Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea 05:05 - Jul 26 with 1764 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40713992

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 07:29 - Jul 26 with 1675 views_

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 07:30 - Jul 26 with 1669 viewsBenters

on 07:29 - Jul 26 by _

Morse country innit.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 07:35 - Jul 26 with 1653 viewsgtsb1966

I can see the councils point. They've just gone about it the wrong way.
on 07:54 - Jul 26 with 1629 views_

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 07:35 - Jul 26 by gtsb1966

I can see the councils point. They've just gone about it the wrong way.

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 08:04 - Jul 26 with 1620 viewsTLA

I think that's shameful.

There are increasing numbers of homeless people and it's governments that should be fined for creating a society that people can't have a home in.

I feel the same about food banks - they are really helpful to people but are a stain on a society in which they are required.

When the issue of homelessness comes up, I always suggest that people read 'Stuart, A Life Backwards', by Alexander Masters, or watch the very good film of the book with Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy.
Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 08:15 - Jul 26 with 1603 viewsfactual_blue

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 07:30 - Jul 26 by Benters

Morse country innit.

I've had a brilliant idea about where Oxford City Council could send 'em...........

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Oxford Council win the award for most ridiculous idea on 12:42 - Jul 27 with 1464 viewsRobTheMonk

I know that homeless guy in the article. He regularly plays his guitar - got a great voice on him. There has been more noticeable homeless people on the streets but it's ludicrous to potentially charge someone that amount for sleeping rough.

Me and my friend regularly chat the the homeless folk when we've had a few bevvies. There's obvious mental health issues with some of them. There's a bunch like Neo who are sound - Neo is interesting though - I seem to remember him saying that he's 'voluntarily' homeless. His songs are all about being a travelling man. Another guy called Steve plays the guitar and sings as well - real gravelly voice but nice guy. Always appreciates some food. There's a few who are dodgy but you get to know who's who. There was a dog that used to get passed around called Marley who was one of the coolest dogs ever.

In conclusion - stupid idea. Need to sort the route if the issue out as why people are homeless rather than charging them for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024