Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I think we all knew this was coming 14:00 - Jul 27 with 7431 viewsMJallday

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:02 - Jul 27 with 5856 viewsBlueBadger

Given that the last striker we were seriously linked with was a 'loan to buy' season long deal, it's neither surprising, or as disastrous as some will in variably claim.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 5832 viewsuefacup81

I've no issue with that. I'd rather have a striker on loan that would have cost £2/3/4/5 million on a permanent, rather than a £1m striker on a permanent deal.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 5830 viewsMJallday

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:02 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Given that the last striker we were seriously linked with was a 'loan to buy' season long deal, it's neither surprising, or as disastrous as some will in variably claim.

I don't mind providing we can tie it up before the start of the season

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 5818 viewshype313

Yes some bonkers fees in the PL and the Championship to a degree but not in the lower leagues or the Danish, Finnish, Dutch, German, Austrian leagues etc.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 5817 viewsBlueBadger

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:03 - Jul 27 by MJallday

I don't mind providing we can tie it up before the start of the season

Not a disaster if they come afterwards, as they'll hopefully have been in full training and fit.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 14:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 with 5793 viewsMark

Remind me what "bonkers" fee we got for Brett Pitman?

Is the 5-point plan officially dead before it even got started?

‘To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development’

If we never buy young players, we can never sell them for big fees to help us financially compete again.
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 with 5781 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:02 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Agree.said something similar last week. Looks like we've tried various options too

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:07 - Jul 27 with 5754 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I've got a feeling Sears is going to have a good season. We've still got Sears right?
Login to get fewer ads

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:07 - Jul 27 with 5750 viewsLuk38644

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Agree.said something similar last week. Looks like we've tried various options too

I would like to think we are at least interested in Sam Gallagher on loan!
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:10 - Jul 27 with 5709 viewshype313

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

So our scouting network consists of Mick phoning up a few PL managers asking if they have any youngsters they fancy farming out?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 5665 viewshoppy

Should go in for John Marquis... he signed a new deal at Doncaster, but I'm sure would jump at the chance to move up a league, and I doubt it would even need to be a 'bonkers' fee to get him.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 14:13]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:17 - Jul 27 with 5624 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:04 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Not a disaster if they come afterwards, as they'll hopefully have been in full training and fit.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 14:19]

Yep. Better to get the right player, rather than any player.

We have plenty of striking options for the start of the season and McG and Garner are nailed on to start anyway.
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:26 - Jul 27 with 5546 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 by Mark

‘To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development’

If we never buy young players, we can never sell them for big fees to help us financially compete again.

Good job we haven't bought Huws, Ward, Webster or Rowe in the last 12 months
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:35 - Jul 27 with 5459 viewsMark

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:26 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Good job we haven't bought Huws, Ward, Webster or Rowe in the last 12 months

Ward and Webster were last summer and before announcement of the 5-point plan. We need more signings like them this summer.

Huws is 24 in a couple of months. Rowe is 25, so not a youngster but good to develop him from non-league nonetheless.

I'd like to see us signing players in late teens or early 20s with bigger scope for becoming top players (and earning huge fees if we sell them).
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:13 - Jul 27 with 5304 viewsITFC_Forever

So we've basically said we're never paying a fee for a decent striker again.... prices aren't coming down.

What next? Midfielders? Defenders? Goalkeepers? Utility squad men?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 5287 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:07 - Jul 27 by Luk38644

I would like to think we are at least interested in Sam Gallagher on loan!

Omar Bogle liked this tweet:

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:25 - Jul 27 with 5253 viewsBenters

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 14:05 - Jul 27 by Mark

Is that the famous 3 point plan that went to a 5 point plan the following day?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:35 - Jul 27 with 5219 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've never felt so demotivated ahead of a new season. We are heading for a mid-table finish around the 15th mark and everyone knows it. The new signings aren't going to get us near the top six, they'll keep us in the Championship and that's about it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:37 - Jul 27 with 5210 viewshype313

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:35 - Jul 27 by The_Last_Baron

I've never felt so demotivated ahead of a new season. We are heading for a mid-table finish around the 15th mark and everyone knows it. The new signings aren't going to get us near the top six, they'll keep us in the Championship and that's about it.

That fits in with Marcus's blueprint for the club then.

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 17:25 - Jul 27 with 5133 viewsHarryfromBath

I am now worried. I confess that I still lament the sale of Daryl Murphy with every passing day. We should have matched Newcastle's offer and killed the matter there and then.

We all know that there is inflation in the player market this year, but assessing the market like one for various commodities, inflation in the market for strikers as a commodity has sky-rocketed. Maybe it wasn't easy to spot last year, but it is screamingly obvious this summer.

We are in a situation comparable to where we were last August. Accept the reality that this is the new going rate for front-men (and they they can be sold accordingly for a similar high price) or live with the risk. I hope I am wrong, but in this case the risk is akin to playing with fire.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 21:00 - Jul 27 with 4950 viewsVic

No problem with this.

Dreaming for a moment - we get a decent loan signing and his goals lift us into the playoffs, which we win and get promo. We lose said signing, but now have enough cash to buy proper forward we've all been wanting.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 21:20 - Jul 27 with 4888 viewsSuperfrans

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 21:00 - Jul 27 by Vic

No problem with this.

Dreaming for a moment - we get a decent loan signing and his goals lift us into the playoffs, which we win and get promo. We lose said signing, but now have enough cash to buy proper forward we've all been wanting.

Indeed. We'd be crazy spending £5/6m on a striker at this stage, in an inflated market. These clubs spending £8-£10m in the Championship have a shock coming to them.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 21:25 - Jul 27 with 4868 viewsITFC_Forever

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 21:20 - Jul 27 by Superfrans

Indeed. We'd be crazy spending £5/6m on a striker at this stage, in an inflated market. These clubs spending £8-£10m in the Championship have a shock coming to them.

Two 'Boro signings (who have parachute money) and a mad one from Brizzle.

All other strikers in this league have been relatively normal fees.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:32 - Jul 27 with 4751 viewshowdonblue

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 16:35 - Jul 27 by The_Last_Baron

Agree totally

I shall probably get slaughtered for this but WTF

Evans got the early deals done to get season ticket sales going again and now we are going through the same bxxxxxxt as we have been going through since Murphy left .

BONKERS PRICES BLA DE BLAH
Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:42 - Jul 27 with 4683 viewsElderGrizzly

Well I think we all knew this was coming on 22:32 - Jul 27 by howdonblue

Agree totally

I shall probably get slaughtered for this but WTF

Evans got the early deals done to get season ticket sales going again and now we are going through the same bxxxxxxt as we have been going through since Murphy left .

BONKERS PRICES BLA DE BLAH

Someone said we've sold less than 50 extra season tickets since June, so your theory (unsurprisingly) is nonsense.

Evans got the deals done early, because the players were available. Simple as that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024