Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I think we all knew this was coming 14:00 - Jul 27 with 7437 viewsMJallday

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:47 - Jul 27 with 1541 viewshowdonblue

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:42 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Someone said we've sold less than 50 extra season tickets since June, so your theory (unsurprisingly) is nonsense.

Evans got the deals done early, because the players were available. Simple as that.

Believe what you want mate !

If you don't like my opinion you can always block me !

Your choice buddy
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 07:33 - Jul 28 with 1468 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:42 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Someone said we've sold less than 50 extra season tickets since June, so your theory (unsurprisingly) is nonsense.

Evans got the deals done early, because the players were available. Simple as that.

Not sure I like it when I see posters calling other posters threads nonsense. The 50 is all well and good but you cannot prove where they might have been otherwise.

Anyway, I have read some of your posts on other recent threads and people in glass houses and all of that.

BOT

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 07:56 - Jul 28 with 1450 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 07:33 - Jul 28 by BorisOrTrevor

Not sure I like it when I see posters calling other posters threads nonsense. The 50 is all well and good but you cannot prove where they might have been otherwise.

Anyway, I have read some of your posts on other recent threads and people in glass houses and all of that.

Which threads were those then? It's an opinion board and mine differs to howdon based on the facts i'd heard from someone i trust.

I'm sure, given your previous incarnation, my views will differ to yours. I'm sure you, I, nor anyone else is losing any sleep over that.

Have a good day :)
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 07:58 - Jul 28 with 1445 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:47 - Jul 27 by howdonblue

Believe what you want mate !

If you don't like my opinion you can always block me !

Your choice buddy

I will. I'll believe the numbers from the club, rather than you.

No need to block you, just to show when you're talking silly business :)
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 08:20 - Jul 28 with 1422 viewsitfcjoe

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 17:25 - Jul 27 by HarryfromBath

I am now worried. I confess that I still lament the sale of Daryl Murphy with every passing day. We should have matched Newcastle's offer and killed the matter there and then.

We all know that there is inflation in the player market this year, but assessing the market like one for various commodities, inflation in the market for strikers as a commodity has sky-rocketed. Maybe it wasn't easy to spot last year, but it is screamingly obvious this summer.

We are in a situation comparable to where we were last August. Accept the reality that this is the new going rate for front-men (and they they can be sold accordingly for a similar high price) or live with the risk. I hope I am wrong, but in this case the risk is akin to playing with fire.

Totally agree Harry, the market is what it is and it isn't going to change any times soon. If your recruitment is right you will always do well.

As an e.g. 4 years ago Peterborough in L1 paid over £1.5m for Britt Assombalonga, they sold him for for over £5.5m just a year later.

Forest paid £5.5m for him and sold him for £15m 3 years later.

If the plan is "‘To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development’ then you need to stump up some cash to do so.

Brentford have signed Ollie Watkins for £1.8m, Cardiff with Danny Ward for £2.5m, Forest got Jason Cummings, Reading with Bodvarsson, James Vaughan at Sunderland, there are a number of others.

Where as now we are in a situation when we are going to rely on a loan player, who will have missed pre season, and you've got parent clubs dictating how often they play.

Evans needs to back Mick's judgement that if he is going to spend a coat he will be able to increase their value as he has done numerous times in the past - both here and elsewhere. You can't have it both ways

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 1397 viewsKieran_Knows

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 08:20 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Totally agree Harry, the market is what it is and it isn't going to change any times soon. If your recruitment is right you will always do well.

As an e.g. 4 years ago Peterborough in L1 paid over £1.5m for Britt Assombalonga, they sold him for for over £5.5m just a year later.

Forest paid £5.5m for him and sold him for £15m 3 years later.

If the plan is "‘To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development’ then you need to stump up some cash to do so.

Brentford have signed Ollie Watkins for £1.8m, Cardiff with Danny Ward for £2.5m, Forest got Jason Cummings, Reading with Bodvarsson, James Vaughan at Sunderland, there are a number of others.

Where as now we are in a situation when we are going to rely on a loan player, who will have missed pre season, and you've got parent clubs dictating how often they play.

Evans needs to back Mick's judgement that if he is going to spend a coat he will be able to increase their value as he has done numerous times in the past - both here and elsewhere. You can't have it both ways

Yet somehow, the lack of investment will be seen as Mick's fault as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024