Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow question 02:55 - Jul 27 with 8600 viewsRimmersBrace

I have a second home in France, I'm there now. What determines whether I can watch matches live? Is it my viewing location, my sign up address, my sign up location, my billing details (which could be French or English). If I sign up now, what prevents me from watching back in the UK.

Thanks!
iFollow question on 04:42 - Jul 27 with 8562 viewsKTBlue

Im not remotely but imagine it will be able to detect which country you are connecting to the internet from at the time of watching. Otherwise everyone on a foreign holiday could sign up and then watch it when they're home. Also if its anything like bbc iplayer it wont work through a vpn.
iFollow question on 04:54 - Jul 27 with 8558 viewsRimmersBrace

iFollow question on 04:42 - Jul 27 by KTBlue

Im not remotely but imagine it will be able to detect which country you are connecting to the internet from at the time of watching. Otherwise everyone on a foreign holiday could sign up and then watch it when they're home. Also if its anything like bbc iplayer it wont work through a vpn.

I watch iPlayer on a VPN all the time when I'm outside the UK.
iFollow question on 05:00 - Jul 27 with 8561 viewstrncbluearmy

I asked exactly the same question plus some others in the hope it all works on matchday but got some garbled reply which was no help whatsoever.
I suspect it recognises your ISP when abroad.
I have paid my money and hope it works ok but to be honest not overly confident, reckon the chances of Radio Suffolk commentary and one camera picture working in tandem are remote,and there have been no highlights from the friendlies.
All seems a bit amatour hour to me, really hope to be proved wrong and can watch Town thrash the hapless brummies live and in glorious colour!

In answer to another comment on thread, iplayer works on vpn for me.
iFollow question on 05:12 - Jul 27 with 8548 viewsKTBlue

iFollow question on 05:00 - Jul 27 by trncbluearmy

I asked exactly the same question plus some others in the hope it all works on matchday but got some garbled reply which was no help whatsoever.
I suspect it recognises your ISP when abroad.
I have paid my money and hope it works ok but to be honest not overly confident, reckon the chances of Radio Suffolk commentary and one camera picture working in tandem are remote,and there have been no highlights from the friendlies.
All seems a bit amatour hour to me, really hope to be proved wrong and can watch Town thrash the hapless brummies live and in glorious colour!

In answer to another comment on thread, iplayer works on vpn for me.

At the end of he day its going o be better than following it kn twitter which is what i currently do and 100 quid is nothing when you think about it. Im definitely going to give it a go and qm hopeful it will coincide with a decent season
iFollow question on 06:07 - Jul 27 with 8521 viewsRimmersBrace

iFollow question on 05:12 - Jul 27 by KTBlue

At the end of he day its going o be better than following it kn twitter which is what i currently do and 100 quid is nothing when you think about it. Im definitely going to give it a go and qm hopeful it will coincide with a decent season

I'm going to give this a bash as well. Interestingly, I've never seen that it's illegal to watch BBC abroad on a VPN. Also, I suspect there will be no incentive for this new service to start blocking people. Also this won't affect how much I go to home games. I doubt it will affect away expenditure either.
iFollow question on 07:32 - Jul 27 with 8460 viewsSWGF

iFollow question on 04:54 - Jul 27 by RimmersBrace

I watch iPlayer on a VPN all the time when I'm outside the UK.

I would imagine they'll want an overseas billing address as you set it up, and you'll need to register while on your VPN so you get the overseas option.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

iFollow question on 19:27 - Jul 27 with 8321 viewsCrawfordsboot

I have just signed up here in Switzerland. The video content appears to work pretty well. Very good high definition pictures but some flicker in fast action.

I am so looking fwd to the season.

I think they filter viewers via the web address.
iFollow question on 20:24 - Jul 27 with 8277 viewsBurwell_Blue

I live in Cambridge and have signed up over a VPN.

If you sign up using your French ISP you will be fine. You can then watch in Blighty if you turn your VPN on.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow question on 20:47 - Jul 27 with 8251 viewsGinja

iFollow question on 19:27 - Jul 27 by Crawfordsboot

I have just signed up here in Switzerland. The video content appears to work pretty well. Very good high definition pictures but some flicker in fast action.

I am so looking fwd to the season.

I think they filter viewers via the web address.

Thinking about signing up for this in Canada. Does anyone know what sort of live game feed we'll be getting? Is it really likely to only be one camera? Do we get replays of goals etc on the live match feed or have they effectively just given some old bloke in the Cobbold Stand a discount on his season ticket to vaguely point a camera at the action?

