Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
08:01 - Jul 26 with 10789 views_

Fitness advice... on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 2084 viewsitfcjoe

Fitness advice... on 10:52 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

I ran up Cliff Lane hill twice yesterday, killed me!

If you don't put it on Strava it doesn't count....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fitness advice... on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 2058 viewsDeano69

Fitness advice... on 11:02 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

If you don't put it on Strava it doesn't count....

is Endemondo still around?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Fitness advice... on 11:30 - Jul 26 with 2054 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 11:24 - Jul 26 by Deano69

is Endemondo still around?

Yeah it is still going, it syncs with my Garmin Vivosmart thing

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Fitness advice... on 11:31 - Jul 26 with 2053 viewsMullet

Fitness advice... on 11:01 - Jul 26 by TIB

BCAA's work well, especially for recovery after high cardio workouts, although you can use them pre-workout also. Essentially they help the muscles recover quicker / stop muscle breakdown and I really noticed a difference when I started using them, specifically the morning after a workout as I wouldn't be anywhere near as sore, achey or tired.

Whey protein is another supplement, possibly one that is most associated with bodybuilding and getting hench...that said, it can be used in weight loss and as a way of maintaining muscle mass when you are doing lots of cardio / cutting. I've gone from 15.4 to 14.4. over the last 5 weeks using a high protein diet with a shake mid-afternoon which suppresses any hunger and prepares me for an early evening workout. Depending on my meal post-workout I may have another shake.

There is lots out there though, MyProtein have a really good range and their website is good for directing you towards products that match what you are looking to do i.e. Gain Muscle Mass, Lose Weight etc. They've also got a 65% sale on at present so I'll be doing an order tonight.

By no means am I some mega athlete / body-builder but working alongside a really top-notch personal trainer I've learned a thing or two. I'm back in the zone now though...hitting 15.4 was my wake-up call...I wasn't fat as such. but being quite top-heavy naturally, with added muscle + beer 4-5 nights a week I wasn't happy so I've had to cut my weight down but try and keep strength and at the minute I'm on point...

My biggest learning is that beer in the week is bad and finding healthy but fulfilling foods is key to maintaining any sort of fitness journey...carrots and low fat hummus being this weeks fix

Protein and creatine are the ones with any real science behind them.

Although I've started back on BCAA's this week as I'm doing a lot more wrestling and no gi and they do help a bit.

Libby

I'd suggest tc's shout of kettlebells is the best bet too. Although there are millions of calisthenics you can do. Just getting out a yoga mat or finding some lino floor and putting out as many squats, press ups and leg raises as you can do in 10-15 mins is a killer way to start.

Also google Tabata and find something simple that works. It's the original HIIT and much better for you in my experience as some of these trainers put in weird and wonderful injury inducing stuff to make their product unique and hope it sells more.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fitness advice... on 11:32 - Jul 26 with 2049 viewsDeano69

Fitness advice... on 11:30 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

Yeah it is still going, it syncs with my Garmin Vivosmart thing

Used to use it years ago, however it used to eat iphone battery like no tomorrow and then they started blasting ads on everything. Shame, was a really good app in its day.

Fitness advice... on 11:35 - Jul 26 with 2039 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 11:32 - Jul 26 by Deano69

Used to use it years ago, however it used to eat iphone battery like no tomorrow and then they started blasting ads on everything. Shame, was a really good app in its day.

Before the ads it was certainly a brilliant app.

My Vivosmart thing went into meltdown the other day when I went to the crossfit gym
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 11:36]

Fitness advice... on 11:38 - Jul 26 with 2033 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 11:31 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Protein and creatine are the ones with any real science behind them.

Although I've started back on BCAA's this week as I'm doing a lot more wrestling and no gi and they do help a bit.

Libby

I'd suggest tc's shout of kettlebells is the best bet too. Although there are millions of calisthenics you can do. Just getting out a yoga mat or finding some lino floor and putting out as many squats, press ups and leg raises as you can do in 10-15 mins is a killer way to start.

Also google Tabata and find something simple that works. It's the original HIIT and much better for you in my experience as some of these trainers put in weird and wonderful injury inducing stuff to make their product unique and hope it sells more.

I started on BCAA's as I was training on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

I don't drink tea or coffee, I started using a thermogenic and the buzz off that was unreal.

Fitness advice... on 11:44 - Jul 26 with 2023 viewsMullet

Fitness advice... on 11:38 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

I started on BCAA's as I was training on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

I don't drink tea or coffee, I started using a thermogenic and the buzz off that was unreal.

I don't like thermos personally but then I've been pretty lean until I did my ankle in February, for over 5 years.

