Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huel 11:36 - Jul 26 with 8277 viewshype313

Was chatting to a couple of peeps recently about this and listened to Vine yesterday about this replacement of meals, and is apparently excellent due to the fact that it has all the right amount of nutrients needed such as Carbs, Protein and fats.

Anyone on it? I'd be interested replacing breakfast or lunch with one, whilst the weight loss would be beneficial too.

https://huel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOKNn-Cm1QIVhpPtCh0DLgqLEAAYASAAEgI5YvD_BwE

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huel on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 2226 viewsDanTheMan

Huel on 13:46 - Jul 26 by hype313

That's my plan.

I found it quite filling but my advice would be to get some flavourings for it. I wouldn't bother with the official stuff but things like chocolate powder or fruit to give it some more taste.

And it can be quite chunky if you don't have a blender. Does the job though and is pretty cheap.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Huel on 13:50 - Jul 26 with 2218 viewshype313

Huel on 13:48 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

I found it quite filling but my advice would be to get some flavourings for it. I wouldn't bother with the official stuff but things like chocolate powder or fruit to give it some more taste.

And it can be quite chunky if you don't have a blender. Does the job though and is pretty cheap.

Cheers Dan, that's kinda was I was looking for.

Huel on 13:51 - Jul 26 with 2218 viewsDanTheMan

Huel on 13:48 - Jul 26 by Deano69

But presumably adjusted what you eat to save dropping back to the same weight again?

Problem was that I had put a load on and then had plateaued. I wasn't gaining weight but was having a hard time shifting it even with exercise. I had already adjusted my diet but needed just an extra little something to push me over into consistently losing. I found it a lot easier than planning out healthy lunches which usually I dreaded eating and then felt starving the whole afternoon.

I wouldn't recommend using it replace every meal, that'd be miserable. But as an aid, it's fine. Few people in the office I'm currently at are using it for the same thing and seems to be working.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 13:52]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Huel on 13:58 - Jul 26 with 2196 viewsSuperfrans

Huel on 12:10 - Jul 26 by BLUEBEAT

I've been thinking about using this for a while and after the feature on Vine's show, I'm definitely signing up. Even the sceptic was OK with it. The fact it's being advertised as a replacement rather than supplement/diet tool is clever marketing, though.

Maybe read through these before making a decision

https://discuss.huel.com/t/errrm-huel-poop/1148

"a single, solid bronze sausage"

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Huel on 14:01 - Jul 26 with 2191 viewsjaykay

Huel on 13:40 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Oh how wrong you are.

I have two children. I manage to make them breakfast every morning, sometimes two breakfasts (that's what happens when they're in the pool at 6am) I even manage to make all four of us packed lunches...nothing complicated, usually tuna sarnies are the time consuming bit, but we're talking a matter of minutes aren't we?

Time management.

So would you suggest your powdered meal has more nutritional and mineral content than say my breakfast this morning.....which consisted of a poached egg, salmon, spinach and a piece of wholemeal toast?

Or my breakfast yesterday which was a toasted bagel with a slice of turkey breast, slice of beef an egg, rocket and natural yoghurt?

And let's not forget who's enjoying their tasty breakfast :-)

i agree with you 100% on this.how long can pouring cereal into a bowl,putting bread into a toaster and pouring some fruit juice take.unless they are cooking kippers,kidneys poaching eggs etc. the add men have done their jobs making people believe they are the only generation to lead busy life styles. that's their favourite catchphrase "to suit your busy life style"

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Huel on 14:10 - Jul 26 with 2168 viewsColin_Viljoen

Might as well get this https://www.sns.co.uk
At least there are mote flavour choices
Huel on 14:27 - Jul 26 with 2151 viewsBluebell

Huel on 13:40 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Oh how wrong you are.

I have two children. I manage to make them breakfast every morning, sometimes two breakfasts (that's what happens when they're in the pool at 6am) I even manage to make all four of us packed lunches...nothing complicated, usually tuna sarnies are the time consuming bit, but we're talking a matter of minutes aren't we?

Time management.

So would you suggest your powdered meal has more nutritional and mineral content than say my breakfast this morning.....which consisted of a poached egg, salmon, spinach and a piece of wholemeal toast?

Or my breakfast yesterday which was a toasted bagel with a slice of turkey breast, slice of beef an egg, rocket and natural yoghurt?

And let's not forget who's enjoying their tasty breakfast :-)

I completely agree.

