Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few brief points from this evening 22:33 - Jul 25 with 3623 viewsSWGF

There was a concerted effort to play the ball on the floor.

Kenlock needs to play ahead of Knudsen if we want to play from the back. They're like chalk and cheese. Celina and MK combined well on a couple of occasions. Knudsen noticeably struggled with the ball at his feet.

Without Garner up front, we'll have little impact. He's a bloody pest (and will get sent off at least twice this season). Linked nicely with McG on occasion. Won his headers. Left his foot in on numerous occasions.

McGoldrick needs to be told to play up front. He was rightback at times.

Spence has a fight on his hands. Thought Iorfa looked good at CB and RB.

Rowe nice and direct. Think he'll be an impact sub to start with. Can't see MM unleashing both him and Celina on the wings.

McCarthy needs to learn the Albanian/Norwegian for "focking run down there!" otherwise he's going to shout himself hoarse very quickly.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 22:39]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A few brief points from this evening on 07:42 - Jul 26 with 3154 viewsSteve_M

Better and with a bit more purpose than Saturday then? Was Kenlock any more secure defensively?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A few brief points from this evening on 08:06 - Jul 26 with 3075 viewschristiand

A few brief points from this evening on 07:42 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

Better and with a bit more purpose than Saturday then? Was Kenlock any more secure defensively?

Knudsen will start ahead of Kenlock I feel. Both Spence and Kenlock are good going forwards, but not as strong defensively, which will leave us exposed in the wide areas. I really hope MM starts with Rowe and Celina on the wings. Rowe seems like he has comeback from the summer raring to go and has built on his good display against Forest at the end of last season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A few brief points from this evening on 08:07 - Jul 26 with 3062 viewsSteve_M

A few brief points from this evening on 08:06 - Jul 26 by christiand

Knudsen will start ahead of Kenlock I feel. Both Spence and Kenlock are good going forwards, but not as strong defensively, which will leave us exposed in the wide areas. I really hope MM starts with Rowe and Celina on the wings. Rowe seems like he has comeback from the summer raring to go and has built on his good display against Forest at the end of last season.

I suspect the weakness in the middle will probably see Ward and Celina start out wide, although if it were Skuse and Downes in the middle then we might have more leeway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A few brief points from this evening on 08:15 - Jul 26 with 3012 viewschristiand

A few brief points from this evening on 08:07 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

I suspect the weakness in the middle will probably see Ward and Celina start out wide, although if it were Skuse and Downes in the middle then we might have more leeway.

Downes certainly hasn't done his chances any harm. I keep forgetting about Ward. MM does prefer to go with the tried and tested regarding team selection. If he still has any lingering doubts about Downes, due to his youthfulness, perhaps Ward can play centrally with Skuse? Playing Celina and Rowe on the flanks would really make a positive statement of intent for me.

A few brief points from this evening on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 3001 viewsSWGF

A few brief points from this evening on 07:42 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

More purpose once Garner came on. Not much before then due to old failings of one of our centre forwards dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball, leaving Morris by himself.

To be honest, Col U didn't threat much so didn't put MK under much pressure and second half their main attacks were down the other side.

The ball bumbling and bouncing around Knudsen's feet while his team mates waited for him to get it under control was enough, for me, to give Kenlock the start (altho I think it'll be JK that does).
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 9:09]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

A few brief points from this evening on 08:23 - Jul 26 with 2962 viewsSWGF

A few brief points from this evening on 08:15 - Jul 26 by christiand

Downes certainly hasn't done his chances any harm. I keep forgetting about Ward. MM does prefer to go with the tried and tested regarding team selection. If he still has any lingering doubts about Downes, due to his youthfulness, perhaps Ward can play centrally with Skuse? Playing Celina and Rowe on the flanks would really make a positive statement of intent for me.

I reckon Ward will start wide, not sure he's good enough to start in a central midfield two but OK in a three.

Can't see McCarthy throwing both untried and untested (in the Championship) wingers in from the start.

A few brief points from this evening on 08:30 - Jul 26 with 2923 viewsitfcjoe

A few brief points from this evening on 08:17 - Jul 26 by SWGF

More purpose once Garner came on. Not much before then due to old failings of one of our centre forwards dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball, leaving Morris by himself.

To be honest, Col U didn't threat much so didn't put MK under much pressure and second half their main attacks were down the other side.

The ball bumbling and bouncing around Knudsen's feet while his team mates waited for him to get it under control was enough, for me, to give Kenlock the start (altho I think it'll be JK that does).

Whenever I watch our left backs it is always the one not playing who I think should be starting - that's never a good sign.

It might sound silly, but I'd persist with Nydam there at the moment and try and give him opportunities - I think he could be a better, more balanced, left back than both of them quite quickly. He's too far down the pecking order at CM and he's too good to hold back.

Would guess the team that lines up at Charlton will be what we expect to see against birmingham - and I'd expect to see Kenlock in there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A few brief points from this evening on 09:08 - Jul 26 with 2792 viewshype313

A few brief points from this evening on 08:17 - Jul 26 by SWGF

Mick needs to have a word with McGoldrick about his constant dropping far too deep, appreciate over the past few years he had no choice because our midfield was abject, but now we have some quality he needs to stay up top to give them an outlet.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

A few brief points from this evening on 09:12 - Jul 26 with 2762 viewsSWGF

A few brief points from this evening on 09:08 - Jul 26 by hype313

Mick needs to have a word with McGoldrick about his constant dropping far too deep, appreciate over the past few years he had no choice because our midfield was abject, but now we have some quality he needs to stay up top to give them an outlet.

Said to my mate last night, he's playing "between the lines", it's just that it was the *wrong* lines. He was between our defence and midfield rather than the opposition's! Needs to do his damage in the final third, not pick the ball off the defence. There are others to do that job.

Need to see how Huws/Adeyemi break from midfield as if McG does drop deep, they could (in theory) fill the gap but it'd be nice to have them all in the opposition box.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 9:54]

A few brief points from this evening on 09:17 - Jul 26 with 2734 viewschristiand

A few brief points from this evening on 09:12 - Jul 26 by SWGF

Said to my mate last night, he's playing "between the lines", it's just that it was the *wrong* lines. He was between our defence and midfield rather than the opposition's! Needs to do his damage in the final third, not pick the ball off the defence. There are others to do that job.

Need to see how Huws/Adeyemi break from midfield as if McG does drop deep, they could (in theory) fill the gap but it'd be nice to have them all in the opposition box.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 9:54]

I would tell McGoldrick, 'stay up the pitch we don't need you back.'

A few brief points from this evening on 18:53 - Jul 26 with 2520 viewsPilgrimblue

A few brief points from this evening on 09:17 - Jul 26 by christiand

I would tell McGoldrick, 'stay up the pitch we don't need you back.'

Perhaps MM will play Didzy in attack and tell him to stay up!

The trouble with midfield is that the two we'd expect aren't fit so based purely on last nights game I'd go for Rowe/Ward/Downes/Celina. Rowe is much better crosser than Ward who could develop into a good attacking mid or at least hold position until others are fit.
Somehow though I expect MM to use Rowe to make impact from bench esp as defenders tire. Celina needs plenty of good service so I wouldn't pick JK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024