Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes 14:23 - Jul 24 with 5819 viewsHarryWright

So from those who have seen him, how good actually is he?

Looks like he might even start the first game, was quite disappointed when Benyu left but is this guy potentially better?
Flynn Downes on 14:56 - Jul 24 with 1604 viewsKieran_Knows

on 14:48 - Jul 24 by _

Why is it odd out of curiosity? He's been injured for the best part of 2 seasons, in which Bishop has broke in to the side, and it looks very much like Dozzell and Downes will, possibly Nydam depending on where Mick see's he's best fit.

On top of those breaking through, we've signed Adeyemi and Huws who will almost both certainly be regulars, on top or Skuse who is (wrongly or rightly) one of the first names on the team sheet under Mick.

I do feel like Hyam is being left behind in that respect, not that i'm writing him off.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Flynn Downes on 14:56 - Jul 24 with 1593 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Flynn Downes on 14:50 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Very much so, and great to see. Fair play to the academy!

Only fear* is that Downes and Dozzell could well pass right by Hyam and Bishop unless they get over their injuries (soon).

*not really a fear for the club, more so Bishop & Hyam for their careers.

Strong competition..... just the way it should be.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Flynn Downes on 14:57 - Jul 24 with 1588 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Flynn Downes on 14:56 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Why is it odd out of curiosity? He's been injured for the best part of 2 seasons, in which Bishop has broke in to the side, and it looks very much like Dozzell and Downes will, possibly Nydam depending on where Mick see's he's best fit.

On top of those breaking through, we've signed Adeyemi and Huws who will almost both certainly be regulars, on top or Skuse who is (wrongly or rightly) one of the first names on the team sheet under Mick.

I do feel like Hyam is being left behind in that respect, not that i'm writing him off.

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Flynn Downes on 14:57 - Jul 24 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

Flynn Downes on 14:25 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure, but I'll bet that he'll have a hipster haircut and forearm tattoo by the end of the season.

He looks more old school, like a young Stuart Pearce - side parton, black boots, short sleeves, scar on cheek. If he has a tattoo it will be a rose saying Mum and Dad on his forearm

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes on 14:59 - Jul 24 with 1575 viewsitfcjoe

Flynn Downes on 14:31 - Jul 24 by ArnieM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This kid is the real deal and looks to be ahead if Dozzell and Bishop in terms of ability and capability to perform in the first team. He essentially was pivotal to the flowing football on display in the first half. Constantly demanding the ball, linking up defence with attack. Probing passes, soild tackles winning the ball off senior pros, excellent vision, direct at times ALWAYS a forward pass.

Trust me the big clubs will be sniffing round come Jan .

I think you need to calm yourself down here a bit!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes on 15:00 - Jul 24 with 1578 viewshomer_123

Flynn Downes on 14:56 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Strong competition..... just the way it should be.

We may well have gone from a dearth of CM's/DM's to choose from to too much choice in one summer!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flynn Downes on 15:00 - Jul 24 with 1572 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Flynn Downes on 15:00 - Jul 24 by homer_123

We may well have gone from a dearth of CM's/DM's to choose from to too much choice in one summer!

Fingers crossed.

on 15:03 - Jul 24 with 1570 views_

Flynn Downes on 14:56 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 1554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 15:03 - Jul 24 by _

Makes it more frustrating that Hyam comes back with good performances, only to break down again.

This makes it a defining season for him, particularly has his contract is up at the end of it.

Flynn Downes on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 1551 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Flynn Downes on 14:57 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

He looks more old school, like a young Stuart Pearce - side parton, black boots, short sleeves, scar on cheek. If he has a tattoo it will be a rose saying Mum and Dad on his forearm

Hope so!!

Flynn Downes on 15:09 - Jul 24 with 1537 viewshomer_123

on 15:03 - Jul 24 by _

He looked liked he'd benefited from his loan spell when he came back.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flynn Downes on 15:12 - Jul 24 with 1516 viewsHarryWright

Flynn Downes on 14:25 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

I'd imagine that at the moment, he'll be behind Skuse, Adeyemi and Huws for a place...

Agreed at the moment but will they both be fit for the opening day of the season? Pretty sure Skuse, Huws, Dozzell, Bishop and Hyam are all injured so that would give Downes a chance if it stays that way on the opening day.
on 15:12 - Jul 24 with 1510 views_

Flynn Downes on 15:09 - Jul 24 by homer_123

He looked liked he'd benefited from his loan spell when he came back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024