Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Bobby and Bob Paisley interviewed together video 1982 20:00 - Jul 26 with 1169 viewsgtsb1966

I'd never seen this until now. What gentlemen,and geniuses, they both were. Those really were the days. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155433226676132&id=119183616131
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 20:11]
Sir Bobby and Bob Paisley interviewed together video 1982 on 20:26 - Jul 26 with 1114 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes. Although I was reading something somewhere the other day in which Shankly and the players were totally against Paisley succeeding him - which totally surprised me. Can't remember now where I read it but it was very plausible and I think Phil Thompson might have confirmed it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sir Bobby and Bob Paisley interviewed together video 1982 on 20:53 - Jul 26 with 1070 viewsPJH

Sir Bobby and Bob Paisley interviewed together video 1982 on 20:26 - Jul 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yes. Although I was reading something somewhere the other day in which Shankly and the players were totally against Paisley succeeding him - which totally surprised me. Can't remember now where I read it but it was very plausible and I think Phil Thompson might have confirmed it.

I have got a biography of Shanks and according to that it was not that he was particularly against Bob Paisley succeeding him it was just that he never considered Paisley a viable candidate until the Liverpool Chairman suggested him.
Also according to the book Shanks regretted retiring and there was some consideration given to him returning but it did not happen(obviously).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024