Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An awful insight to our club's plight 22:33 - Jul 25 with 22423 viewsunstableblue

I had the chance to spend the day with a early 20s rabid Bristol City fan through work.

Lovely guy, reminds me of my 20 something self in that despite having an exciting life in Brixton he makes the pilgrimage to Ashton Gate for home games. For example he was missing a party on Friday and taking half a day holiday just to go and see them play FC Twente.

Anyway I revealed my Town fan support, AND THEN IT CAME. This awful negative view of Ipswich as a team and club.

Because you see he doesn't know the Ipswich under Robson, or Burley. Or perhaps even Royle and Magilton. He just know the dirge that is McCarthy.

"Arghhh I hate Ipswich, they play awful stuff and the games are terrible!!", "so boring, long ball", "you had that good season a few seasons back, but it's been poor" "are you the longest serving team in the championship?!"

It just really struck me how low we have sunk, and how so many on here have lowered there standards that they somehow justify the depths we have plummeted.

Yes I know as always I'm being dramatic, and indeed I had been sucked into some of that pre-season blue goggle wearing, but we need to sign 2 BIG players and mick just HAS TO CONSISTENTLY IMPROVE THE STYLE!!!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:38 - Jul 25 with 10964 viewsJ2BLUE

Insight? Stating the obvious. We all know we're seen as unfashionable and boring.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:40 - Jul 25 with 10934 viewsTheBlueBarca

Most fans think we're a rubbish team and a club with no hope or prospects.Most people are right as things stand. The Ramsay era was a lifetime ago, Robson era is getting that way and the Burley boom was nearly 20 years ago now.

What's to celebrate? We play dire football, have a loathsome owner who seems to get away with putting less into the club year on year and the fans just accept it. We're just waiting to drop.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 10876 viewsArnieM

Well based on the pre season games I've seen, and the developing team this summer, I think we will be surprising quite a few Teams this season. Town for the most part are now playing them ball on the floor, in neat little triangles. Pass and move, pass and move. Movement off the ball, several players making forward, angled runs. It seems a million miles from the old McCarthy style of the last 4 seasons. I think we will be by and large in for a bit of a treat. That doesn't mean we won't play games with a mixture of long ball approach.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:45 - Jul 25 with 10853 viewsJakeITFC

Not exactly insight, that.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:46 - Jul 25 with 10828 viewsunstableblue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:40 - Jul 25 by TheBlueBarca

Most fans think we're a rubbish team and a club with no hope or prospects.Most people are right as things stand. The Ramsay era was a lifetime ago, Robson era is getting that way and the Burley boom was nearly 20 years ago now.

What's to celebrate? We play dire football, have a loathsome owner who seems to get away with putting less into the club year on year and the fans just accept it. We're just waiting to drop.

I think it was just hearing it laid bare, by a guy who clearly know and loves his football.

I guess all those petty battles on here with those who rabidly support Mick, and state 'the football ain't that bad' - when clearly it is sub-standard sh!t.

I'm embarrassed at the apathy of the fans.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:48 - Jul 25 with 10803 viewsunstableblue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:44 - Jul 25 by ArnieM

Well based on the pre season games I've seen, and the developing team this summer, I think we will be surprising quite a few Teams this season. Town for the most part are now playing them ball on the floor, in neat little triangles. Pass and move, pass and move. Movement off the ball, several players making forward, angled runs. It seems a million miles from the old McCarthy style of the last 4 seasons. I think we will be by and large in for a bit of a treat. That doesn't mean we won't play games with a mixture of long ball approach.

God I hope you're right.. it's what we want and desperately need.

Can't see it myself.

Once a Dino and all that.

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:51 - Jul 25 with 10765 viewsnshearman1

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:45 - Jul 25 by JakeITFC

Not exactly insight, that.

It is, inevitable, that we will look forward to the season with optimism but the truth is we're seen as sh**e under MM. There is a lot to prove on every front in this critical season.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:53 - Jul 25 with 10736 viewsSomethingBlue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:48 - Jul 25 by unstableblue

God I hope you're right.. it's what we want and desperately need.

Can't see it myself.

Once a Dino and all that.

Why would Pep Guardiola sanction the loaning of a young player he rates to a "Dino"? Bit of a risk eh. And are you saying Town aren't passing it about in pre-season?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:53 - Jul 25 with 10737 viewsMach_foreignBlue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:40 - Jul 25 by TheBlueBarca

Exactly. We have the pest as an owner and this summer is no different to the previous ones. No significant investment to make us progressive, better and stronger.

And you say fans accept it therefore he'll never ever find an easier environment in football. Just smashing, easy going Ipswich fanbase who will be walking around with his name on their blue shirts.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 23:04 - Jul 25 with 10609 viewsStNeotsBlue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:53 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

Why would Pep Guardiola sanction the loaning of a young player he rates to a "Dino"? Bit of a risk eh. And are you saying Town aren't passing it about in pre-season?

