Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huel 11:36 - Jul 26 with 8273 viewshype313

Was chatting to a couple of peeps recently about this and listened to Vine yesterday about this replacement of meals, and is apparently excellent due to the fact that it has all the right amount of nutrients needed such as Carbs, Protein and fats.

Anyone on it? I'd be interested replacing breakfast or lunch with one, whilst the weight loss would be beneficial too.

https://huel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOKNn-Cm1QIVhpPtCh0DLgqLEAAYASAAEgI5YvD_BwE

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huel on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 6001 viewsBlueBadger

I suppose it's probably alright if you want to pay over the odds for pot noodle.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Huel on 12:10 - Jul 26 with 5967 viewsBLUEBEAT

I've been thinking about using this for a while and after the feature on Vine's show, I'm definitely signing up. Even the sceptic was OK with it. The fact it's being advertised as a replacement rather than supplement/diet tool is clever marketing, though.

Maybe read through these before making a decision

https://discuss.huel.com/t/errrm-huel-poop/1148

Poll: W or W

Huel on 12:19 - Jul 26 with 5937 viewsBLUEBEAT

Huel on 11:51 - Jul 26 by BlueBadger

I suppose it's probably alright if you want to pay over the odds for pot noodle.

It works out cheaper than Pot Noodle, actually!

Huel on 12:22 - Jul 26 with 5919 viewsfooters

Soylent Green. Def info.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Huel on 12:26 - Jul 26 with 5901 viewsdirtyboy

Why not just eat a proper meal with the right amounts of carbs, fats and protein?

Surely it would be more enjoyable having a steak with sweet potato chips and some asparagus, onions and mushrooms?

Or even a spag bol? Curry?

The body needs lots of things, I don't think subjecting it to the same powdered s**t day in day out would be too helpful, not to mention dull as dishwater.

Just eat normally ffs. It's not rocket science.
Huel on 12:30 - Jul 26 with 5882 viewsITFC1983

Huel on 12:19 - Jul 26 by BLUEBEAT

It works out cheaper than Pot Noodle, actually!

Pot Noodles 2 for £1 in Farm Foods... #justsaying

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Huel on 12:31 - Jul 26 with 5882 viewshype313

Huel on 12:26 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Why not just eat a proper meal with the right amounts of carbs, fats and protein?

Surely it would be more enjoyable having a steak with sweet potato chips and some asparagus, onions and mushrooms?

The body needs lots of things, I don't think subjecting it to the same powdered s**t day in day out would be too helpful, not to mention dull as dishwater.

Agreed, but it's catering for the people that can't be arsed to cook every night, people who spend a fiver on sarnies, crisps etc at lunchtime.

I for one quite like the idea, be ideal for me in the mornings with having to get kids ready etc save time messing about with breakfast.

Huel on 12:41 - Jul 26 with 5852 viewsdirtyboy

Huel on 12:31 - Jul 26 by hype313

Agreed, but it's catering for the people that can't be arsed to cook every night, people who spend a fiver on sarnies, crisps etc at lunchtime.

I for one quite like the idea, be ideal for me in the mornings with having to get kids ready etc save time messing about with breakfast.

That's half of your problem, you're seeing breakfast as 'messing about' and making lunches as 'can't be arsed'.

If you can't be arsed, then you'll never get anywhere, that's the issue.

Inherrent laziness.
Login to get fewer ads

Huel on 12:46 - Jul 26 with 5819 viewsBLUEBEAT

Huel on 12:30 - Jul 26 by ITFC1983

Pot Noodles 2 for £1 in Farm Foods... #justsaying

That is cheap. I thought they we double/triple that. Hardly any nutrients in Pot Noodle plus they're fried before freeze-dried.

Maybe a comparison is in order. I'll use Huel for a month and you can use Pot Noodle.

#justsuggesting

Huel on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 5798 viewsBLUEBEAT

Huel on 12:41 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

That's half of your problem, you're seeing breakfast as 'messing about' and making lunches as 'can't be arsed'.

Inherrent laziness.

I tend to skip breakfast as I'd rather be earning ASAP.

Using Huel seems to be a better option than a £3 meal deal when on the go.

Huel on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 5789 viewshype313

Huel on 12:41 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Inherrent laziness.

It's a replacement for breakfast, arguable more nutritious than a standard breakfast, I don't see what your issue is?

It's not lazy, it's about convenience, whilst having a nutritious meal.

You obviously don't have kids.

