Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick post game 09:10 - Jul 26 with 7419 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop and Hyam won't be fit for start of season, Huws and Adeyemi probably won't, Skuse will be.

Hopefully another body in by then but possibility we'll be waiting through August for that striker - says we need 4 as won't get enough goals otherwise

Flynn Downes been stand out in pre season from kids, Conor McKendry been good and Ben Morris with his best game when involved with first team - more aggressive and competitive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick post game on 09:12 - Jul 26 with 6939 viewsThe_Snake

Thought Nydam was good last night. Always demanding the ball and good range of passing.
Mick post game on 09:12 - Jul 26 with 6938 viewschicoazul

Downes in there with Skuse early season then. And if he plays well I hope he gets to stay in there rather than Mick dropping him for one of the big names.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick post game on 09:13 - Jul 26 with 6924 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick post game on 09:12 - Jul 26 by The_Snake

Thought Nydam was good last night. Always demanding the ball and good range of passing.

Did Nydam start in centre mid?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick post game on 09:16 - Jul 26 with 6886 viewschristiand

I reckon Hyam's days are numbered here, he needs to move to kick start his career. Seems like Downes is a younger and most definitely cheaper option than Hyam. My starting XI for Birmingham City based on availability:

Bart
Spence, Chambers (c) , Webster, Knudsen
Rowe, Skuse, Downes, Celina
McGoldrick and Garner

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

He did, personally I didn't.... on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 6848 viewsBloots

Mick post game on 09:13 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

....think that he stood out, either positively or negatively.

Downes looked better in his brief appearance IMHO.

Rowe was the stand out of the "kids" for me.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick post game on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 6841 viewsThe_Snake

Mick post game on 09:13 - Jul 26 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, sat deep a lot of the time. Very good eye for a pass.
He did, personally I didn't.... on 09:22 - Jul 26 with 6809 viewschristiand

He did, personally I didn't.... on 09:19 - Jul 26 by Bloots

Don't think you classify Rowe as a kid, isn't he 25?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:25 - Jul 26 with 6781 viewsBloots

He did, personally I didn't.... on 09:19 - Jul 26 by Bloots

[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 9:26]

Login to get fewer ads

Point taken, but... on 09:27 - Jul 26 with 6760 viewsBloots

He did, personally I didn't.... on 09:22 - Jul 26 by christiand

Don't think you classify Rowe as a kid, isn't he 25?

....I was thinking in terms of experience at our level.

Point taken, but.... on 09:28 - Jul 26 with 6735 viewschristiand

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:25 - Jul 26 by Bloots

[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 9:26]

I wasn't sure Bloots, I thought you were implying something with the inverted commas. Rowe, will make up time quickly, he certainly looks like a good find from non league. You can see he has something about him and doesn't look out of his depth, that's what Moore lacks.

Mick post game on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 6735 viewsSWGF

Mick post game on 09:16 - Jul 26 by christiand

I reckon Hyam's days are numbered here, he needs to move to kick start his career. Seems like Downes is a younger and most definitely cheaper option than Hyam. My starting XI for Birmingham City based on availability:

Bart
McGoldrick and Garner

Don't think you're far off but Ward for Rowe, I reckon

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

He looks like a footballer.... on 09:31 - Jul 26 with 6719 viewsBloots

Point taken, but.... on 09:28 - Jul 26 by christiand

I wasn't sure Bloots, I thought you were implying something with the inverted commas. Rowe, will make up time quickly, he certainly looks like a good find from non league. You can see he has something about him and doesn't look out of his depth, that's what Moore lacks.

....which is something that Moore lacks.

Personally I think this could be his year.

If he gets a chance obviously.

Mick post game on 10:20 - Jul 26 with 6521 viewsElderGrizzly

Was that not fit to start/play 90 mins, or not fit at all?

As we were saying last night, we are very light in CM right now. 5 or 6 out and needing Downes to step up.

The striker i'm not so worried about for August 5th. We have enough to start the season, so important to get the right player not the first player
Wonder if the reason.... on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 6473 viewsBloots

Mick post game on 10:20 - Jul 26 by ElderGrizzly

Was that not fit to start/play 90 mins, or not fit at all?

As we were saying last night, we are very light in CM right now. 5 or 6 out and needing Downes to step up.

The striker i'm not so worried about for August 5th. We have enough to start the season, so important to get the right player not the first player

...Bru is still here and getting game time is down to the injuries.

Not ideal as you say.

He looks like a footballer.... on 10:34 - Jul 26 with 6432 viewschicoazul

He looks like a footballer.... on 09:31 - Jul 26 by Bloots

....which is something that Moore lacks.

Personally I think this could be his year.

If he gets a chance obviously.

He's the next Jon Walters. If we don't go up we will sell him for good coin in a year or two.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wonder if the reason.... on 10:37 - Jul 26 with 6407 viewsitfcjoe

Wonder if the reason.... on 10:28 - Jul 26 by Bloots

...Bru is still here and getting game time is down to the injuries.

Not ideal as you say.

