Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? 17:15 - Jul 26 with 23307 viewsIllinoisblue

interesting piece on them here: http://transalpino.co.uk/football-fighting-fashion-2/ no metion of the fracas in Princes St around 87 or 88.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 09:03 - Jul 27 with 4928 viewsguildford_blue

I went Fratton Park - probably about 1996 (we had that awful green and maroon kit on). They were struggling and we were going for the play offs. Really hot day and very tight game, Mathie scored late on to give us a 0-1 win. They opened our end up with a few minutes to go and on coming out we were met by a surge of Pompey fans coming up the steps - lots of blood that day - one Ipswich guy was shouting 'stand and fight Town' whilst getting pummelled. Walking down that little alley behind the away end that day was pretty scary for a 15 year old after all that.
Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 10:45 - Jul 27 with 4843 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 04:53 - Jul 27 by artsbossbeard

I was quite the mouthy gobsh1te back in the day.

Nothing's changed then.. Degeros next Saturday and we start all over again.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:30 - Jul 27 with 4803 viewsunbelievablue

I'm a youngster so no such shenanigans for me.

However, occasional poster WarkTheWark and I went to Saints away in 2009/10, taking a cab from his student halls to Fratton station early doors that morning. The large, bald gentleman driving the cab clearly noticed our pseudo-casual get up and asked us where we were headed. "To the footy mate, at Southampton". It was quite the emergency stop, and swiftly worded exchange, but once we'd cleared up the misunderstanding, and proved we were Town, he offered a free journey back out into Pompey if we stuffed them. We lost. It was only when I got out at the station that I noticed the 657 tattoo.

That was quite a funny/lively day in Southampton come to think of it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:35 - Jul 27 with 4786 viewsgainsboroughblue

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:30 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

However, occasional poster WarkTheWark and I went to Saints away in 2009/10, taking a cab from his student halls to Fratton station early doors that morning. The large, bald gentleman driving the cab clearly noticed our pseudo-casual get up and asked us where we were headed. "To the footy mate, at Southampton". It was quite the emergency stop, and swiftly worded exchange, but once we'd cleared up the misunderstanding, and proved we were Town, he offered a free journey back out into Pompey if we stuffed them. We lost. It was only when I got out at the station that I noticed the 657 tattoo.

Was that the cup tie? Yes, the police were very keen to move the Ipswich lot on the next train out as there was some tense stand offs from that Mexican bar opposite Yates'. Not for the first time, I had to evade the police requests to move along as I was staying down there that night and my car was parked only ten miles away. Kingy and I had words at Reading one year due to something similar outside the Three Guineas.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:41 - Jul 27 with 4781 viewsunbelievablue

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:35 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Was that the cup tie? Yes, the police were very keen to move the Ipswich lot on the next train out as there was some tense stand offs from that Mexican bar opposite Yates'. Not for the first time, I had to evade the police requests to move along as I was staying down there that night and my car was parked only ten miles away. Kingy and I had words at Reading one year due to something similar outside the Three Guineas.

Yar. We holed up in that Mexican place early doors and dribs and drabs of Town lads gradually came in. I recall a certain Town growler telling a Saints lad to feck right off when he tried to get a glimpse of numbers of us inside. Funny day, some good lads in attendance including a certain darts player at one point!

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:50 - Jul 27 with 4754 viewsgainsboroughblue

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:41 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

Yar. We holed up in that Mexican place early doors and dribs and drabs of Town lads gradually came in. I recall a certain Town growler telling a Saints lad to feck right off when he tried to get a glimpse of numbers of us inside. Funny day, some good lads in attendance including a certain darts player at one point!

KP? Yeah, I was with him at the bar.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leighton Rees? (n/t) on 11:54 - Jul 27 with 4741 viewsBloots

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:41 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:55 - Jul 27 with 4744 viewsWarkTheWark

I remember that day fondly.

There's a taxi firm in Pompey called Aqua - the drivers that weren't foreign were mostly 657. They all had caps with it on side near the back.

My mrs moved down there for a bit with me & worked in a call center, a few of the senior managers there were also 657. As a working class city there would have been laods "back in the day", but one thing i will say is the lads of today certainly know how to scrap, played in a local sunday league team and every social event something happened.

Loved that place.

