Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v South Africa-Third Test 11:01 - Jul 27 with 15623 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eng win toss and bat. Any guesses at when first wicket will fall? Cook edged behind at 1109.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 11:01]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:01 - Jul 27 with 7964 viewsSteve_M

If you're watching it....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:03 - Jul 27 with 7955 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:01 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

If you're watching it....

Now now. My commenting on the women's final thread the other day, yielded two wickets in quick succession.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 7940 viewsbluewein

Bloody hell. Cook to score 1109? Not having the captaincy is gonna do him a world of good..!

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:08 - Jul 27 with 7926 viewsIpswichKnight

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:05 - Jul 27 by bluewein

Bloody hell. Cook to score 1109? Not having the captaincy is gonna do him a world of good..!

Does that he will be closing in on Sachin Tendulkar as all time leading runs scorer in tests, just passed another Essex legend in AB with a 4 in the first over.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:16 - Jul 27 with 7900 viewsSteve_M

Well, there goes Jennings. Philander just too good for him.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:18 - Jul 27 with 7891 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:16 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

Jennings has this 'dead man walking' look about him. We really look a very vulnerable side at the moment. I really hope these debutants don't freeze.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:20 - Jul 27 with 7872 viewsbluewein

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:08 - Jul 27 by IpswichKnight

Does that he will be closing in on Sachin Tendulkar as all time leading runs scorer in tests, just passed another Essex legend in AB with a 4 in the first over.

Some effort, isn't it?

It really saddened me to see the stick Cook took last year. He's clearly one of the best batsmen ever, 4 Ashes wins, 2 as captain, records smashed left, right and center, yet the dogs abuse he got after being off form (he's entitled to at least one off day) was pretty terrible.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:21 - Jul 27 with 7860 viewsbluewein

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:16 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

There goes Jennings test career too, one would imagine.

Login to get fewer ads

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:22 - Jul 27 with 7858 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:18 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Jennings has this 'dead man walking' look about him. We really look a very vulnerable side at the moment. I really hope these debutants don't freeze.

About five of the nine balls he faced were excellent, but he never looked confident that he could survive. How many openers have we tried since Strauss retired now?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 7834 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:22 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

About five of the nine balls he faced were excellent, but he never looked confident that he could survive. How many openers have we tried since Strauss retired now?

Carberry, Robson, Compton, Lyth, Trott, Hales, Duckett, Hameed and now Jennings. That's some list. Out of those, I still have some hopes for Duckett and Hameed. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Robson or Hales again but the others have well and truly gone I suspect.

Root and Ali of the current side have opened too.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:32 - Jul 27 with 7816 viewsjimsymBLUE

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:29 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Carberry, Robson, Compton, Lyth, Trott, Hales, Duckett, Hameed and now Jennings. That's some list. Out of those, I still have some hopes for Duckett and Hameed. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Robson or Hales again but the others have well and truly gone I suspect.

Root and Ali of the current side have opened too.

Have to get Hameed back in and back the kid. Clearly has a big game temperament, excellent technique and is the future. Will play well on bouncy Australian wickets too. Got everything crossed that Westley gets a few....

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 7800 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:32 - Jul 27 by jimsymBLUE

Have to get Hameed back in and back the kid. Clearly has a big game temperament, excellent technique and is the future. Will play well on bouncy Australian wickets too. Got everything crossed that Westley gets a few....

Essex to the rescue with a ton plus stand?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 7785 viewsjimsymBLUE

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:36 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Essex to the rescue with a ton plus stand?

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 12:46 - Jul 27 with 7717 viewsSteve_M

Decent enough since Jennings got out, very thin edge saving Cook and a couple of balls in the air but otherwise excellent Test match batting.

Like SA at Trent Bridge, backing yourself to bat through a tricky opening period is good to watch.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 7665 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 12:46 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

Decent enough since Jennings got out, very thin edge saving Cook and a couple of balls in the air but otherwise excellent Test match batting.

Like SA at Trent Bridge, backing yourself to bat through a tricky opening period is good to watch.

Proper test match batting this morning. Watch your off stump, put away the bad ball. Long may it continue. Westley has looked impressive to me so far but I suspect a couple of fielders posted at square leg after lunch.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:34 - Jul 27 with 7641 viewsSamuelowen88

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:23 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Proper test match batting this morning. Watch your off stump, put away the bad ball. Long may it continue. Westley has looked impressive to me so far but I suspect a couple of fielders posted at square leg after lunch.

You strike again

Poll: England v Wales Score

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:38 - Jul 27 with 7631 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:34 - Jul 27 by Samuelowen88

You strike again

I should really be banned from cricket threads.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:47 - Jul 27 with 7574 viewsgainsboroughblue

Root gone to a simply superb delivery. A lesser batsman would have been nowhere near it.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:37 - Jul 27 with 7541 viewsSamuelowen88

4 down now. 120 /4

Poll: England v Wales Score

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 7538 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:37 - Jul 27 by Samuelowen88

4 down now. 120 /4

A little bit of an ungainly looking dismissal. There seems to be absolutely no let up from SA here. England have tried to do everything right this time, no rash shots or anything like that. Just being outgunned by, which looks to me like, a far superior outfit.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:42 - Jul 27 with 7534 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:37 - Jul 27 by Samuelowen88

4 down now. 120 /4

It's been very good bowling for the most part rather than crap batting, Cook is playing well though.

Hard to know what a good score is at the moment, it's early in the Summer for an Oval Test but we need Stokes, Bairstow and Ali to score some runs.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:50 - Jul 27 with 7527 viewsGogs

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:42 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

It's been very good bowling for the most part rather than crap batting, Cook is playing well though.

Hard to know what a good score is at the moment, it's early in the Summer for an Oval Test but we need Stokes, Bairstow and Ali to score some runs.

Yep, it'd be harsh to lay any blame at Westley, Root or Malan, they were all great deliveries.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 7441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bug*er. Cook out for 88. Reviewed but umpires call.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:37 - Jul 28 with 7431 viewsReuser_is_God

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:25 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Bug*er. Cook out for 88. Reviewed but umpires call.

Looked plum live too, bit hasty in reviewing but was closer than I thought.

Vital that Stokes & Bairstow bat beyond lunch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 7412 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:37 - Jul 28 by Reuser_is_God

Looked plum live too, bit hasty in reviewing but was closer than I thought.

Vital that Stokes & Bairstow bat beyond lunch.

Other than that ball it looks fairly comfortable. Cook was obviously convinced it was high although given the new ball is 10 overs away, nothing lost by reviewing.

I really don't like Chris Morris, he just has an annoying face, so good to see him smashed around a bit by Stokes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024