 21 with 2875 viewsSwansea_Blue

:-( on 19:17 - Jul 21 by Coastalblue

I think that's harsh on Murphy, the move he had a chance for at that stage in his career is not something I would begrudge him and we didn't do too badly out of it really. The fact we then screwed ourselves over a replacement is hardly his fault.

I don't begrudge him either - I have no ill will towards him for leaving us at all. But this is the reality of what most players do - they see a chance to play at a higher level and earn more cash and they take it. It's just the way it is. I was trying to say we move on and don't worry about people who have decided they don't want to be here any more.

I still keep an eye on ex-players, but I'm not going to worry about them joining someone else.

If that's make sense

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

:-( on 08:20 - Jul 22 with 2506 viewsJ2BLUE

I think he still has it and i'd have loved to see him back on a one year loan deal but for £2m and a three year contract? Good luck Forest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

:-( on 08:35 - Jul 22 with 2461 viewsKieran_Knows

:-( on 08:20 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

I think he still has it and i'd have loved to see him back on a one year loan deal but for £2m and a three year contract? Good luck Forest.

Another agent who has played an absolute blinder there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

:-( on 09:07 - Jul 22 with 2399 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jesus how bizarre!

Five years ago a decent signing, but not now and not a THREE YEAR DEAL!!

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024