Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v South Africa-Third Test 11:01 - Jul 27 with 15706 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eng win toss and bat. Any guesses at when first wicket will fall? Cook edged behind at 1109.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 11:01]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:58 - Jul 28 with 3765 viewsGogs

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:52 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Other than that ball it looks fairly comfortable. Cook was obviously convinced it was high although given the new ball is 10 overs away, nothing lost by reviewing.

I really don't like Chris Morris, he just has an annoying face, so good to see him smashed around a bit by Stokes.

So what's going to be a decent 1st innings score then, anyone? 320-350? I'm only following it online really so far (saw brief highlights from yesterday). The memory of England v SA at the oval 5 years ago is still very fresh, when they got 600-odd for 2(!) and beat us by an innings, and the last test at Nottingham too makes me a little worried how this one's going to go.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 12:04 - Jul 28 with 3758 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:58 - Jul 28 by Gogs

So what's going to be a decent 1st innings score then, anyone? 320-350? I'm only following it online really so far (saw brief highlights from yesterday). The memory of England v SA at the oval 5 years ago is still very fresh, when they got 600-odd for 2(!) and beat us by an innings, and the last test at Nottingham too makes me a little worried how this one's going to go.

Probably, think the conditions will mean that the ball does a lot throughout the Test. It looks a bit more batsman friendly today than yesterday but it was really only Philander who was unplayable.

I went to Day 2 of that one, it looked a perfectly poised Test match at the end of that but then the following day was Amla's. Hopefully SA will have a few memories of Stokes and Bairstow in Cape Town to contemplate this afternoon

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England v South Africa-Third Test on 12:21 - Jul 28 with 3748 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 12:04 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Probably, think the conditions will mean that the ball does a lot throughout the Test. It looks a bit more batsman friendly today than yesterday but it was really only Philander who was unplayable.

I went to Day 2 of that one, it looked a perfectly poised Test match at the end of that but then the following day was Amla's. Hopefully SA will have a few memories of Stokes and Bairstow in Cape Town to contemplate this afternoon

I went to day 2 as well. Saw a good old England collapse from 250 for 3 to 360 odd all out but we got Alviro Peterson in the first over of their innings with a few rain breaks along the way.

I returned on day 4 with a different group of friends to watch Amla and Kallis bat and bat. They declared on 630 odd for 2 or something stupid then we lost something like 4 wickets very limply indeed. I'd gone into that pub round the corner long before. Bloody hot too.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:07 - Jul 28 with 3726 viewsSteve_M

Still, very nicely poised at 269/6. Baristow and Stokes scoring at a good rate make it look a bit better but the second wicket we could have done without.

SA whinging about the new ball already though. Get through the first hour after lunch and 350 might be achievable.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:27 - Jul 28 with 3715 viewsSteve_M

300 up for England.

South Africa's decision to try and get Roland-Jones on strike being rewarded with some cracking fours.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:27 - Jul 28 with 3711 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

300 up

They're giving stokes the single. But Roland-Jones is looking superb down the other end rather than a tail ender which makes South Africa's tactics silly.

304-7

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:30 - Jul 28 with 3708 viewsReuser_is_God

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:27 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

300 up

They're giving stokes the single. But Roland-Jones is looking superb down the other end rather than a tail ender which makes South Africa's tactics silly.

304-7

Think that's due to Roland-Jones being an unknown quantity to SA.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:30 - Jul 28 with 3707 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'He's proving to be a bit expensive' says Michael Holding as Morris' 17th over goes for 17 runs.

He's gone for 91 off those 17 overs. Roland-Jones smashes him for 6 off his last ball.

Login to get fewer ads

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:31 - Jul 28 with 3704 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 14:30 - Jul 28 by Reuser_is_God

Think that's due to Roland-Jones being an unknown quantity to SA.

True. But they have continued to give stokes the single despite it being pretty obvious the RJ is handy with the bat.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:01 - Jul 28 with 3687 viewsgainsboroughblue

Stokes on fire. 3 sixes in a row. Hundred up.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:03 - Jul 28 with 3686 viewsITFC1983

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:01 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Was about to say exactly that but you beat me to it! Boom, boom, boom!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 3680 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:03 - Jul 28 by ITFC1983

Was about to say exactly that but you beat me to it! Boom, boom, boom!

We've now scored 13 more runs than in the entirety of the previous Test. 350+ is a good score on this pitch, anything extra now is a bonus.

352 all out then. Time for a quick 20 minutes before tea.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:10 - Jul 28 with 3677 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:01 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Caught on the boundary on 91 but Du Plessis couldn't stay in bounds from his backwards stretch/dive and his shoulder touched the ropes.

Muharaj then went for two sixes off the next two balls to really rub it in as stokes got his ton.

Well batted England

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:17 - Jul 28 with 3666 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:10 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Caught on the boundary on 91 but Du Plessis couldn't stay in bounds from his backwards stretch/dive and his shoulder touched the ropes.

Muharaj then went for two sixes off the next two balls to really rub it in as stokes got his ton.

Well batted England

Let's not waste the new ball now. May be an idea to get Stokes on early seeing as he has the bit between his teeth. Brearley-esque captaincy.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:16 - Jul 28 with 3649 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 15:17 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Let's not waste the new ball now. May be an idea to get Stokes on early seeing as he has the bit between his teeth. Brearley-esque captaincy.

Or Roland-Jones.

Wicket in his second over is a good start. A few more tonight and I might yet watch both sides bat tomorrow.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:26 - Jul 28 with 3640 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:16 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Or Roland-Jones.

Wicket in his second over is a good start. A few more tonight and I might yet watch both sides bat tomorrow.

Roland-Jones could be the new Sidebottom. Decent county bowler who gets a late-career international run.

That was a little too close to being a no ball though.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:40 - Jul 28 with 3630 viewsITFC1983

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:26 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Roland-Jones could be the new Sidebottom. Decent county bowler who gets a late-career international run.

That was a little too close to being a no ball though.

All 3 so far! 30/3

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:47 - Jul 28 with 3619 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:16 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Or Roland-Jones.

The weather forecast suggests that both sides might have to bat before lunch for that to happen! It's not impossible if another couple fall tonight.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:54 - Jul 28 with 3607 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:47 - Jul 28 by TLA

The weather forecast suggests that both sides might have to bat before lunch for that to happen! It's not impossible if another couple fall tonight.

I'm holding on to the fact that the forecast changes everytime I look at it. Two good sessions will be a bonus at the moment though.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:57 - Jul 28 with 3600 viewsSamuelowen88

TRJ with 4 wickets!

Poll: England v Wales Score

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:58 - Jul 28 with 3598 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:54 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

I'm holding on to the fact that the forecast changes everytime I look at it. Two good sessions will be a bonus at the moment though.

When I looked yesterday, I thought I'd be nipping to Charlton for 3pm as it looked like a washout after lunch. It's a little better now though.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:03 - Jul 28 with 3586 viewsBinner

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:57 - Jul 28 by Samuelowen88

TRJ with 4 wickets!

Now 47/5.

Cricket - The sport that keeps on giving...and giving...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:04 - Jul 28 with 3585 viewsSamuelowen88

5 down for now

47/5

Poll: England v Wales Score

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 3580 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 16:54 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

Follow on forced and all done by lunch tomorrow?!
England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 3580 viewschicoazul

Saffers in full choke mode here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024