Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? 20:17 - Jul 25 with 9503 viewsElderGrizzly

Chambers and Webster starting the season in CD?
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:24 - Jul 25 with 8879 viewsJakeITFC

Think that's almost certainly going to be the case if he's fully fit.
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:25 - Jul 25 with 8845 viewsDubtractor

Chambers and Webster will give us MUCH more composure on the ball at the back than we've been used to.

Chambers got a lot of stick for his ball use at full back, but for a CB he is decent enough on the ball.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:26 - Jul 25 with 8839 viewsSteve_M

Some of us have been saying this since Saturday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 8757 viewsMullet

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:26 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:30 - Jul 25 with 8743 viewsbontcho

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:24 - Jul 25 by JakeITFC

Think that's almost certainly going to be the case if he's fully fit.

Is Iorfa a possibility? MM made it pretty clear he wanted him to play CB tonight.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:56 - Jul 25 with 8474 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:26 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

I've been saying it since last season :op

We don't need a left/right footer combo in CD. Webster is better option than Smith right now
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:01 - Jul 25 with 8403 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:30 - Jul 25 by bontcho

Is Iorfa a possibility? MM made it pretty clear he wanted him to play CB tonight.

Not on the left side for me. Back up on the RCB i'd assume
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 8317 viewsbraveblue

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:25 - Jul 25 by Dubtractor

Chambers and Webster will give us MUCH more composure on the ball at the back than we've been used to.

Chambers got a lot of stick for his ball use at full back, but for a CB he is decent enough on the ball.

Are you joking. Constant hoof or gives it away.
Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 8300 viewsJakeITFC

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:30 - Jul 25 by bontcho

I would be surprised if he's anything other than fourth choice CB, looks like a much more effective RB.
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:16 - Jul 25 with 8219 viewsSteve_M

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 20:56 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

I've been saying it since last season :op

We don't need a left/right footer combo in CD. Webster is better option than Smith right now

Yes, and if we want to pass more then he should play. Especially as Knudsen will start as first choice on left.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:56 - Jul 25 with 7986 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 21:16 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

Yes, and if we want to pass more then he should play. Especially as Knudsen will start as first choice on left.

Absolutely. The difference in our style of play from the back when Webster is in the team is night and day.

Hopefully Mick will stick with him, even if there are a few mistakes
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:02 - Jul 25 with 7960 viewsKeaneish

Match report does say he nearly gifted them a call with a poor headed clearance though. Seems that despite his ability, the clangers are still there.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:08 - Jul 25 with 7922 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:02 - Jul 25 by Keaneish

Match report does say he nearly gifted them a call with a poor headed clearance though. Seems that despite his ability, the clangers are still there.

More positives than negatives though, especially when comapred to Smith.

If we ever want to progress our style, we need players with ball playing ability of Webster, not the touchline finding ability of Smith.
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 7767 viewsKeaneish

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:08 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

More positives than negatives though, especially when comapred to Smith.

If we ever want to progress our style, we need players with ball playing ability of Webster, not the touchline finding ability of Smith.

Agreed but I was hoping Webster would sort out his inconsistencies not display them first game back. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:04 - Jul 25 with 7734 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:56 - Jul 25 by Keaneish

Agreed but I was hoping Webster would sort out his inconsistencies not display them first game back. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

So he makes one mistake in his first game in 6 months and you focus on that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:07 - Jul 25 with 7719 viewsSomethingBlue

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 22:56 - Jul 25 by Keaneish

I'm confused by this apparent new reality that Webster dropped a load of clangers last season. It isn't true. And I think I can handle a misplaced header in his first pre-season friendly. Chill out.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 23:07]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:19 - Jul 25 with 7668 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:07 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

I'm confused by this apparent new reality that Webster dropped a load of clangers last season. It isn't true. And I think I can handle a misplaced header in his first pre-season friendly. Chill out.

