Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greene King job 17:40 - Jul 25 with 9135 viewsBurwell_Blue

Has anyone on here worked or currently does work for Greene King?

There is a job at HQ going which if I apply for I will get. Just want to know know how the company is performing and what the vibe is.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 17:43]
Greene King job on 12:29 - Jul 26 with 1803 viewshype313

Greene King job on 12:18 - Jul 26 by No9

Wasn't there a college in Ipswich that was getting students to study Linux & other open source O/S & programmes?

Which should have given the area a lead

Until they finished the programme, then get offered double the money in London.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Greene King job on 12:29 - Jul 26 with 1804 viewsITFC1983

"If I apply for I will get"

Didn't realise HQ needed a pot man/woman?

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Greene King job on 12:39 - Jul 26 with 1790 viewsipswich78

Greene King job on 12:29 - Jul 26 by hype313

Until they finished the programme, then get offered double the money in London.

You'd need to more than double my money to get me to London! Believe it or not not everybody wants to live and work in or around London.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Greene King job on 12:51 - Jul 26 with 1778 viewsBurwell_Blue

Greene King job on 12:39 - Jul 26 by ipswich78

You'd need to more than double my money to get me to London! Believe it or not not everybody wants to live and work in or around London.

Exactly. I would rather be home before 6pm every night rather than live in London or commute from it.

There is a distinct lack of IT knowledge in EA and from my dealings with GK before I know that they have really struggled to get people in before.
Greene King job on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 1774 viewshype313

Greene King job on 12:39 - Jul 26 by ipswich78

Yes, but you are in the minority.

Whilst London isn't for me at my time of life I can see why someone embarking on a career would prefer London to Ipswich.

Greene King job on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 1743 viewsipswich78

Greene King job on 12:53 - Jul 26 by hype313

Yes, but you are in the minority.

Whilst London isn't for me at my time of life I can see why someone embarking on a career would prefer London to Ipswich.

I'm in the minority? I very much doubt that. So you're saying more than 50% of the population would want to live and work in London?

Greene King job on 14:06 - Jul 26 with 1734 viewschicoazul

Greene King job on 12:51 - Jul 26 by Burwell_Blue

Exactly. I would rather be home before 6pm every night rather than live in London or commute from it.

There is a distinct lack of IT knowledge in EA and from my dealings with GK before I know that they have really struggled to get people in before.

Pretty much all East Anglian companies have this problem. London is the dark star of the economy and drags everyone within a couple hours commute into it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Greene King job on 14:21 - Jul 26 with 1723 viewshype313

Greene King job on 13:54 - Jul 26 by ipswich78

I'm in the minority? I very much doubt that. So you're saying more than 50% of the population would want to live and work in London?

No I'm saying younger people would prefer to be in a buzzing capital as opposed to sleepy old Ipswich.

In a previous life I used to be in IT recruitment and trying to find .Net Devs, Java Devs, C# Devs etc for companies in Ipswich was nigh on impossible.

Login to get fewer ads

Greene King job on 14:24 - Jul 26 with 1719 viewsipswich78

Greene King job on 14:21 - Jul 26 by hype313

No I'm saying younger people would prefer to be in a buzzing capital as opposed to sleepy old Ipswich.

In a previous life I used to be in IT recruitment and trying to find .Net Devs, Java Devs, C# Devs etc for companies in Ipswich was nigh on impossible.

Okay, but I don't live in Ipswich. I think you'll find .net and C# developers weren't just in short supply around Ipswich... It was a lot further and wider than that.

There is still a shortage of IT skills across the country as a whole not specifically linked to East Anglia.

Greene King job on 14:25 - Jul 26 with 1714 viewshype313

Greene King job on 14:24 - Jul 26 by ipswich78

Okay, but I don't live in Ipswich. I think you'll find .net and C# developers weren't just in short supply around Ipswich... It was a lot further and wider than that.

There is still a shortage of IT skills across the country as a whole not specifically linked to East Anglia.

That particular set of skills is in short supply, but I used to find it a hell of a lot easier recruiting for companies in and around London and the M4 Corridor.

Greene King job on 23:19 - Jul 26 with 1648 viewsstonojnr

Greene King job on 19:08 - Jul 25 by EastTownBlue

The company appears to be doing very well.

Just don't ask the real ale sorts for their opinions of Greene King ....

nothing wrong with the beer they make at all, its their tied pubs side of the business where they are utterly ruthless and extracting every penny of profit out of a pub at the expense usually of the people trying to run it for them...and then people wonder why GK pubs can be such soulless places.
Greene King job on 23:54 - Jul 26 with 1634 viewsMelford

Greene King job on 23:19 - Jul 26 by stonojnr

nothing wrong with the beer they make at all, its their tied pubs side of the business where they are utterly ruthless and extracting every penny of profit out of a pub at the expense usually of the people trying to run it for them...and then people wonder why GK pubs can be such soulless places.

Not just the tied pubs. Their managed houses are run at a complete shoestring, wage budgets are so tight that everybody ends up working stupid hours, understaffed.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024