Fact he hasn't even got a squad number means these injuries have delayed his transfer to Mutual Consent FC so will be happening a bit later than planned....

Mick post game on 19:22 - Jul 26 with 6049 viewsHerbivore

It's incredible really the way that Downes has come in under the radar. We were all talking about Dozzell, Nydam, Benyu (before he left) and even the likes of McDonnell and Blanchfield as being ones to look out for this season. Prior to pre-season there wasn't really a lot of talk about Downes and now he looks likely to be starting our first league game and who knows what could happen from there. I seem to remember similar happening with Bishop in 2014/15.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick post game on 20:00 - Jul 26 with 5868 viewsSonOfSpock

Bishop and Hyam have had their chance. Move them on,plenty at their heels or brushed past them
Please could you tell me is Flynn Downes a.... on 20:21 - Jul 26 with 5788 viewsunstableblue

A) Jim Magilton
B) Matt Holland
Or
C) Reuser

Type player?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Mick post game on 05:22 - Jul 27 with 5501 viewsCurrie10

Mick post game on 09:16 - Jul 26 by christiand

Bart
McGoldrick and Garner

I'd love Kenlock in there for Knudsen - however not sure I can see Mick starting Kenlock and Celina same wing early doors in particular! Could be wrong though.

The 11 looks decent to me. Sears/ Ward the two most likely to come on, then perhaps Bishop....

Dozza and a few need minutes and perhaps the cup match a more likely avenue for a few at present.

Have a good feeling regarding Celina and Rowe outwide. Think they will be our best pairing for a little while ( maybe not hard )
Mick post game on 08:15 - Jul 27 with 5365 viewsitfcjoe

Mick post game on 19:22 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

It's incredible really the way that Downes has come in under the radar. We were all talking about Dozzell, Nydam, Benyu (before he left) and even the likes of McDonnell and Blanchfield as being ones to look out for this season. Prior to pre-season there wasn't really a lot of talk about Downes and now he looks likely to be starting our first league game and who knows what could happen from there. I seem to remember similar happening with Bishop in 2014/15.

I think it shows that the step up isn't as big as is sometimes made out, and that generally most of these boys can hold their own. They've been in academies their whole life now - very few will ever look totally out of their depth like may have been case years ago

Please could you tell me is Flynn Downes a.... on 08:26 - Jul 27 with 5317 viewsSomethingBlue

Please could you tell me is Flynn Downes a.... on 20:21 - Jul 26 by unstableblue

A) Jim Magilton
B) Matt Holland
Or
C) Reuser

Type player?

I''d rather let him be Flynn Downes. But push on with your unrealistic expectations if you like!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick post game on 08:32 - Jul 27 with 5290 viewsChocorange

Mick post game on 08:15 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

I think it shows that the step up isn't as big as is sometimes made out, and that generally most of these boys can hold their own. They've been in academies their whole life now - very few will ever look totally out of their depth like may have been case years ago

So Micks confidence about having a new striker has changed from we will have one before the season starts to we will get one before the window closes....

Wasn't that similar to how it was in the January window? when trying to spend the Murphy cash, we were confident with several bids in for forwards...... Yet ended up boosting (?) our striking options with a guy from non league and a loaner striker who hardly played...

We need a striker maybe 2 , Mcgoldrick, Garner and Sears is not enough! Get the chequebook out Evans or you saving a few quid now will ruin another season.

The pre season has had a lot of good things so far , on and off the field, ...but it's not finished , complete the job!
Mick post game on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 5122 viewsitfcjoe

Mick post game on 08:32 - Jul 27 by Chocorange

So Micks confidence about having a new striker has changed from we will have one before the season starts to we will get one before the window closes....

Wasn't that similar to how it was in the January window? when trying to spend the Murphy cash, we were confident with several bids in for forwards...... Yet ended up boosting (?) our striking options with a guy from non league and a loaner striker who hardly played...

We need a striker maybe 2 , Mcgoldrick, Garner and Sears is not enough! Get the chequebook out Evans or you saving a few quid now will ruin another season.

The pre season has had a lot of good things so far , on and off the field, ...but it's not finished , complete the job!

Yep, it's very frustrating that we can't seem to get a deal for a striker over the line - it's a desperate area of need

Mick post game on 19:27 - Jul 27 with 5037 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick post game on 05:22 - Jul 27 by Currie10

I'd love Kenlock in there for Knudsen - however not sure I can see Mick starting Kenlock and Celina same wing early doors in particular! Could be wrong though.

The 11 looks decent to me. Sears/ Ward the two most likely to come on, then perhaps Bishop....

Dozza and a few need minutes and perhaps the cup match a more likely avenue for a few at present.

Have a good feeling regarding Celina and Rowe outwide. Think they will be our best pairing for a little while ( maybe not hard )

Knudsen has been better than Kenlock in pre-season, so on form he should get the nod.

Kenlock, a bit like Emmanuel, gets caught out defensively too often. Whereas Knudsen isn't as good attacking as Kenlock. Balance that Mick needs to find early on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024