Then again I mostly shift water weight which is a whole different ball game.

Apart from a decent multivitamin, most people don't really need much. Even whey is more for convenience I'm finding these days. I take a joint supplement but that's as much a precaution as anything else as I spend most days having someone hanging off a limb or a neck trying to make it break.

Login to get fewer ads

Fitness advice... on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 2010 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 11:44 - Jul 26 by Mullet

I don't like thermos personally but then I've been pretty lean until I did my ankle in February, for over 5 years.

Then again I mostly shift water weight which is a whole different ball game.

Apart from a decent multivitamin, most people don't really need much. Even whey is more for convenience I'm finding these days. I take a joint supplement but that's as much a precaution as anything else as I spend most days having someone hanging off a limb or a neck trying to make it break.

My weight fluctuates by about 10kgs quite easily through the year.

I think I am going to have to start prepping meals on a Sunday to have through the week otherwise I find it quite easy to say "let's go out to a restaurant".

Fitness advice... on 11:54 - Jul 26 with 2008 viewsMullet

Fitness advice... on 11:51 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

My weight fluctuates by about 10kgs quite easily through the year.

I think I am going to have to start prepping meals on a Sunday to have through the week otherwise I find it quite easy to say "let's go out to a restaurant".

Yeah as dull as it is, (especially when all over Facebook etc) meal prep is king. Did you manage to get much done in your cabin gym in the end?

Fitness advice... on 11:58 - Jul 26 with 2000 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 11:54 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Yeah as dull as it is, (especially when all over Facebook etc) meal prep is king. Did you manage to get much done in your cabin gym in the end?

Yeah I managed to shift another 1.5 kilos.

It all tailed off a bit towards the end of the trip. I have been going pretty regularly since I have been home, which is why I think I haven't put on as much weight as I normally do.

I only have 8 friends on Fakebook, so I don't see much about meal prepping on there. I imagine it is all self congratulatory stuff?

At the end of the day it isn't hard to come up with different healthy meals, I reckon preparing in advance is quite easy. A rice cooker with a steamer will make light work of rice and veg.

Got an meal prepping tips?

Fitness advice... on 13:20 - Jul 26 with 1979 viewsMullet

Fitness advice... on 11:58 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

Yeah I managed to shift another 1.5 kilos.

It all tailed off a bit towards the end of the trip. I have been going pretty regularly since I have been home, which is why I think I haven't put on as much weight as I normally do.

I only have 8 friends on Fakebook, so I don't see much about meal prepping on there. I imagine it is all self congratulatory stuff?

At the end of the day it isn't hard to come up with different healthy meals, I reckon preparing in advance is quite easy. A rice cooker with a steamer will make light work of rice and veg.

Got an meal prepping tips?

I cook in batches because I have little time during term. Big pots of curry sauce divvied up and frozen for future use, make all sorts from it. Lots of slow cooker stuff, or get 8 pieces of chicken and tray bake it.

Make up enough rice for 2-3 days to avoid food poisoning etc. Stir fry veggies every couple of days and just assemble the night before etc.

Fitness advice... on 13:27 - Jul 26 with 1974 viewsDeano69

Fitness advice... on 11:35 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

Before the ads it was certainly a brilliant app.

My Vivosmart thing went into meltdown the other day when I went to the crossfit gym
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 11:36]

As it should!!

Hows it going?

Fitness advice... on 15:30 - Jul 26 with 1943 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 13:27 - Jul 26 by Deano69

As it should!!

Hows it going?

Not bad. I am down in Suffolk this weekend so will get a day pass for a gym down there.

Had a bug off the boy the last few days so have taken it easy.

I'll certainly train differently next time I am away.

Fitness advice... on 17:54 - Jul 26 with 1923 viewsDeano69

Fitness advice... on 15:30 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

Not bad. I am down in Suffolk this weekend so will get a day pass for a gym down there.

Had a bug off the boy the last few days so have taken it easy.

I'll certainly train differently next time I am away.

Shame you weren't here last weekend, it was the Suffolk Games

http://www.suffolkgames.co.uk/

(not that i compete)

Fitness advice... on 21:41 - Jul 26 with 1899 viewsNewcyBlue

Fitness advice... on 17:54 - Jul 26 by Deano69

Shame you weren't here last weekend, it was the Suffolk Games

http://www.suffolkgames.co.uk/

(not that i compete)

That looks really interesting.

It's definitely something I wouldn't mind trying at some point!

Fitness advice... on 21:42 - Jul 26 with 1897 viewsReuser_is_God

Fitness advice... on 10:57 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Come play tennis up the sports club one night if you want buh?

Definitely buh

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024