Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. 06:44 - Jul 24 with 12506 viewsBenters

Did you know that to make the perfect cuppa using a tea bag you should filter the water if hard,boil it,use your favourite cup or mug, and let the tea bag boil for 5 mins ?

Well i tried it this morn and blimey after 5 mins it blew my tits off,bit strong for me.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:42 - Jul 24 with 4930 viewsBenters

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:26 - Jul 24 by Ryorry

3 bags brewed in a 1 pint mug for a *minimum* of 3 minutes, max 5 minutes for me! Can't stand insipid tea ...

Stood on folded over foil, with a small bowl of hot water as a lid, doesn't go cold.

Crikey do you fart a lot ?

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:47 - Jul 24 with 4920 viewsSarge

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:12 - Jul 24 by solemio

Yes, a few years ago a report was published saying that the hardest water in the country is at Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City and St Albans.

Hard water has the best drinking taste.

I lived in Hatfield for 3 years. I can't say I noticed nicer tasting tea.

In terms of plain water I find that of the places I frequent, Finchley is the worst, Kent the best and Ipswich is alright. Water in Hatfield was mainly for hangover prevention.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:51 - Jul 24 with 4910 viewsSarge

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:27 - Jul 24 by Bluebell

5 minutes! Wouldn't the tea be cold by then?

I only like to dunk my tea bags a few times, that is strong enough for me.

Of course, a lot depends on the tea bags. If you get these 'one cup' ones they are very weak.

Ooh hark at her! Tea bags with a string!
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 4899 viewstcblue

Milk in first is the correct procedure, it's basic science
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 4884 viewsRyorry

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:42 - Jul 24 by Benters

Crikey do you fart a lot ?

Yes, but not because of the tea!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 13:30 - Jul 24 with 4871 views_

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 13:54 - Jul 24 with 4845 viewshoppy

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:51 - Jul 24 by Sarge

And, of course, when she says "I only like to dunk my tea bags a few times", she actually means "I only like my butler to dunk my tea bags a few times"...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:00 - Jul 24 with 4819 viewsWeWereZombies

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:59 - Jul 24 by tcblue

And one less teaspoon to wash up...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:44 - Jul 24 with 4800 viewsLord_Lucan

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:59 - Jul 24 by tcblue

If you actually insist of ruining a cup of tea by adding milk then it should only be put in first if the tea has already been brewed in a pot, otherwise the milk will ruin it by cooling the brewing process down.

Similarly, boiling water should never be poured over any sort of coffee until it has rested for three minutes, otherwise it makes the coffee bitter. Milk is acceptable in coffee (a small dash) but should obviously be poured at the end of the process.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:54 - Jul 24 with 4784 viewsMedwayTractor

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:44 - Jul 24 by Lord_Lucan

If you actually insist of ruining a cup of tea by adding milk then it should only be put in first if the tea has already been brewed in a pot, otherwise the milk will ruin it by cooling the brewing process down.

Similarly, boiling water should never be poured over any sort of coffee until it has rested for three minutes, otherwise it makes the coffee bitter. Milk is acceptable in coffee (a small dash) but should obviously be poured at the end of the process.

Re boiling water & coffee - what about my Italian style stove top coffee maker? Doesn't work unless the water in the reservoir boils. The same goes for any sort of perked coffee.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:00 - Jul 24 with 4777 viewsslump

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:54 - Jul 24 by MedwayTractor

Re boiling water & coffee - what about my Italian style stove top coffee maker? Doesn't work unless the water in the reservoir boils. The same goes for any sort of perked coffee.

Technically the coffee is not boiled in a moka pot. The steam passes through the ground beans and pulls with that the flavour and caffiene.

It's a mini pressure cooker

UTT

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:10 - Jul 24 with 4765 viewsVic

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:26 - Jul 24 by Ryorry

3 bags brewed in a 1 pint mug for a *minimum* of 3 minutes, max 5 minutes for me! Can't stand insipid tea ...

Stood on folded over foil, with a small bowl of hot water as a lid, doesn't go cold.

ONE PINT MUG! Blimey - that'd do me for the whole day.

Personally like mine in a nice China mug and nice and strong.

I worked for Brooke Bond in Bury for a few years and boy was their tea in the factory canteen strong! With an unlimited supply of tea bags they didn't skimp on how many they used in the huge pots of tea they made to last the whole whole tea break - 1hr by the time everyone had had their 15 mins. The spoons would almost stand up in the mugs.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:10 - Jul 24 with 4764 viewsLord_Lucan

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:54 - Jul 24 by MedwayTractor

For the best coffee you should grind your own beans in a proper coffee grinder, place ground beans into a cafataire and add three minute old boiled water. Plunge after a further 3 - 5 minutes.

I'm good at advice, although I just buy instant Carte Noire these days. I think my "could be arsed to make real coffee" stage lasted about two months.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:14 - Jul 24 with 4763 viewsVic

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 15:44 - Jul 24 by Lord_Lucan

No, no, no, - milk in first with coffee, then boiling water straight on top. That way the milk stops the water scolding the coffee.

I'm talking about instant coffee obviously.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:22 - Jul 24 with 4754 viewsuncle

The closest I've seen people at work come to blows, was over the milk/hot water historical dispute.

2 blokes had a full on shouting match about it, until they both agreed that me adding a sweetener to mine was beyond the pale.
They were English, we were working Belgium, and the locals found it absolutely hilarious.

I add milk first, if the milk is to hand to save a few seconds - basically I'm not bothered.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:32 - Jul 24 with 4738 viewsGogs

These are the correct procedures for both Tea and coffee. Anything else, you're doing it wrong.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:48 - Jul 24 with 4719 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:20 - Jul 24 by SWGF

Milk first when I make mine as I know how much milk I want. Perfect every time.

When I put milk in second, I get that horrible scaling on top even after filtering the water. Milk first never gets the scaling.

you need to warm your mug up with a bit of boiling water first... stops the tea from stewing
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 05:01 - Jul 25 with 4657 viewsBenters

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 16:48 - Jul 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

you need to warm your mug up with a bit of boiling water first... stops the tea from stewing

Interesting!

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 05:31 - Jul 25 with 4652 viewsKievthegreat

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:51 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I like my tea strong. I used to be one of those wrong uns who put the milk in first but i've finally seen the light.

Based on your bizarre egg cooking antics I presumed you'd put a whole in the bag first. Milk first is almost worse.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 05:55 - Jul 25 with 4646 viewsBenters

Very posh in 'Morse country' innit

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:33 - Jul 25 with 4611 viewsstickymockwell

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 05:55 - Jul 25 by Benters

Very posh in 'Morse country' innit

Come on Benters, I think you've had many kinds of teabag!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:10 - Jul 25 with 4590 viewsBluebell

No, I hate those with strings.

They always drop into the cup and you spend ages trying to fish it back out again!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 8:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024