While it wasn't loads by any stretch, there were a few over the course of the season and he admitted his frustration after a couple in quick succession:

Webster Not Happy With Recent Form 6th Jan 2017 06:00
Town defender Adam Webster has admitted he is less than happy with his form going into tomorrow’s FA Cup third round date with non-league Lincoln at Portman Road. 2

But nothing you wouldn't expect from a young player stepping up a level or two and similarly one a little ring rusty after missing most of pre-season.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 08:22 - Jul 26 with 7447 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:07 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

There was a stage where he did 3 or 4 in consecutive games which either cost us a goal or should have (Wolves away, Norwich home around that time) - was when he was dropped by MMc before Smith got injured.

Hopefully it is something that just drifts away, because he is a hell of a player - but can't afford to give a glaring opportunity away every week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 09:31 - Jul 26 with 7359 viewshammo56

Thought Webster was a bit below par last night which is understandable as he has been out for so long. However, still think he will be our best centre-back once he is back to full match fitness.
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 10:37 - Jul 26 with 7257 viewsNo9

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 08:22 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

There was a stage where he did 3 or 4 in consecutive games which either cost us a goal or should have (Wolves away, Norwich home around that time) - was when he was dropped by MMc before Smith got injured.

Hopefully it is something that just drifts away, because he is a hell of a player - but can't afford to give a glaring opportunity away every week

Agreed, he can be a hell of a player for 80 minutes and give away two goals in 10 minutes.

He had two or three poor games just before his injury which did raise questions and it seemed he & Berra didn't hit it off too well although that impression was gained watching from the stands
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 10:46 - Jul 26 with 7234 viewschicoazul

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:19 - Jul 25 by PhilTWTD

While it wasn't loads by any stretch, there were a few over the course of the season and he admitted his frustration after a couple in quick succession:

Webster Not Happy With Recent Form 6th Jan 2017 06:00
Town defender Adam Webster has admitted he is less than happy with his form going into tomorrow’s FA Cup third round date with non-league Lincoln at Portman Road. 2

But nothing you wouldn't expect from a young player stepping up a level or two and similarly one a little ring rusty after missing most of pre-season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The entire defence had a collective brain fart last season, stemming in the main from Berra's total loss of form from December.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 10:48 - Jul 26 with 7225 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 10:37 - Jul 26 by No9

Agreed, he can be a hell of a player for 80 minutes and give away two goals in 10 minutes.

He had two or three poor games just before his injury which did raise questions and it seemed he & Berra didn't hit it off too well although that impression was gained watching from the stands

Berra moaned atmost of the defence last season. In fact Chambers is on record saying winding him up made him play better
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 7194 viewsNo9

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 10:48 - Jul 26 by ElderGrizzly

Berra moaned atmost of the defence last season. In fact Chambers is on record saying winding him up made him play better

Berra was on the end of several bollickings from the skipper last season and toward the end, from the dug-out also.
Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 11:05 - Jul 26 with 7183 viewshype313

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 08:22 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

To be fair he did have a few clangers last year, and the problem with making a clanger whilst in defence that in invariably leads to a goal which sticks in peoples minds.

But David Luiz has made some shocking decisions on the pitch over the past few years but he has now cemented his place in Chelsea's defence, and is taking over from Terry for the next few years.

Think we will have to accept the odd clanger in return for some quality at the back and for him to gain experience.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 11:18 - Jul 26 with 7165 viewsKeaneish

Sounds like Webster is performing well tonight - Berra's replacement at LCB? on 23:04 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

So he makes one mistake in his first game in 6 months and you focus on that.

No mate, its just calling it as it is. Its mistakes that he needs to cut out of his game to be the best and to push us up the league. We're thread bear in defence and anyone not up to the top of the game is going to weaken our defence considerably.

We all know he's a real talent but if he can't cut out inconsistencies, we'll lose games as per last season. See other notes in the thread from those corroborating my point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024