The program I believe is run by Neulion, I was buying a prmeier league package off them last year and never had any issues with buffering or stream quality.
iFollow question on 08:51 - Jul 28 with 8154 viewsRimmersBrace

iFollow question on 20:47 - Jul 27 by Ginja

Thinking about signing up for this in Canada. Does anyone know what sort of live game feed we'll be getting? Is it really likely to only be one camera? Do we get replays of goals etc on the live match feed or have they effectively just given some old bloke in the Cobbold Stand a discount on his season ticket to vaguely point a camera at the action?

The program I believe is run by Neulion, I was buying a prmeier league package off them last year and never had any issues with buffering or stream quality.

I suspect it will be the same feed they run on the closed circuit system at the ground. Unless it changes, I think that is one camera. They do have a few replays. Not sure about commentary. There may be no commentary. To get an idea you can look at the clubs Youtube channel.
iFollow question on 09:02 - Jul 28 with 8137 viewsRimmersBrace

iFollow question on 08:51 - Jul 28 by RimmersBrace

I suspect it will be the same feed they run on the closed circuit system at the ground. Unless it changes, I think that is one camera. They do have a few replays. Not sure about commentary. There may be no commentary. To get an idea you can look at the clubs Youtube channel.

This probably is about the standard, unless they change it:

If the game is selected for highlights, then it normally more professional.
iFollow question on 09:11 - Jul 28 with 8116 viewsBurwell_Blue

iFollow question on 20:47 - Jul 27 by Ginja

If its the same feed that the Exec boxes get, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, then there are no replays.
iFollow question on 09:59 - Jul 28 with 8098 viewsmichaeldownunder

Just signed up for it, 180 Oz dollars.
OK maybe not the best but better than nothing. It says live commentary, that's good when you are hiding behind the sofa with 5 min to go
iFollow question on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 8038 viewsRimmersBrace

iFollow question on 09:11 - Jul 28 by Burwell_Blue

If its the same feed that the Exec boxes get, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, then there are no replays.

I'm pretty sure they do run some replays for goals etc. They are very amature. I'm sure Phil can confirm as it's the same feed for the press box.
iFollow question on 12:55 - Jul 28 with 8007 viewsBurwell_Blue

iFollow question on 11:52 - Jul 28 by RimmersBrace

I'm pretty sure they do run some replays for goals etc. They are very amature. I'm sure Phil can confirm as it's the same feed for the press box.

They certainly didn't when I last had a box.
iFollow question on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 7854 viewsCrawfordsboot

I have signed up for this in Switzerland and can access it on my mac mini and then view it on my smart TV using airplay.

However I can not access it directly on my smart TV.
Searching for the apps it just can't find iFollow. Alternatively if I use theTVs web browser it finds the Town site and I can log in but when I try to view a video I just get a black screen.

Any ideas as to whether I should be able to access it direct on my smart TV?

Forgive my technical incompetence but I still have fond memories of Crawford and Phillips!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 12:32]
iFollow question on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 7832 viewsbluelagos

iFollow question on 12:31 - Jul 29 by Crawfordsboot

I have signed up for this in Switzerland and can access it on my mac mini and then view it on my smart TV using airplay.

However I can not access it directly on my smart TV.
Searching for the apps it just can't find iFollow. Alternatively if I use theTVs web browser it finds the Town site and I can log in but when I try to view a video I just get a black screen.

Any ideas as to whether I should be able to access it direct on my smart TV?

Forgive my technical incompetence but I still have fond memories of Crawford and Phillips!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 12:32]

Just get your lad to sort it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

iFollow question on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 7755 viewsbluepirate

I am considering it, don't see as many games living in New Jersey, and not waiting for promotion anymore so that I can watch all the games on NBC.

Only stumbling for me is the match replays? I sometimes work Saturday mornings when the games are on, and watch a load or dvr'd games I the afternoon and evening. Any idea if they will be full replays or just highlights, and will they be on there temporarily or for a few days as I might be away for the weekends working at games?
iFollow question on 08:20 - Aug 4 with 7577 viewsIpswichTownNL

I wanted to wait and see the reviews of the iFollow thing because I'm afraid it will have some serious start-up problems or there would be a 10 min real time delay in footage which would make me go insane.

However, with the kick off tomorrow I’m getting a bit a anxious. Someone told there is a trial option but I can’t find anything.

I think it’s bad — well, € 130,- for all games is a steal if it works properly tbf - there is no pay per game option. I think they overlook the fact that outside the UK people’s lives aren’t ‘build’ around 4 PM Football on a Saturday.

Anyway, does anyone have clue on the trail thing? Otherwise I’ll probably be forking out the € 130,- tomorrow at 15:59….

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024