Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of Anglia finishing? 13:42 - Jul 24 with 6089 viewsitfcjoe

http://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=index

Dear Visitor,
Effective as of the end of the 2016-17 season Pride of Anglia will be maintained on a limited basis only. The Match Programme Archive will continue to be regularly updated but player statistics and career details will not. For up-to-date details I recommend that you visit Tim’s ITFC Player A-Z which can be found here.
Ralph

Will be a huge loss to the ITFC community

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:44 - Jul 24 with 6051 viewsIllinoisblue

Shame but can only imagine the amount of work that goes into updating that site.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:46 - Jul 24 with 6032 viewsTheBlueBarca

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:44 - Jul 24 by Illinoisblue

Shame but can only imagine the amount of work that goes into updating that site.

Didn't he start charging for most of it a few years back? The data is great but the site looks well past it, if someone helped him modernise the look it may attract a few more visitors.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 5993 viewshoppy

That is a shame. Have often used and admired the amount of detail contained within those pages. Almost anything you ever needed to know about Town, that was always the first port of call.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:54 - Jul 24 with 5976 viewsGunnsAirkick

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:46 - Jul 24 by TheBlueBarca

Didn't he start charging for most of it a few years back? The data is great but the site looks well past it, if someone helped him modernise the look it may attract a few more visitors.

To be honest whilst you're right the content is top notch the look doesn't bother me all that much. Perhaps they just don't have the time anymore, maybe someone could ask as I for one would be willing to help out if we could get a few people together (it never works if it all falls on one person).
Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 5912 viewsLord_Lucan

Well if you are reading this TMWMTT - It's a great shame but understandable given the time that must be involved. Not sure if it will continue but the year on match section is a blessing.

I have lost so many arguments whilst referring to a game back in the 70's or 80's.

Thanks for the service*

* Can't it be continued as a paid service or maybe something for Gav to get involved with to help out??

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 5836 viewsGavTWTD

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:13 - Jul 24 by Lord_Lucan

Well if you are reading this TMWMTT - It's a great shame but understandable given the time that must be involved. Not sure if it will continue but the year on match section is a blessing.

I have lost so many arguments whilst referring to a game back in the 70's or 80's.

Thanks for the service*

* Can't it be continued as a paid service or maybe something for Gav to get involved with to help out??

I have my hands full here really. We already do have a match database on this site but it needs work. We really should have a history section. I'd like an A-Z section too.

I've contacted them and perhaps something will come as a result.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:41 - Jul 24 with 5797 viewsSWGF

As long as the historic/archive results and team lists are still around, it'll assist my ever-dwindling memory.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 5754 viewshomer_123

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:32 - Jul 24 by GavTWTD

I have my hands full here really. We already do have a match database on this site but it needs work. We really should have a history section. I'd like an A-Z section too.

Hands full.....of hobknobs!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:51 - Jul 24 with 5762 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, the definitive place for Town stats, and invaluable to those of us in the media. A terrific job done by Ralph and those who have assisted him over many years.
Pride of Anglia finishing? on 17:31 - Jul 24 with 5583 viewsBLUEBEAT

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 14:32 - Jul 24 by GavTWTD

Wow, with all this free time, you could come up with the long-awaited TWTD mobile apps too!

Poll: W or W

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 19:28 - Jul 24 with 5454 viewsSuperfrans

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 13:46 - Jul 24 by TheBlueBarca

Not sure about that. I know a Spurs statto/obsessive and it's well known across football fan sites. It really is viewed as the best by that community.

It's the kind of thing that ITFC could do well to help fund. It would cost a few grand to support and would be well worth it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 5413 viewsLord_Lucan

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 19:28 - Jul 24 by Superfrans

Not sure about that. I know a Spurs statto/obsessive and it's well known across football fan sites. It really is viewed as the best by that community.

It's the kind of thing that ITFC could do well to help fund. It would cost a few grand to support and would be well worth it.

Do you mean TMWMTT or the Spurs obsessive is well known.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 19:54 - Jul 24 with 5396 viewsSuperfrans

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 19:43 - Jul 24 by Lord_Lucan

Do you mean TMWMTT or the Spurs obsessive is well known.

TMWMTT

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 20:00 - Jul 24 with 5379 viewsSonOfSpock

Would be quite a nice fit for the club museum to take on.

Is Pat Godbold still working there?
Pride of Anglia finishing? on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 5296 viewsFreddies_Ears

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 20:00 - Jul 24 by SonOfSpock

Would be quite a nice fit for the club museum to take on.

Is Pat Godbold still working there?

Pat is still involved with the archives but she won't be picking up online or database stuff!

There's a lot going on re the physical archive, with plans to change the main displays in in next few months and create a heritage tour (there's no museum at ITFC, and given one such as Wolves' cost in the millions, it isn't a priority.

Losing an updated PoA is a big blow.

ITFC will be asked to consider taking it over...
Pride of Anglia finishing? on 09:37 - Jul 25 with 5046 viewsBluespeed225

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 20:48 - Jul 24 by Freddies_Ears

Pat is still involved with the archives but she won't be picking up online or database stuff!

There's a lot going on re the physical archive, with plans to change the main displays in in next few months and create a heritage tour (there's no museum at ITFC, and given one such as Wolves' cost in the millions, it isn't a priority.

I loaned 2 match worn shirts to Pat for display at the club on the open day in 2015. She said a proper museum type display was hoped for, and was costed in the 30k mark, probably just adapting what we already have. I put them in her 'lock up' under the West Stand., and to my knowledge they're still in there! its Warks 81' final shirt, and Talbots 78', so I'd like to think theyve put them up somewhere!
Pride of Anglia finishing? on 10:00 - Jul 25 with 5007 viewsSuperfrans

Pride of Anglia finishing? on 20:48 - Jul 24 by Freddies_Ears

The club should take it over. The costs of running it could easily be covered by sponsorship.

Once it's gone, it would be a huge project to get it up and running again.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 10:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024