Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane 19:00 - Jul 21 with 9959 viewsBLUEBEAT

Horrible.

Poll: W or W

Roy Keane on 19:01 - Jul 21 with 9948 viewsSwansea_Blue

What's he done now?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Roy Keane on 19:04 - Jul 21 with 9926 viewsjpring89

Roy Keane on 19:01 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

What's he done now?

Breathing

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Roy Keane on 19:07 - Jul 21 with 9906 viewsWD19

Definitely one for the forum and not the news section!
Roy Keane on 20:02 - Jul 21 with 9770 viewsBlueBadger

Better, or worse than Paul Jewell would you say?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roy Keane on 20:14 - Jul 21 with 9728 viewsStu_boy

Roy Keane on 20:02 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

Were they not as bad as each other, Keane really lacked man management skills and I think we over compensated by going for the tactically inept but very nice Paul Jewell

Personnally I think we should have given Magilton 1 more year to see how we could have developed as a team, if we had kept Magilton I wonder if he would have given the Rhodes Wickham partnership a go

Keane came in and ripped it all apart as he wanted to make his mark, wasted millions and set us back badly
Roy Keane on 20:17 - Jul 21 with 9713 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Roy Keane on 20:14 - Jul 21 by Stu_boy

Were they not as bad as each other, Keane really lacked man management skills and I think we over compensated by going for the tactically inept but very nice Paul Jewell

Personnally I think we should have given Magilton 1 more year to see how we could have developed as a team, if we had kept Magilton I wonder if he would have given the Rhodes Wickham partnership a go

Keane came in and ripped it all apart as he wanted to make his mark, wasted millions and set us back badly

Thanks for clearing that up.

Pablo or Shefki?

Poll: Best Football Song

Roy Keane on 20:33 - Jul 21 with 9651 viewsStu_boy

Roy Keane on 20:17 - Jul 21 by RoyKeanesDog

Pablo or Shefki?

Shefki just for the swallow dive alone, not to mention how gutting it was when his injury hampered our promotion push in 2005
Roy Keane on 21:39 - Jul 21 with 9475 viewsSwansea_Blue

Roy Keane on 20:02 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

I'm surprised we haven't done this one before. Worse. He was a destructive, divisive @rsehole who was completely the wrong fit for us. A little part of the club and what we stand for died the moment he walked in the door, and then he spent the next 21 1/2 months killing off the rest of it.

PJ was just sh*t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane on 06:36 - Jul 22 with 9194 viewsdalianwasexciting

Roy Keane on 21:39 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

I'm surprised we haven't done this one before. Worse. He was a destructive, divisive @rsehole who was completely the wrong fit for us. A little part of the club and what we stand for died the moment he walked in the door, and then he spent the next 21 1/2 months killing off the rest of it.

PJ was just sh*t.

Very much part of what went wrong with our club. The ownership clearly wanted a big name who would be on Sky at all times with the Marcus Evans backdrop, with opinions on everyone and everything except his own ineptitude as our manager. Totally the wrong fit for a club like ours, and as others have pointed out he seemed to go out of his way to upset the players he did not like, alienate the ones who he wanted rid of and quite frankly acted like he was bigger than the club.

Of course the above is only an opinion but had he not arrived then we may not have got to the parlous state of affairs we have seen since. PJ was almost the absolute opposite but seemed to have no idea and clearly let some senior players do what they wanted, so we ended up with extremes - somehow we stayed up and his departure was inevitable. We all look back with the benefit of hindsight and think that Magilton should have been given time, but clearly did not fit in with ME's aspirations.

The final thing on Keane is that he wasted so much money - I am no fan of MM but would we have got promoted under him had he spent what Keane did....

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Roy Keane on 07:13 - Jul 22 with 9159 viewshoppy

Roy Keane on 21:39 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

PJ was just sh*t.

Put you down as a "Not sure" then, shall we?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Roy Keane on 08:02 - Jul 22 with 9080 viewsLimitlessBlue

Roy Keane on 06:36 - Jul 22 by dalianwasexciting

Very much part of what went wrong with our club. The ownership clearly wanted a big name who would be on Sky at all times with the Marcus Evans backdrop, with opinions on everyone and everything except his own ineptitude as our manager. Totally the wrong fit for a club like ours, and as others have pointed out he seemed to go out of his way to upset the players he did not like, alienate the ones who he wanted rid of and quite frankly acted like he was bigger than the club.

Of course the above is only an opinion but had he not arrived then we may not have got to the parlous state of affairs we have seen since. PJ was almost the absolute opposite but seemed to have no idea and clearly let some senior players do what they wanted, so we ended up with extremes - somehow we stayed up and his departure was inevitable. We all look back with the benefit of hindsight and think that Magilton should have been given time, but clearly did not fit in with ME's aspirations.