Sorry for the essay - I also believe i liberated a book from Joey JJ which I still have kicking about.
Login to get fewer ads

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:56 - Jul 27 with 4737 viewsunbelievablue

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:55 - Jul 27 by WarkTheWark

I remember that day fondly.

There's a taxi firm in Pompey called Aqua - the drivers that weren't foreign were mostly 657. They all had caps with it on side near the back.

My mrs moved down there for a bit with me & worked in a call center, a few of the senior managers there were also 657. As a working class city there would have been laods "back in the day", but one thing i will say is the lads of today certainly know how to scrap, played in a local sunday league team and every social event something happened.

Loved that place.

Sorry for the essay - I also believe i liberated a book from Joey JJ which I still have kicking about.

Mad weekend.

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 12:16 - Jul 27 with 4702 viewsLord_Lucan

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 21:55 - Jul 26 by Pendejo

The battle of the cattle market in Feb 87 was a direct result of them getting a good seeing to at their place 30th August 1986.

Even if there were a statute of limitations... I can't remember the names I know there were 2 there who had their 18th birthdays on that date. I recall with clarity there being 3 mini buses [2 x Wilhire & a blue one not sure where it was from] and there were a couple of car loads in a convoy.

Kicked off afterwards Pompey weren't expecting what they got so organised a bigger than normal mob for PR where they encountered as big a turn out of town lads as I've seen outside Naaridge games including a few who weren't actually town fans [including one nasty piece of work from Chantry who was an active Chelsea hooligan]

Remember most of this thru friends who were involved, I was at both games but not involved.

The court case included a site visit to the Cattle Market car park where above mentioned Chantry Chelsea guided the jury thru the to and fro of the day. This I know 'cos I used to work in the GRE building overlooking the Cattle Market car park and saw the site visit.

Chantry / Chelsea, I presume you mean Winkle, used to have a deerstalker permanently glued to his head. He took a good friend of mine to Stamford Bridge once and there was a mini riot. The two of them ended up on the front page of The Sun.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 4656 viewsDeano69

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 12:16 - Jul 27 by Lord_Lucan

Chantry / Chelsea, I presume you mean Winkle, used to have a deerstalker permanently glued to his head. He took a good friend of mine to Stamford Bridge once and there was a mini riot. The two of them ended up on the front page of The Sun.

He worked for my dad. Had a chance meeting with his brother the other week, says he hasn't changed a lot and now living abroad.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 15:35 - Jul 27 with 4527 viewsitfcjoe

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 11:30 - Jul 27 by unbelievablue

I went to the first Saints-Pompey game in about a decade in the League Cup when I was at uni there. It was a mental atmosphere, and the town was absolutely buzzing - having to show Southampton ID to get into any pubs, fortunately my UoS student card did the trick.

After the game, the whole Pompey away support was one side of a line of 50+ meat wagons in a police convoy, all of a sudden this meat wagon line just ended, and about 5 of us were on our own, no colours and relatively 'casual', and the convoy with the whole support was quickening up to quite a pace and I felt like a rabbit at a Greyhound track - fortunately we managed to keep our distance and dive into a pub before the pace picked up and they easily got out of the convoy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 05:56 - Jul 28 with 4396 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 09:03 - Jul 27 by guildford_blue

I went Fratton Park - probably about 1996 (we had that awful green and maroon kit on). They were struggling and we were going for the play offs. Really hot day and very tight game, Mathie scored late on to give us a 0-1 win. They opened our end up with a few minutes to go and on coming out we were met by a surge of Pompey fans coming up the steps - lots of blood that day - one Ipswich guy was shouting 'stand and fight Town' whilst getting pummelled. Walking down that little alley behind the away end that day was pretty scary for a 15 year old after all that.

I was there that day, as an 10/11 year very scary indeed. Thought scowie got our goal though?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 6:02]
Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 06:44 - Jul 28 with 4360 viewsITFC_Forever

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 05:56 - Jul 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

I was there that day, as an 10/11 year very scary indeed. Thought scowie got our goal though?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 6:02]

Scowcroft got the injury time equaliser with 10 men near the start of the following season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 4214 viewsunbelievablue

Lucan and any other older types - ever run into Pompey's 657 mob? on 06:44 - Jul 28 by ITFC_Forever

Scowcroft got the injury time equaliser with 10 men near the start of the following season.

My first away game.

"12 men, you only had 12 men".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024