Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. 06:44 - Jul 24 with 12332 viewsBenters

Did you know that to make the perfect cuppa using a tea bag you should filter the water if hard,boil it,use your favourite cup or mug, and let the tea bag boil for 5 mins ?

Well i tried it this morn and blimey after 5 mins it blew my tits off,bit strong for me.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:50 - Jul 24 with 7527 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Filter the water if hard'

I'm probably being thick but what does that mean?

How can you tell if water is hard?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:51 - Jul 24 with 7528 viewsJ2BLUE

I like my tea strong. I used to be one of those wrong uns who put the milk in first but i've finally seen the light.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:53 - Jul 24 with 7512 viewsJ2BLUE

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:50 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

If it has iced up it's hard.

Truly impaired.

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:55 - Jul 24 with 7504 viewsBenters

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:51 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I like my tea strong. I used to be one of those wrong uns who put the milk in first but i've finally seen the light.

same as !

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:56 - Jul 24 with 7500 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:53 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

If it has iced up it's hard.

What like overnight in the kettle you mean?

I'm not sure that's ever happened to me before when I've made someone a tea in the morning. Though I don't check the kettle to see if the water is 'hard' or not tbh. I lift it to see if there's any in and then, assuming there is, bang it on until boiling.

Hadn't realised it can go hard

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:07 - Jul 24 with 7461 viewsgtsb1966

Go abroad for a week. As soon as you get back home put the kettle on and you'll realise you've made a perfect cuppa.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:18 - Jul 24 with 7432 viewsSWGF

"let the tea bag boil"?

You mean "brew"?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:19 - Jul 24 with 7428 viewsElderGrizzly

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:56 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

What like overnight in the kettle you mean?

I'm not sure that's ever happened to me before when I've made someone a tea in the morning. Though I don't check the kettle to see if the water is 'hard' or not tbh. I lift it to see if there's any in and then, assuming there is, bang it on until boiling.

Hadn't realised it can go hard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water
Login to get fewer ads

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:20 - Jul 24 with 7426 viewsSWGF

Milk first when I make mine as I know how much milk I want. Perfect every time.

When I put milk in second, I get that horrible scaling on top even after filtering the water. Milk first never gets the scaling.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:22 - Jul 24 with 7414 viewsBenters

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:20 - Jul 24 by SWGF

Milk first when I make mine as I know how much milk I want. Perfect every time.

When I put milk in second, I get that horrible scaling on top even after filtering the water. Milk first never gets the scaling.

Do you have fresh water in Brightlingsea now ?

Mine comes straight out of the Bentley Spring ..

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:23 - Jul 24 with 7410 viewsSWGF

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:22 - Jul 24 by Benters

Do you have fresh water in Brightlingsea now ?

Mine comes straight out of the Bentley Spring ..

I cycle past Batemans Tower every morning with a bucket. If it's good enough for Matt Holland to paddle his aching bones in, it's good enough for me to drink.

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:26 - Jul 24 with 7391 viewsBenters

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:23 - Jul 24 by SWGF

I cycle past Batemans Tower every morning with a bucket. If it's good enough for Matt Holland to paddle his aching bones in, it's good enough for me to drink.

Lovely stuff!

Perhaps he should tell Didzy ?

Gentlybentley

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:37 - Jul 24 with 7358 viewsJ2BLUE

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:19 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

You've ruined everything.

Truly impaired.

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:47 - Jul 24 with 7320 viewshoppy

Doesn't mean you're not still one of those wrong uns.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:58 - Jul 24 with 7290 viewsNewcyBlue

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:37 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

You've ruined everything.

Said everyone that has seen anything you have cooked

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:59 - Jul 24 with 7287 viewsgainsboroughblue

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 06:50 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

It's to do with the area you live in and the geology of it determining how much calcium and magnesium is dissolved into the water.

The East of England is well known for being a hard water area where as the West Country is very soft.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:05 - Jul 24 with 7270 viewsLord_Lucan

You shouldn't even have milk it tea.

I let my stand for a minimum of 5 mins, I like a strong cuppa

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:06 - Jul 24 with 7259 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:59 - Jul 24 by gainsboroughblue

It's to do with the area you live in and the geology of it determining how much calcium and magnesium is dissolved into the water.

The East of England is well known for being a hard water area where as the West Country is very soft.

What about Romford?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:07 - Jul 24 with 7252 viewsElderGrizzly

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:06 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

What about Romford?

5% piss
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:08 - Jul 24 with 7236 viewsMJallday

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:07 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

5% piss

It's the other 95% he should really worry about

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:12 - Jul 24 with 7216 viewssolemio

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 07:59 - Jul 24 by gainsboroughblue

Yes, a few years ago a report was published saying that the hardest water in the country is at Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City and St Albans.

Hard water has the best drinking taste.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:14 - Jul 24 with 7199 viewsgainsboroughblue

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:06 - Jul 24 by The_Romford_Blue

What about Romford?

Hard water area. Though less so than here I suspect.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:19 - Jul 24 with 7183 viewsbluejake78

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:07 - Jul 24 by ElderGrizzly

5% piss

95% Gippo ejaculate
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:27 - Jul 24 with 7162 viewsBluebell

5 minutes! Wouldn't the tea be cold by then?

I only like to dunk my tea bags a few times, that is strong enough for me.

Of course, a lot depends on the tea bags. If you get these 'one cup' ones they are very weak.
I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 6974 viewsRyorry

I watched a program last night about a tea factory. on 08:27 - Jul 24 by Bluebell

5 minutes! Wouldn't the tea be cold by then?

I only like to dunk my tea bags a few times, that is strong enough for me.

Of course, a lot depends on the tea bags. If you get these 'one cup' ones they are very weak.

3 bags brewed in a 1 pint mug for a *minimum* of 3 minutes, max 5 minutes for me! Can't stand insipid tea ...

Stood on folded over foil, with a small bowl of hot water as a lid, doesn't go cold.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024