Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asain Food and Slow Cookers 11:09 - Jul 26 with 7153 viewswkj

I am a fan of Asian food, I don't mean just the standard fayre you get from the local takeaway either - I regularly cook Vitnamese Pho, Teryaki Chicken, Ginger Beef all kinds of nice things. The problem with Asian cooking is it's not the most satisfying thing to cook on electric- Gas Hobs are generally the best way to work with a wok.

That said I was given a few decent recipes for a slow cooker and was wandering if any of you fine chaps have Slow Cooker recipes of the Asian variety?

The reason I ask is im trying to get away from Mash and Meat meals in the winter as my heart health isnt the best despite living a very clean and active life (in my early 30s I have to thank genetics) Asian food generally seems to contain a lot of the foods I am encouraged to eat- So if i can build a bunch of recipes for the ol slow cooker, I reckon I aught to be in my elephant
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 11:10]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 5564 viewsBluebell

" I reckon I aught to be in my elephant".

For some reason this made me laugh. I guess you mean element and your phone/iPad corrected it.
Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 5558 viewsMullet

Korean red pepper paste and pork is a winner in the slow cooker. Especially if you pick fattier cuts.

Millions of recipes online you can cater for yourself with. Also if you've never had it before. It's hotter than you'll expect. Don't do what I did and think 3 table spoons looks about right. You'll be sh1tting out the devil in no time, even once the jungle sweats fade.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:31 - Jul 26 with 5545 viewswkj

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:27 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Korean red pepper paste and pork is a winner in the slow cooker. Especially if you pick fattier cuts.

Millions of recipes online you can cater for yourself with. Also if you've never had it before. It's hotter than you'll expect. Don't do what I did and think 3 table spoons looks about right. You'll be sh1tting out the devil in no time, even once the jungle sweats fade.

I love heat in foods so this does indeed sound like id be in my Element (thanks Bluebell)

I could sip on a mug or sriracha as if it were tea (granted it's not that spicy, but some find it to be) so I will look for this. Korean food is currently what im most focussed on as my partner in crime just went there to visit family and tortured me with food photos upon returning

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:37 - Jul 26 with 5523 viewsLord_Lucan

A lot of Asion foods are flash cooked on a Wok and yes, electric is rubbish for that.

How about some Chinese style hot pots?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:40 - Jul 26 with 5518 viewsNewcyBlue

I did some lovely slow cooker Chinese ribs the other week. MrsNewcy was sucking on the bone.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 12:12 - Jul 26 with 5437 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 11:40 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

I did some lovely slow cooker Chinese ribs the other week. MrsNewcy was sucking on the bone.

Blimey, they were that good!

Did you get sticky sauce all over Percy?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 12:27 - Jul 26 with 5414 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Often buy this in Thailand.Although it's usually cooked on the hob, it should turn out really nice in a slow cooker.
Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 13:32 - Jul 26 with 5368 viewsJ2BLUE

I love my slow cooker. Coming home in winter and having a decent healthy meal ready to eat is great.

Have you been encouraged to eat monounsaturated fats? Macadamia nuts and avocados are great if so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 14:15 - Jul 26 with 5324 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 13:32 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I love my slow cooker. Coming home in winter and having a decent healthy meal ready to eat is great.

Have you been encouraged to eat monounsaturated fats? Macadamia nuts and avocados are great if so.

What in hells name are you doing on this thread.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers (n/t) on 14:24 - Jul 26 with 5308 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:08 - Jul 26 with 5253 viewsJ2BLUE

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 14:15 - Jul 26 by Lord_Lucan

What in hells name are you doing on this thread.

I could defeat you in a TWTD slow cooker master chef style showdown fairly easily.

Truly impaired.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:20 - Jul 26 with 5241 viewsNewcyBlue

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:08 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I could defeat you in a TWTD slow cooker master chef style showdown fairly easily.

He'd feel defeated if he ate whatever it is you call food. I think you'd make him seriously consider those Meal Replacement Shakes for the rest of his life

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:23 - Jul 26 with 5232 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:20 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

He'd feel defeated if he ate whatever it is you call food. I think you'd make him seriously consider those Meal Replacement Shakes for the rest of his life

To be honest I've never used a slow cooker in my life. I cook for two reasons, 1/ I enjoy it and 2/ I like to eat nice food.

