Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Astronomy Photographer of the year 08:06 - Jul 26 with 1096 viewsSteve_M

Some of these are good:P

https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2017/jul/26/astronomy-photographer-o

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 08:14 - Jul 26 with 1071 viewsMJallday

Stunning pictures. Most are using stacked composite which is cheating a bit (lot) in my opinion - but it makes - but they make for pretty photos

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 08:15 - Jul 26 with 1066 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

They make great screensavers.

I am looking forward to the darker nights, getting my telescope out and having a go at taking some images.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 09:10 - Jul 26 with 1036 viewsStokieBlue

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 08:15 - Jul 26 by BullardsMagicMullet

They make great screensavers.

I am looking forward to the darker nights, getting my telescope out and having a go at taking some images.

Are you going to use a webcam and then overlay all the frames into a composite image? Seems to be the way to get the best results.

I've got a space-saver dobsonian but in London it's tricky to see much except the moon. When I get a chance I'll have a go at Jupiter but really need to take it back to Suffolk for good views. I've got an adapter for my SLR which is supposed to hold the lens and then fit directly where the lens would usually go but not tried it and no idea how well it will work if at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 1027 viewsfactual_blue

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 08:14 - Jul 26 by MJallday

Stunning pictures. Most are using stacked composite which is cheating a bit (lot) in my opinion - but it makes - but they make for pretty photos

Is it really any different to using the full range of old-fashioned darkroom techniques to enhance photos?

The chap who took my evening classes in photography said 'no'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Astronomy Photographer of the year on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 982 viewsNo9

The Guardian has the most superb series of photos in the centre spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024