Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable 22:02 - Jul 25 with 5178 viewsSimonds92

difference, something to encourage you and be convinced to change their mind and renew? Was fairly disappointed in all honesty, same old.
The lack of long balls..... on 22:11 - Jul 25 with 5051 viewsBloots

....was noticeable.

Thought Rowe in particular looked positive from an attacking point of view and Celina has a touch of class.

Iorfa looked far better while he was playing at full back than in the middle.

Difficult to read much else into it, given the starting 11.

To say it was disappointing is a little odd.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 22:13 - Jul 25 with 5021 viewsVic

Bart not used I see.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The lack of long balls..... on 22:19 - Jul 25 with 4927 viewsSimonds92

The lack of long balls..... on 22:11 - Jul 25 by Bloots

....was noticeable.

Thought Rowe in particular looked positive from an attacking point of view and Celina has a touch of class.

It is disappointing purely because of our approach to the game. Again we have no pattern of play and it's difficult to see how we want to play. Il agree that Rowe was a standout, Garner looks a huge improvement on Pitman. Celina looked incredible for 2 minutes of the game but after that was non-existent but I fully expect that to be the case, that's how Lawrence played for a long spell at the beginning of the season and I think he will turn out to be a good signing. As I say I'm just disappointed we still don't play with any identity.
The lack of long balls..... on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 4713 viewsSWGF

The lack of long balls..... on 22:19 - Jul 25 by Simonds92

It is disappointing purely because of our approach to the game. Again we have no pattern of play and it's difficult to see how we want to play. Il agree that Rowe was a standout, Garner looks a huge improvement on Pitman. Celina looked incredible for 2 minutes of the game but after that was non-existent but I fully expect that to be the case, that's how Lawrence played for a long spell at the beginning of the season and I think he will turn out to be a good signing. As I say I'm just disappointed we still don't play with any identity.

I agree with what I saw at Gillingham but tonight I thought we were better. Much is going to depend on how Garner and McG combine, how soon Celina gets up to speed and how quickly Huws gets fit.

We've been playing with Adam McDonell and Kevin Bru in central midfield for large parts, from where we'd look to dictate play so need to temper things with that in mind. But God knows what the central two are going to be a week on Saturday.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 22:50 - Jul 25 with 4648 viewsArnieM

The problem was Town started tonight's game , as they finished the Gillingham game, olaying largely academy players. This is why the passing game was not so evident. The First framers didn't really come on until the last 25 mins if the game.

There will be a significant difference in style and entertainment come the the Birmingham game, and I think we will be entertained far more than we have done in the last 3 seasons under MM.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 07:40 - Jul 26 with 4231 viewsSteve_M

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 22:13 - Jul 25 by Vic

Bart not used I see.

He played the full match on Saturday so I would presume this was just giving Gerken 90 minutes as well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 08:00 - Jul 26 with 4171 viewschristiand

Did anyone else go to the game tonight hoping to see a noticeable on 07:40 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

He played the full match on Saturday so I would presume this was just giving Gerken 90 minutes as well.

Nothing in that, I'd have been more concerned if Bart had started against Colchester. We'll probably have a better idea of MM's starting XI for the league against Charlton on Saturday, Bart will be in goal.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The lack of long balls..... on 08:13 - Jul 26 with 4131 viewsitfcjoe

The lack of long balls..... on 22:44 - Jul 25 by SWGF

I agree with what I saw at Gillingham but tonight I thought we were better. Much is going to depend on how Garner and McG combine, how soon Celina gets up to speed and how quickly Huws gets fit.

We've been playing with Adam McDonell and Kevin Bru in central midfield for large parts, from where we'd look to dictate play so need to temper things with that in mind. But God knows what the central two are going to be a week on Saturday.

Sound sbetter then last night, I didn't make the trip. Central midfield is a huge concern - looks like it will end up being Skuse and Downes currently.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

The lack of long balls..... on 08:27 - Jul 26 with 4083 viewsKieranMcKenna1

The lack of long balls..... on 08:13 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

Sound sbetter then last night, I didn't make the trip. Central midfield is a huge concern - looks like it will end up being Skuse and Downes currently.

Mick can always move Ward into the middle then play Danny Rowe Rm.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

The lack of long balls..... on 15:30 - Jul 26 with 3854 viewsSwn98

The lack of long balls..... on 22:11 - Jul 25 by Bloots

....was noticeable.

Some people will find a negative out of anything.
The lack of long balls..... on 15:34 - Jul 26 with 3836 viewsSwn98

The lack of long balls..... on 22:19 - Jul 25 by Simonds92

Considering the starting 11 and to less extent the finishing 11 bore little or no resemblance to the team that will start sat week i think your criticism a little unfair.
The lack of long balls..... on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 3728 viewsFreddies_Ears

The lack of long balls..... on 08:13 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

I'd be happy with Skuse and Downes, at least until others are fit.

Our front 2 / 3 / 4 are really moving the ball better, but still a way to go before we're prolific up front. Garner's heading ability is superb (not in a route 1 way, but in a scoring goals way).

If we carry on like this, we're going to have a lot of entertainment seeing Smith and Webster pass the ball out of defence under pressure. It can't be learnt overnight, though they are improving!
The lack of long balls..... on 17:12 - Jul 26 with 3645 viewshoppy

The lack of long balls..... on 16:40 - Jul 26 by Freddies_Ears

I'd be happy with Skuse and Downes, at least until others are fit.

Our front 2 / 3 / 4 are really moving the ball better, but still a way to go before we're prolific up front. Garner's heading ability is superb (not in a route 1 way, but in a scoring goals way).

If we carry on like this, we're going to have a lot of entertainment seeing Smith and Webster pass the ball out of defence under pressure. It can't be learnt overnight, though they are improving!

I saw Garner for the first time last night, and I thought there was something not dissimiar to Alun Armstrong there (and doesn't look too dissimilar to him either, as it happens) - looked as though he could be a handful for defences, and certainly took his header well for the goal.

I also liked the look of Rowe last night, as well as a few others that I wasn't very familiar with at all, so couldn't say who, to be honest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The lack of long balls..... on 18:19 - Jul 26 with 3566 viewsPilgrimblue

The lack of long balls..... on 17:12 - Jul 26 by hoppy

I saw Garner for the first time last night, and I thought there was something not dissimiar to Alun Armstrong there (and doesn't look too dissimilar to him either, as it happens) - looked as though he could be a handful for defences, and certainly took his header well for the goal.

I also liked the look of Rowe last night, as well as a few others that I wasn't very familiar with at all, so couldn't say who, to be honest.

Same for me and thought Garner was better than I'd been expecting. Also Rowe looks a real handful (despite playing on small pitch where he had less room) and would play him on RM with Iorfa behind him at RB as thought Spence was poor.
As for central mid, Downes looked very comfortable and didn't put a foot wrong, passing long short forwards backwards and almost setting up chance for Garner late on! But don't expect MM to drop Skuse so half hoping he's not fit!! Who else I guess depends on fitness.
Unless MM gets a no. 9 he'll go with Dizzy and Garner so would have Celina just behind them as I thought he's wasted out wide.
But overall the team did keep the ball on the ground and bossed the game in second half.
The lack of long balls..... on 05:36 - Jul 27 with 3362 viewsCurrie10

The lack of long balls..... on 08:27 - Jul 26 by KieranMcKenna1

Mick can always move Ward into the middle then play Danny Rowe Rm.

Ward won't play central all season long in a 4-4-2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024