I can't see how you can enjoy cooking in a slow cooker and seeing that there is no skill involved I may as well let The Wife do it and have a night off.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:24 - Jul 26 with 5232 viewsJ2BLUE

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:20 - Jul 26 by NewcyBlue

My reputation is very unfair to be honest. I'm not a great chef but can hold my own... *sighs and waits for Hoppy's joke*

Truly impaired.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:25 - Jul 26 with 5229 viewsNewcyBlue

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:24 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

My reputation is very unfair to be honest. I'm not a great chef but can hold my own... *sighs and waits for Hoppy's joke*

You hoping Hoppy will pass you the tweezers so you can hold it for a change?

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:27 - Jul 26 with 5221 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:24 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I'm sure you can hold your own but Newcy had his chomped on.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:30 - Jul 26 with 5216 viewsJ2BLUE

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:23 - Jul 26 by Lord_Lucan

To be honest I've never used a slow cooker in my life. I cook for two reasons, 1/ I enjoy it and 2/ I like to eat nice food.

I can't see how you can enjoy cooking in a slow cooker and seeing that there is no skill involved I may as well let The Wife do it and have a night off.

No skill? You don't think there is skill in timing when to put the Aunt Bessies dumplings in?

Truly impaired.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:31 - Jul 26 with 5209 viewsNewcyBlue

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:30 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

No skill? You don't think there is skill in timing when to put the Aunt Bessies dumplings in?

You do what to your Aunt? You're actually from Norfolk aren't you?!?!

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 17:50 - Jul 26 with 5182 viewsjeera

Stew ribs, then finish them off in the oven, or fry. You'll want to reduce the stock for your sauce on the stove though.

Pork belly strips - the fat will melt away.

Mate, plenty of Oriental food doesn't see a pan though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 18:54 - Jul 26 with 5147 viewsbournemouthblue

On the subject of slow cooking

Do any smart asses on here cook slow cooked items quickly with a pressure cooker?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:17 - Jul 26 with 5122 viewsjeera

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 18:54 - Jul 26 by bournemouthblue

On the subject of slow cooking

Do any smart asses on here cook slow cooked items quickly with a pressure cooker?

Pressure cookers are great for lentils.

I don't suppose that helps.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:20 - Jul 26 with 5116 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:17 - Jul 26 by jeera

Pressure cookers are great for lentils.

I don't suppose that helps.

I've always fancied a pressure frier for southern fried chicken.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:27 - Jul 26 with 5105 viewsjeera

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:20 - Jul 26 by Lord_Lucan

I've always fancied a pressure frier for southern fried chicken.

Sounds good to me.

Though something I'd maybe want to set up in the back garden somewhere rather than indoors.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:38 - Jul 26 with 5092 viewsLord_Lucan

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:27 - Jul 26 by jeera

Sounds good to me.

Though something I'd maybe want to set up in the back garden somewhere rather than indoors.

Yeah. I have no more kitchen space anyway, let alone the smell of a pressure frier. I want a tandoor oven as well, and a smoker. Nearly bought a tandoor a couple of years back. What I really need is this country to be so damp and wet. Wouldn't it be great to be able to have a covered outdoor kitchen where it wouldn't be damp or cold.

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:55 - Jul 26 with 5071 viewsjeera

Asain Food and Slow Cookers on 19:38 - Jul 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah. I have no more kitchen space anyway, let alone the smell of a pressure frier. I want a tandoor oven as well, and a smoker. Nearly bought a tandoor a couple of years back. What I really need is this country to be so damp and wet. Wouldn't it be great to be able to have a covered outdoor kitchen where it wouldn't be damp or cold.

Ah, a tandoor - now you're talking.

I've not studied this I admit, but I've often assumed it can't be too hard to build your own.

You know, incorporate a section into a brick built BBQ for example.

Hot coal oven at the bottom, line with clay, treat with copious amounts of mustard oil etc.

How hard can it be?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024