From the little I've seen pre-season (Posh game) we do seem to be trying to play a bit more, which is a good thing. But for the last couple of seasons we've generally treated the ball as an enemy so I can understand why fans of other clubs aren't gushing about our style of play, hopefully this season will see us being a bit more proactive and ultimately successful.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 23:14 - Jul 25 with 10538 viewsbournemouthblue

We have had one good season in recent years compared to Brizzle's zero good seasons

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

An awful insight to our club's plight on 23:30 - Jul 25 with 10464 viewsronnyd

At least Brizzle got a decent pre season friendly in FC Twente.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 00:59 - Jul 26 with 10285 viewsTheBlueBarca

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:44 - Jul 25 by ArnieM

I think your view is opposite mine. Garner looks to be a good signing, so I was wrong about that one BUT who do we play him with, Sears is falling away like he did at Spam and is almost a non-player now, Didz is what he is, flashes of greatness but thats that.

Midfield is piss poor with no creativity, it's probably looking worse than it has done for years now Lawrence has gone. Even tonight a lot of route one stuff was being played. Why? SImple, no midfield worth playing through, just four additional defenders in most cases!

As for the defence, it was better tonight but a few of the seniors were a shambles against Gillingham. It's all very well battering league of Ireland sides, but we've looked largely poor against teams in the league below us. It's a big concern.

We finished 4 points off relegation last season. That was just a win and a draw away from the drop. If I were Evans, alarm bells would be ringing and I would have invested heavily in staying up this year. But again, despite the bluster, he hasn't. Garner was a cheap signing but 2017 standards, the rest have been freebies and loans again. Can Mick keep us up for a further season? I guess we'll find out, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 02:27 - Jul 26 with 10209 viewscaught-in-limbo

Really hoping for something different this year.

I suspect, however it'll be a case of:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

An awful insight to our club's plight on 02:33 - Jul 26 with 10206 viewsIllinoisblue

Not having that from a fooking Bristol City fan. Nope. Not having it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 03:20 - Jul 26 with 10172 viewsCurrie10

An awful insight to our club's plight on 22:51 - Jul 25 by nshearman1

It is, inevitable, that we will look forward to the season with optimism but the truth is we're seen as sh**e under MM. There is a lot to prove on every front in this critical season.

To be bluntly honest I couldn't give two hoots if other fans view us as that.

Like or hate Mick, he's the most successful manager since Royle. He hasn't had the budget the three previous ' managers ' did yet he scraped a team with Tabb / Skuse and Anderson in the same midfield to a top 6 finish. Loved going to games that season. Season after barring injury to Dids / Bish and Fraser again we'd have been top 6.

Give Mick some dosh and we'd do alright me thinks. We cannot play pretty footy on this budget.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 03:27 - Jul 26 with 10173 viewsHipsterectomy

This is rubbish TBH. At some points last season it seemed like the football media and general football support turned on us for being anti MM. Talking about how rubbish our squad was, no investment, all these years in the division and how we would never get a manager as good as MM. To say that our style is mocked may be true but to imply that the majority of football fans think we should lose MM is just stupidity.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 3:36]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:27 - Jul 26 with 10101 viewsBenters

3000 people in 2 seasons wouldnt have handed their season tickets in if we were more pleasing on the eye.

End of.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:49 - Jul 26 with 10072 viewsbrogansnose

Personnally, I'd have got the young scrote by the throat and asked him wtf have Bristol Nowhere have ever done.

We know full well what we are.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:55 - Jul 26 with 10052 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:49 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

Personnally, I'd have got the young scrote by the throat and asked him wtf have Bristol Nowhere have ever done.

We know full well what we are.

Bully !

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:00 - Jul 26 with 10046 viewsbrogansnose

An awful insight to our club's plight on 05:55 - Jul 26 by Benters

Bully !

The boy may well have a point and we may well be seen as the new chuffin Watford but I'm not having it.

I am indeed a bully.

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:02 - Jul 26 with 10036 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:00 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

The boy may well have a point and we may well be seen as the new chuffin Watford but I'm not having it.

I am indeed a bully.

We are piss poor to watch though.

We put four passes together in a match and St.MM has turned a corner and adopted a new playing style!

Fancy a football team trying to play football.

Gentlybentley

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:08 - Jul 26 with 10027 viewsbrogansnose

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:02 - Jul 26 by Benters

We put four passes together in a match and St.MM has turned a corner and adopted a new playing style!

Yeah, we are what we are, however, there's a lot of other clubs in this league who are very similiar and you've only got to read Harry's notes to see how other teams fans moan about style, defensiveness.

Anyway, I wouldn't take if from some nomark apple muncher who were even worse than us last season.
An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:14 - Jul 26 with 10003 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:02 - Jul 26 by Benters

The football ain't great.

But it's no worse than half of the teams in the league

Sometimes it's brilliant, often it isn't. When we are good though (Newcastle at home, Leeds at home, reading at home, Sheffield Wednesday away), we play some of the best football. But when we are bad, it's some of the worst football.

But hey, life goes on. And I'm absolutely buzzing for the new season. I can't wait for it. 10 days Benters. 10 DAYS!!!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:19 - Jul 26 with 9985 viewsBenters

An awful insight to our club's plight on 06:08 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

Yeah, we are what we are, however, there's a lot of other clubs in this league who are very similiar and you've only got to read Harry's notes to see how other teams fans moan about style, defensiveness.

Anyway, I wouldn't take if from some nomark apple muncher who were even worse than us last season.

Funny that as i reckon last season we were the most boring team to watch in the league.

Balls.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024