Huel on 12:52 - Jul 26 with 5773 viewsgtsb1966

You wouldn't be able to eat that four times a day. You'd be too busy on the bog to prepare a fourth.
Huel on 13:02 - Jul 26 with 5734 viewsevoona32

Huel on 12:31 - Jul 26 by hype313

I've been using Huel since January and would recommend it, i did it for convenience and an easy way to count calories to get healthier in the new year.
Little tip for you - it tastes so much better when blended and left in the fridge overnight (I always make 4 in the evening ready for the following day), also I would get the flavour taster sachets they do to see which ones you like, toffee one is my personal fave
Huel on 13:06 - Jul 26 with 5720 viewshype313

Huel on 13:02 - Jul 26 by evoona32

I've been using Huel since January and would recommend it, i did it for convenience and an easy way to count calories to get healthier in the new year.
Little tip for you - it tastes so much better when blended and left in the fridge overnight (I always make 4 in the evening ready for the following day), also I would get the flavour taster sachets they do to see which ones you like, toffee one is my personal fave

Cheers, I'm not planning on replacing every meal by any stretch, but certainly one of breaky or lunch each day.

Huel on 13:19 - Jul 26 with 5695 viewschicoazul

Isn't marketing an amazing thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huel on 13:20 - Jul 26 with 5688 viewschicoazul

Huel on 13:02 - Jul 26 by evoona32

I find it very interesting that this is your first post.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huel on 13:22 - Jul 26 with 5674 viewsMullet

Paying through the nose for convenience but it's basically tarted up equivalents of whey protein.

Meal replacements have been around for years and most are pretty ropey.

My only issue is that one portion can't fit all, you'll have to track all your calories and macros any way just to make sure you're not forcing massive changes to whatever you already eat.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huel on 13:26 - Jul 26 with 5664 viewsDeano69

Huel on 12:26 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Can you begin to imagine what it would be like to eat something like that everyday for the rest of your life? I cant.

There has to be an enjoyment with food, in its prep and eating.

Start with everything in is raw/natural state, don't add sugar, don't be fooled by time-saving processed cra4p and you can eat a nutritional and varied diet for the rest of your life.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Huel on 13:28 - Jul 26 with 5645 viewsevoona32

Huel on 13:20 - Jul 26 by chicoazul

I find it very interesting that this is your first post.

haha i knew someone would say that, i used to post previously under the name bramble19 (that's how long ago it was...). as far am in aware they have about 7 employees and i'm not one of them, just a happy customer!
Huel on 13:40 - Jul 26 with 5584 viewsdirtyboy

Huel on 12:50 - Jul 26 by hype313

It's a replacement for breakfast, arguable more nutritious than a standard breakfast, I don't see what your issue is?

It's not lazy, it's about convenience, whilst having a nutritious meal.

You obviously don't have kids.

Oh how wrong you are.

I have two children. I manage to make them breakfast every morning, sometimes two breakfasts (that's what happens when they're in the pool at 6am) I even manage to make all four of us packed lunches...nothing complicated, usually tuna sarnies are the time consuming bit, but we're talking a matter of minutes aren't we?

Time management.

So would you suggest your powdered meal has more nutritional and mineral content than say my breakfast this morning.....which consisted of a poached egg, salmon, spinach and a piece of wholemeal toast?

Or my breakfast yesterday which was a toasted bagel with a slice of turkey breast, slice of beef an egg, rocket and natural yoghurt?

And let's not forget who's enjoying their tasty breakfast :-)
Huel on 13:41 - Jul 26 with 5581 viewsDanTheMan

I used it pretty effectively to lose weight. Only once a day for lunch as I could quickly make some in the morning and have it over lunch.

Then when I lost enough I stopped using it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Huel on 13:45 - Jul 26 with 5553 viewshype313

Huel on 13:40 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Oh how wrong you are.

I have two children. I manage to make them breakfast every morning, sometimes two breakfasts (that's what happens when they're in the pool at 6am) I even manage to make all four of us packed lunches...nothing complicated, usually tuna sarnies are the time consuming bit, but we're talking a matter of minutes aren't we?

Time management.

So would you suggest your powdered meal has more nutritional and mineral content than say my breakfast this morning.....which consisted of a poached egg, salmon, spinach and a piece of wholemeal toast?

Or my breakfast yesterday which was a toasted bagel with a slice of turkey breast, slice of beef an egg, rocket and natural yoghurt?

Alright Mary Poppins.

Huel on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 5546 viewshype313

Huel on 13:41 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

I used it pretty effectively to lose weight. Only once a day for lunch as I could quickly make some in the morning and have it over lunch.

That's my plan.

Huel on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 5541 viewsfooters

Huel on 13:40 - Jul 26 by dirtyboy

Oh how wrong you are.

Time management.

I'm checking in tomorrow.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Huel on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 5523 viewsDeano69

Huel on 13:41 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

But presumably adjusted what you eat to save dropping back to the same weight again?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024