Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The academy seems to be really bearing fruit since Bryan Klug returned 20:47 - Jul 26 with 8133 viewsDolly2.0

His sacking was yet another example of R*y Ke*anes ineptitude.

So glad we managed to persuade him to come back.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 0:46]

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 21:09 - Jul 26 with 7313 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not wishing to piss on your parade but Klugg wasn't Academy Director when the club sacked him. He left that position when he was appointed assistant coach to Magilton. Jim sacked him and brought in Gorman and when Keane arrived Klugg was doing a nothing job.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 22:14 - Jul 26 with 7162 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 21:09 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

Not wishing to piss on your parade but Klugg wasn't Academy Director when the club sacked him. He left that position when he was appointed assistant coach to Magilton. Jim sacked him and brought in Gorman and when Keane arrived Klugg was doing a nothing job.

Jim didn't sack him did he?

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 22:51 - Jul 26 with 7072 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 22:14 - Jul 26 by Dolly2.0

Jim didn't sack him did he?

Didn't he?

What would you call relieving somebody of their duties and replacing them with somebody else?

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 23:31 - Jul 26 with 7003 viewshoofer

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 23:51 - Jul 26 with 6966 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 22:51 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

Didn't he?

What would you call relieving somebody of their duties and replacing them with somebody else?

Was he still working at ITFC?

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 23:53 - Jul 26 with 6960 viewsRyorry

"Baring fruit" ...

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBAakJd.img?h=339&w=500&m

[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 0:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 00:26 - Jul 27 with 6913 viewsbournemouthblue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 22:51 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

Didn't he?

wasn't he essentially promoted to Assistant Manager though?

Edit: totally forgot about Gorman

What did Klug do after that?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 0:27]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 00:45 - Jul 27 with 6879 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 00:26 - Jul 27 by bournemouthblue

wasn't he essentially promoted to Assistant Manager though?

Edit: totally forgot about Gorman

What did Klug do after that?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 0:27]

You are correct - he was promoted to Assistant Manager, then made Head Of Football Development.

However, in Glasgow's world that means sacked.

He was of course actually kicked out of the club, i.e. sacked, by Roy Keane, as I stated in the OP.

Login to get fewer ads

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:20 - Jul 27 with 6720 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 23:51 - Jul 26 by Dolly2.0

Was he still working at ITFC?

So your boss comes in today and tells you that you are no longer a creative and instead of making ads for haribo your new role is to make the tea.

You've been sacked as a creative haven't you? There is no other way to dress it up.

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:33 - Jul 27 with 6667 viewsBenters

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:20 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

So your boss comes in today and tells you that you are no longer a creative and instead of making ads for haribo your new role is to make the tea.

You've been sacked as a creative haven't you? There is no other way to dress it up.

Its the 'Dollyswerve'in full swing.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The academy seems to be really bearing fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:58 - Jul 27 with 6609 viewsBluebell

Why did you type ' R*y Ke*anes' Dolly?

Does Gav's swear filter not accept the correct spellings?
The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:12 - Jul 27 with 6579 viewsitfcjoe

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 00:45 - Jul 27 by Dolly2.0

You are correct - he was promoted to Assistant Manager, then made Head Of Football Development.

He was of course actually kicked out of the club, i.e. sacked, by Roy Keane, as I stated in the OP.

When Roy Keane came in he had a nothing job. Sammy Morgan was head of the academy and Klug was in charge of what was the development squad - which in reality was 8 boys with no chance of making it and no fixtures.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:33 - Jul 27 with 6526 viewshype313

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:12 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

When Roy Keane came in he had a nothing job. Sammy Morgan was head of the academy and Klug was in charge of what was the development squad - which in reality was 8 boys with no chance of making it and no fixtures.

So essentially a tea boy then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:56 - Jul 27 with 6484 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 00:45 - Jul 27 by Dolly2.0

Yes he was sacked by Keane. But not from the post of Academy Director which was held by Sammy Morgan at the time I think.

Which renders your op pointless.

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 6481 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:12 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Correct.

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:27 - Jul 27 with 6382 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:20 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

So Klug was moved from a good job to the equivalent of tea boy? What utter nonsense.

Being sacked is when you get your P45 and are asked to leave the company. That's very different to being moved to a different role within that company.

You've lost the plot again mate.

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:31 - Jul 27 with 6369 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:56 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

Yes he was sacked by Keane. But not from the post of Academy Director which was held by Sammy Morgan at the time I think.

Which renders your op pointless.

He was sacked by the club and I'm grateful he's come back - that's what my OP states, nothing more.

Once again you're trying to create a row out of nothing. You really have too much time on your hands.

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:37 - Jul 27 with 6341 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:27 - Jul 27 by Dolly2.0

So Klug was moved from a good job to the equivalent of tea boy? What utter nonsense.

Being sacked is when you get your P45 and are asked to leave the company. That's very different to being moved to a different role within that company.

You've lost the plot again mate.

I refe r you to the posts by Hype and Joe.

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:42 - Jul 27 with 6320 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:37 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

I refe r you to the posts by Hype and Joe.