My children are grown up now but they always had a breakfast before school and I ate with them before going to work. I would always pack their lunches, mine and Mr BB's the night before with healthy sandwiches and fruit with maybe a chocolate bar and crisps. I then always cooked a fresh meal in the evening in spite of doing a full days work.

As well as that I did all the housework and washing, ironing etc.

I have never been overweight in my life.

But being female and I have to multi-task!
Huel on 14:34 - Jul 26 with 2141 viewshype313

Huel on 14:27 - Jul 26 by Bluebell

I completely agree.

My children are grown up now but they always had a breakfast before school and I ate with them before going to work. I would always pack their lunches, mine and Mr BB's the night before with healthy sandwiches and fruit with maybe a chocolate bar and crisps. I then always cooked a fresh meal in the evening in spite of doing a full days work.

As well as that I did all the housework and washing, ironing etc.

I have never been overweight in my life.

But being female and I have to multi-task!

Hmm I cook healthy meals every evening for my children.

I think people have gone off on a tangent here a little, I'm not advocating liquid meal replacements for now or ever, this is something that has been in the news because as much as it's not groundbreaking, it has a lot of science and nutritionists excited by the fact that if one were to look at replacing breakfast or lunch then it's not a bad alternative.

Have a read up on them, have a look at what goes in them, have a listen to Micheal Mosley's interview on Radio 2 yesterday.

As much as I'm against quick win,multi marketing scams, liquid slim fast sh1te, this is something that maybe better for people not wanting to come in after 10 after 5 a side to then cook a meal, or people wanting a quick breakfast that has all the nutrients needed to sustain you through the morning.

Login to get fewer ads

Huel on 15:45 - Jul 26 with 2106 viewsdirtyboy

Huel on 14:34 - Jul 26 by hype313

Hmm I cook healthy meals every evening for my children.

I think people have gone off on a tangent here a little, I'm not advocating liquid meal replacements for now or ever, this is something that has been in the news because as much as it's not groundbreaking, it has a lot of science and nutritionists excited by the fact that if one were to look at replacing breakfast or lunch then it's not a bad alternative.

Have a read up on them, have a look at what goes in them, have a listen to Micheal Mosley's interview on Radio 2 yesterday.

As much as I'm against quick win,multi marketing scams, liquid slim fast sh1te, this is something that maybe better for people not wanting to come in after 10 after 5 a side to then cook a meal, or people wanting a quick breakfast that has all the nutrients needed to sustain you through the morning.

You're probably right, but the reason i'm getting worked up, is because we're in a society lucky enough to have choices on what we eat and not just eat to survive.

Eating nice things is a mood booster. I dread days when i've got to find protein in an 'unnatural' way and neck a protein shake, seems so unsatisfying. Would much prefer a bowl of chicken curry or something.

That being said, I eat a lot as I'm on the go all the time. Kids swim 6 times a week, scouts, brownies, dancing, then i'm in the gym 8-10 hours a week myself, so if you're not organised and eating optimally (good nutritious food) when you lead such a hectic lifestyle, you'll go downhill pretty quick.

Don't underestimate the emotional aspect of food, a doughnut is much more satisfying than a shake, but it has to fit in with the rest of your intake.
Huel on 17:50 - Jul 26 with 2072 viewsDeano69

Huel on 13:51 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Problem was that I had put a load on and then had plateaued. I wasn't gaining weight but was having a hard time shifting it even with exercise. I had already adjusted my diet but needed just an extra little something to push me over into consistently losing. I found it a lot easier than planning out healthy lunches which usually I dreaded eating and then felt starving the whole afternoon.

I wouldn't recommend using it replace every meal, that'd be miserable. But as an aid, it's fine. Few people in the office I'm currently at are using it for the same thing and seems to be working.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 13:52]

Sounds like a sensible move.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Huel on 18:05 - Jul 26 with 2065 viewsbournemouthblue

Huel on 12:26 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Why not just eat a proper meal with the right amounts of carbs, fats and protein?

Surely it would be more enjoyable having a steak with sweet potato chips and some asparagus, onions and mushrooms?

Or even a spag bol? Curry?

The body needs lots of things, I don't think subjecting it to the same powdered s**t day in day out would be too helpful, not to mention dull as dishwater.

Just eat normally ffs. It's not rocket science.

Speed I guess

You do pay through the teeth for something you could probably mix yourself

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024