Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunkirk - the film 18:03 - Jul 24 with 1712 viewsfactual_blue

It was ok ,but a bit implausible in places (the Spitfire gliding) and some needlessly shoddy bits (the railway carriage interior was 1960s or newer.

And there didn't appear to be enough men on the beach.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dunkirk - the film on 18:25 - Jul 24 with 1656 viewshermir10

Historical inaccuracies aside - lack of men on the beach, over emphasis on the 'little ships' - I thought it was a magnificent, moving film. For me, the aerial battles were the most compelling, but Mark Rylance was superb as the quietly determined, instinctively patriotic pleasure boat captain. Best of all was the superb score by Hans Zimmer: I was nearly in tears as the Spitfire came to rest. If you thought Saving Private Ryan was the best 'in the moment' depiction of warfare, think again after watching this.

danton
Blog: [Blog] Clough and Revie - Their Life and Their Conflict

Dunkirk - the film on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 1536 viewsnorth_stand77

Saw Dunkirk this morning in Bury. I thought It was absolutely stunning/ horrific and something everybody over the age of 12 should see.

A brilliant move by the makers to cast Harry Styles, and keep the censorship age at 12 so young people may be drawn to watch it and learn about this dreadful but triumphant part of our history.

The couple of anomalies aside already mentioned, I found it hard not to cry at times and it made me feel very grateful that we were born in a different time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024