My OP made no comment on his last role. I said I was glad he's back (perhaps I should have specified "in the correct role" but I thought that went without saying).

Jim promoted him to assistant manager and presumably he couldn't put him back to his old role because Sammy Morgan was in that job then. But he didn't want to lose him altogether.

Unlike Roy Keane, who sacked him. You can twist it anyway you like, that's the fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18425868
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 12:15]

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:44 - Jul 27 with 6314 viewschicoazul

Plus wasnt Steve Foley around too? 'Skills Coach'.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 12:16 - Jul 27 with 6227 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 10:42 - Jul 27 by Dolly2.0

My OP made no comment on his last role. I said I was glad he's back (perhaps I should have specified "in the correct role" but I thought that went without saying).

Jim promoted him to assistant manager and presumably he couldn't put him back to his old role because Sammy Morgan was in that job then. But he didn't want to lose him altogether.

Unlike Roy Keane, who sacked him. You can twist it anyway you like, that's the fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18425868
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 12:15]

You used Klugg's sacking as an example of Keane's ineptitude. So Klugg's role at the time of his sacking is highly relevant. As 3 people have pointed out to you, when Keane sacked him his role was nothing more than a glorified tea boy.

Sheepy had promoted Klugg to first team coach but Jim sacked him from that role and brought in somebody who he thought could do better. John Gorman. The club, out of loyalty, found a role for him but as Joe has stated it was basically putting out cones.

Had Keane sacked him as Academy Director then you'd have a point. Klugg is one of the finest developers of youth talent. But he didn't.

There are plenty of examples of Keane's ineptitude. Clueless tactics, awful man management, a win ratio that is only marginally better than the hapless tub of lard Paul Jewell.

But Klugg's sacking from a nothing role isn't one of them.

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 14:41 - Jul 27 with 6092 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 12:16 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

You used Klugg's sacking as an example of Keane's ineptitude. So Klugg's role at the time of his sacking is highly relevant. As 3 people have pointed out to you, when Keane sacked him his role was nothing more than a glorified tea boy.

Sheepy had promoted Klugg to first team coach but Jim sacked him from that role and brought in somebody who he thought could do better. John Gorman. The club, out of loyalty, found a role for him but as Joe has stated it was basically putting out cones.

Had Keane sacked him as Academy Director then you'd have a point. Klugg is one of the finest developers of youth talent. But he didn't.

There are plenty of examples of Keane's ineptitude. Clueless tactics, awful man management, a win ratio that is only marginally better than the hapless tub of lard Paul Jewell.

But Klugg's sacking from a nothing role isn't one of them.

I disagree. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know why you keep saying Jim sacked him. He didn't, he was moved to another role in the same organisation.

You used the analogy of me moving from a well paid job as a senior creative to being the tea boy. I wouldn't put up with that... and I'm sure Klug wouldn't either.

You've turned a fairly mundane uncontroversial post into a row again over semantics. Well done.

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 14:47 - Jul 27 with 6078 viewsGlasgowBlue

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 14:41 - Jul 27 by Dolly2.0

I disagree. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know why you keep saying Jim sacked him. He didn't, he was moved to another role in the same organisation.

You used the analogy of me moving from a well paid job as a senior creative to being the tea boy. I wouldn't put up with that... and I'm sure Klug wouldn't either.

You've turned a fairly mundane uncontroversial post into a row again over semantics. Well done.

And again I refer you to Joe's post:

"When Roy Keane came in he had a nothing job. Sammy Morgan was head of the academy and Klug was in charge of what was the development squad - which in reality was 8 boys with no chance of making it and no fixtures".

Iron Lion Zion

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:49 - Jul 28 with 5944 viewsDolly2.0

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 14:47 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

And again I refer you to Joe's post:

"When Roy Keane came in he had a nothing job. Sammy Morgan was head of the academy and Klug was in charge of what was the development squad - which in reality was 8 boys with no chance of making it and no fixtures".

Reposting Joe's view is just swerving the points raised in mine.

I've read Joe's opinion. I don't need to read it again.

Klug moved to a lesser role than assistant manager, no doubt, but an experienced coach like him wouldn't accept a situation where he's gone from a senior role to that of tea boy level (just as I wouldn't).

You also fundamentally don't understand the concept of "getting the sack". Being moved to a different role within the same organisation is exactly that. Being told your services are not required by the organisation in any capacity, receiving a P45 and being asked to clear your desk - is getting the sack.

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 08:30 - Jul 28 with 5892 viewsitfcjoe

The academy seems to be really baring fruit since Bryan Klug returned on 07:49 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Reposting Joe's view is just swerving the points raised in mine.

I've read Joe's opinion. I don't need to read it again.

Klug moved to a lesser role than assistant manager, no doubt, but an experienced coach like him wouldn't accept a situation where he's gone from a senior role to that of tea boy level (just as I wouldn't).

You also fundamentally don't understand the concept of "getting the sack". Being moved to a different role within the same organisation is exactly that. Being told your services are not required by the organisation in any capacity, receiving a P45 and being asked to clear your desk - is getting the sack.

Have you ever heard of constructive dismissal, or being managed out?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024