Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chambers 16:20 - Jul 22 with 5014 viewsRudyard83

I love the guy and see him as almost a legend, I also usually rate him highly at center-back, however, it does seem as though he is having a poor pre-season. I haven't watched the games, but from the updates on twitter and here, he seems to make a lot of mistakes at the moment. Anyone that's been to the games, is this a fair judgement?
Luke Chambers on 16:22 - Jul 22 with 4985 viewshoofer

Personally I think his good games are too far apart from each other I believe this is going to be one long hard season and possible a relegation battle.
Luke Chambers on 16:26 - Jul 22 with 4941 viewsRudyard83

Luke Chambers on 16:22 - Jul 22 by hoofer

Personally I think his good games are too far apart from each other I believe this is going to be one long hard season and possible a relegation battle.

I wouldn't go that far. I see us as a mid-table side next year. And as I said, I do usually rate him, but his pre-season isn't seeming too great
Luke Chambers on 16:35 - Jul 22 with 4830 viewsRegencyBlue

Luke Chambers on 16:26 - Jul 22 by Rudyard83

I wouldn't go that far. I see us as a mid-table side next year. And as I said, I do usually rate him, but his pre-season isn't seeming too great

He hasn't been done any favours by being played out of position for three years to be fair!

Having said that not guaranteed to start if Webster and Smith step up.
Luke Chambers on 16:45 - Jul 22 with 4726 viewsSitfcB

A poor pre-season? He's not even played 90 mins has he? ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Luke Chambers on 16:48 - Jul 22 with 4705 viewstextbackup

For me, if we play 442, then it's Webster and smith or chambers. And going on the 'we need a right footed and left footed' then it means it's smith.

However....

MM won't drop chambers (even if he's playing poorly) so my gut feeling is its chambers and smith. With us all scratching heads

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Chambers on 16:49 - Jul 22 with 4693 viewsRudyard83

Luke Chambers on 16:45 - Jul 22 by SitfcB

A poor pre-season? He's not even played 90 mins has he? ffs.

In the time he's played he's given away a penalty, had a very dodgy backpass almost gifting a goal, been outmuscled almost gifting a goal and given the ball away multiple times. I just want to know if someone whos seen him can back it up, or say it's a load of tosh
Luke Chambers on 17:02 - Jul 22 with 4592 viewsJ2BLUE

Luke Chambers on 16:48 - Jul 22 by textbackup

For me, if we play 442, then it's Webster and smith or chambers. And going on the 'we need a right footed and left footed' then it means it's smith.

However....

MM won't drop chambers (even if he's playing poorly) so my gut feeling is its chambers and smith. With us all scratching heads

I think the left footer/right footer thing is just an ideal that he won't be too bothered about ignoring. IIRC he has played Smith and Berra together quite a few times.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Luke Chambers on 17:07 - Jul 22 with 4564 viewsBLUEBEAT

Luke Chambers on 16:49 - Jul 22 by Rudyard83

In the time he's played he's given away a penalty, had a very dodgy backpass almost gifting a goal, been outmuscled almost gifting a goal and given the ball away multiple times. I just want to know if someone whos seen him can back it up, or say it's a load of tosh

Why, it's almost as though he's taken his foot off the pedal now a contract has been sorted 🤔

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Chambers on 17:12 - Jul 22 with 4521 viewshoofer

Luke Chambers on 17:07 - Jul 22 by BLUEBEAT

Why, it's almost as though he's taken his foot off the pedal now a contract has been sorted 🤔

It's what most Players do nowadays.
Luke Chambers on 17:35 - Jul 22 with 4413 viewsjas0999

Luke Chambers on 16:26 - Jul 22 by Rudyard83

Mid to lower table. We have significantly improved.
Luke Chambers on 17:39 - Jul 22 with 4387 viewsBluefish

Writing a player off in pre season without having even seen him play

Well done

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Luke Chambers on 17:57 - Jul 22 with 4325 viewsBent_double

Could it just be than these are meaningless pre-season games, he's a seasoned old pro and is just using the playing time to get upto game speed, whilst not putting in 100% and risking injury before the seasons even started?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Luke Chambers on 19:01 - Jul 22 with 4131 viewsericclacton

Luke Chambers on 22:50 - Jul 22 with 3879 viewsRudyard83

Luke Chambers on 17:39 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

Writing a player off in pre season without having even seen him play

Well done

I'm not at all writing him off, I used this to ask if he is having a bad pre-season, not as a way to slate him. Also I know that pre-season isn't a representation of the season ahead (referring to previous comments) but it can be used to gather form and momentum so I was intrigued
Luke Chambers on 12:44 - Jul 23 with 3646 viewsExiled_Blue

However....

The majority of teams play with two right footed centre backs, there's no reason we can't as well. Right footed centre backs are more used to playing on their weaker side than lefties are because it's common for them to play with another right footer. It was harder for Smith to adapt to playing on the right because he probably never had to do it before, as most of his centre back partners throughout his career would have been right footed.

It'll be Chambers and Webster.
Luke Chambers on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 3635 viewsRIPbobby

However....

Perhaps Webster will be used as a midfield sweeper?
Luke Chambers on 12:59 - Jul 23 with 3619 viewsHerbivore

Luke Chambers on 12:44 - Jul 23 by Exiled_Blue

The majority of teams play with two right footed centre backs, there's no reason we can't as well. Right footed centre backs are more used to playing on their weaker side than lefties are because it's common for them to play with another right footer. It was harder for Smith to adapt to playing on the right because he probably never had to do it before, as most of his centre back partners throughout his career would have been right footed.

It'll be Chambers and Webster.

Agree with all of this. Chambers and Webster will be first choice at centre-back and I'm sure they'll manage fine. Having one lefty and one righty is a luxury rather than a necessity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024