The final thing on Keane is that he wasted so much money - I am no fan of MM but would we have got promoted under him had he spent what Keane did....

have to say Keane did not waste the money, he told Clegg what he thought the player was worth and then Clegg would spend about 3 times that amount!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Roy Keane on 08:46 - Jul 22 with 8983 viewsKeaneish

Roy Keane on 20:17 - Jul 21 by RoyKeanesDog

Pablo or Shefki?

Tough one that. I love them both equally.

Wickham or Rhodes?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Roy Keane on 11:07 - Jul 22 with 8795 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane on 08:02 - Jul 22 by LimitlessBlue

have to say Keane did not waste the money, he told Clegg what he thought the player was worth and then Clegg would spend about 3 times that amount!

Anyone seriously wanting to spend money, any money, on Lee Martin, Tamas Priskin, etc is wasting their cash, regardless of how much they think he's worth.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 11:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Roy Keane on 14:32 - Jul 22 with 8672 viewsbraveblue

Roy Keane on 11:07 - Jul 22 by BlueBadger

Anyone seriously wanting to spend money, any money, on Lee Martin, Tamas Priskin, etc is wasting their cash, regardless of how much they think he's worth.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 11:32]

There have been a lot worse that those two since then. Clegg did the deals. He was useless. Magilton was being booed off at the end as the team was so poor. The only common theme is Evans. Dreadful decision making throughout.
Roy Keane on 15:08 - Jul 22 with 8614 viewsLord_Lucan

Roy Keane on 14:32 - Jul 22 by braveblue

There have been a lot worse that those two since then. Clegg did the deals. He was useless. Magilton was being booed off at the end as the team was so poor. The only common theme is Evans. Dreadful decision making throughout.

It's astonishing that Clegg gets the abuse he does, take a look at his CV, he is a very competent man. Keane is a bloody fruitcake, Jewel was an old man on a retirement mission.

Jim Magilton's team played some nice football but then went through a very bad patch and was crucified for it. Jim Magilton would have had us promoted by now but instead of that Marcus Evans corporation has put us through hell.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Roy Keane on 15:10 - Jul 22 with 8608 viewstractorshark

I watched a repeat of the Keane meets Vieira programme the other night and Keane is just a parody of himself.
I actually think he's quite intelligent but it's all calculated grudges, hatred and bitterness.
He plays to his stereotype, unfortunately the scary persona just comes over as pathetic bullying.
As a person, he appears very flawed.
As a boss, he's tactically bereft and has the man-management skills of Genghis Khan.
Roy Keane on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 8588 viewstrncbluearmy

Roy Keane on 15:08 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

It's astonishing that Clegg gets the abuse he does, take a look at his CV, he is a very competent man. Keane is a bloody fruitcake, Jewel was an old man on a retirement mission.

Jim Magilton's team played some nice football but then went through a very bad patch and was crucified for it. Jim Magilton would have had us promoted by now but instead of that Marcus Evans corporation has put us through hell.

Clegg got very lucky as the admin man for one of our finest Olympian Teams and benefited from that.
Completely out of his depth at ITFC, but to be fair he was not the only one that ME appointed who could not do the job
Roy Keane on 16:01 - Jul 22 with 8507 viewsBlueBadger

Possibly, but none of those that have been have cost us very little, if anything in transfer fees.

Roy Keane on 16:18 - Jul 22 with 8481 viewsRyorry

Standard "buy an English Football Club despite having no knowledge of or interest in football, just to promote your global corp" fare. "Fit and proper person" should be massively re-defined!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Roy Keane on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 8260 viewscharlie1

I can't agree with your last sentence. We were great at home but shocking away in the main Under Magilton and, yes, he had built a nice little side, but nothing he has done since leaving us changes my opinion at the time that he had serious limitations as a manager and wasn't going to take us any further.
Roy Keane on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 8053 views3_5_2

Roy Keane on 22:21 - Jul 22 by charlie1

I can't agree with your last sentence. We were great at home but shocking away in the main Under Magilton and, yes, he had built a nice little side, but nothing he has done since leaving us changes my opinion at the time that he had serious limitations as a manager and wasn't going to take us any further.

Magilton has a problem breaking away from being a player to a manager Always
wanted to be one of the lads and you can't be any more once you move upstairs

I have also been told that his management style was very aggressive and there is nowhere to go if that's all you have. A problem which cost him the qpr job

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Roy Keane on 01:06 - Jul 24 with 7985 viewstractorshark

Roy Keane on 22:34 - Jul 23 by 3_5_2

Magilton has a problem breaking away from being a player to a manager Always
wanted to be one of the lads and you can't be any more once you move upstairs

I have also been told that his management style was very aggressive and there is nowhere to go if that's all you have. A problem which cost him the qpr job

The dressing room was split by the time magilton left.
He couldn't continue.
The fact he is looked at more favourably as a manager now has more to do with the shortcomings of Keane and Jewell than Jim's own ability as a coach.
That said, I still think of him as a club legend. Not to the degree of Wark and Butcher but he's still a man who deserves to be etched into Ipswich folklore.
Roy Keane on 05:01 - Jul 24 with 7934 viewsBenters

this

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024