Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started 16:33 - Jul 27 with 7585 viewsMullet

Given Watson has confirmed what we expected. Our fourth striker, isn’t likely to be someone starting every week necessarily if the Ugbo story is a guide. Here’s some of the potential players we might/definitely won’t/can’t see us likely to be looking around various available for loan speculation.

Arsenal: Already had AMN, so a likely club to loan us someone. The obvious candidate is serial loanee Chuba Akpom. I think we were linked under Jewell rather than MM but since then he’s moved about, and a very Ipswich style move when he upset Brighton fans (good lad) and scored about 1 in 10.
Toral — this would be massive. As unlikely as Joel Campbell coming here I’d have thought, but seems he has no future there. Good spells in this league and always caused us problems. He’d also fit more with an alternative for McGoldrick than cover for Garner who will know him from time together at Rangers.

Burnley: Chris Long, I’ve mentioned him before but the former Everton youngster had a good spell at Bolton winning them promotion and has been linked with a return. He’d fit in with being something slightly different to everyone we have already too. I’d be a fan of him coming here from what I can see of him.

Chelsea: So many players out on loan it’s a farce and given how Ugbo went to Barnsley I can’t imagine Mick would go back with his flat cap in hand. Seems likely if Ugbo was the one, we’ve missed the boat.

Palace: You’d think Joniesta would speak more than highly of us, and that would lead his colleagues to consider us. He might even hobble here himself again. Kwesi Appiah went out to Keiffer Moore’s old club after injury and several loan spells, having come from non-league he’s now at Wimbledon. You’d have thought Freddie Ladapo who’s 24, 6ft 2 and doesn’t score much would be a prime candidate for Mick though. Previous target Kaikai might be knocking about too if Mick wants a winger thrown in.

Everton: Oumar Niasse seems to be an expensive flop they want shot of. Did well at Hull so you’d expect a move back is more likely than no one wanting him at all and him ending up here. Uruguayan Leandro Rodriguez seems to have no future there either having had one spell in Belgium without playing and before that two games at Brentford. At 24 with a contract until 2019 you wonder if he could be on his way out.

Liverpool: Ryan Kent who was young POTY at Barnsley is an option as a winger but again nothing much stands out from Liverpool’s squad. Taiwo Awoniyi is a big 19 year old striker who did well in Dutch football albeit in a poor team and he didn’t score much it seems.

Man City: Unless Celina has loved his time in Ipswich more than the pictures let on I can’t see many from the thousands of starlets the Mancs have coming here. Enes Unal who he set up goals for at Twente left for a high profile move but further down the pecking order they have Luka Nmecha who seems to score goals for fun at youth level and is expected to go out for a stiffer test this coming season, he might be a bit too young/green for a Championship slog. City did loan a young Swede hyped with the Zlatan tag Zackarias Faour who has yet to be tested at senior level and seems to be one we should consider asking about.

Soton: Sam Gallagher. Didn’t look that great to me in our game at Ewood Park last season then neither did their other loanee Samuelsen who were actually linked with, nor their whole team. That said you can’t deny the season he had, or the fact he might even be out of our reach now.

Swansea: Emnes another one at Blackburn who has a more established career of the odd hit and plenty of misses. You’d think he’d come here with lots of worry for us rather than opposition defences. Far too inconsistent and not the right sort of player I suspect.

Spurs: You’d think with Grant Ward and Klug’s history they’d be a likely club for us to target. Josh Onomah is more of a midfielder and looks set to go out on loan according to speculation. You can’t help but feel he’d be worth enquiring about though. There’s also some idea that N’Koudou’s big move isn’t working out and he should go on loan (a lower Prem club most likely) but he’d be a real coup potentially given his versatility as an attacking playmaker.

West Brom: I’d love us to get McManaman after the Owls managed to. He’d be absolute quality but I can’t begin to imagine where we’d get the cash from. The link with Leko seems likely to resurface, and he’d be a decent enough addition. Given he's billed primarily as a winger it does make it seem like we could literally settle for anyone who can offer versatility. Out of everyone he seems destined to be the one we’re waiting on I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:12 - Jul 27 with 2544 viewsElderGrizzly

Woodrow from Fulham for me.

However, there is a good chance Mick is taking Watson and the rest of the media for a ride. He frustrates the hell out of me with some of his decisions, but i'm pleased we hardly ever know about a signing until it's done.

There could be a few more permanent additions coming in yet
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 17:13]
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:13 - Jul 27 with 2532 viewstextbackup

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 by SomethingBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if he is high up the list. Struggled last season, largely because of injury, but I still think there is a very good player in there.

Plus you need to factor in 'Friday TC sessions'

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:16 - Jul 27 with 2527 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:12 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Woodrow from Fulham for me.

However, there is a good chance Mick is taking Watson and the rest of the media for a ride. He frustrates the hell out of me with some of his decisions, but i'm pleased we hardly ever know about a signing until it's done.

There could be a few more permanent additions coming in yet
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 17:13]

Hasn't stopped Watson stirring up the loudmouths and divs on Twitter though, mind.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:16 - Jul 27 with 2520 viewsElderGrizzly

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:46 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Why? He's a really decent player that would definitely add something for us

Brighton fans certainly didn't think that last year. Unfit, uninterested and thought he was better than the Championship was their summary
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:17 - Jul 27 with 2511 viewsMullet

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:16 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Brighton fans certainly didn't think that last year. Unfit, uninterested and thought he was better than the Championship was their summary

Of him or themselves?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:18 - Jul 27 with 2505 viewsSomethingBlue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:16 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

"Uninterested" rarely means anything, and nor does the last bit — supporters are terrible judges of body language and just fit it to firm up their preconceptions.

Akpom was certainly unfit then — which was the real issue — but I think that's sorted now and with a full pre-season he'd have a chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:19 - Jul 27 with 2488 viewsElderGrizzly

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:18 - Jul 27 by SomethingBlue

"Uninterested" rarely means anything, and nor does the last bit — supporters are terrible judges of body language and just fit it to firm up their preconceptions.

Akpom was certainly unfit then — which was the real issue — but I think that's sorted now and with a full pre-season he'd have a chance.

Didn't someone say 3 in 64 games? That would worry me

They watched him, we didn't, so a better judge than most on last season.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 17:20]
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:22 - Jul 27 with 2471 viewsElderGrizzly

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:16 - Jul 27 by LankHenners

Hasn't stopped Watson stirring up the loudmouths and divs on Twitter though, mind.

Too easy for him as well.

We aren't in the bad position some of the more vocal are making out either. We clearly need an extra one in, but doesn't need to be before 5th August as we have 3 strikers potentially competing for 2 spots.

Plus Morris as back up.

Rather have Mick wait 2 weeks and get the better player
Login to get fewer ads

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:22 - Jul 27 with 2478 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:29 - Jul 27 with 2449 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:22 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Too easy for him as well.

We aren't in the bad position some of the more vocal are making out either. We clearly need an extra one in, but doesn't need to be before 5th August as we have 3 strikers potentially competing for 2 spots.

Plus Morris as back up.

Rather have Mick wait 2 weeks and get the better player

Yes, phrases things very deliberately just to get a response from people. In general I think he does a very good job but unnecessary of him to praise the club for the open day on one hand then get people ranting negatively about it with the other.

No, not the end of the world if we start the season with 3, but of course would like a 4th - may well have to be towards the end of the window when the Prem clubs have fully made their minds up on who to keep and who to send out.

Would be good to see Morris push on but seems like it would be a case of emergency if he were to get any meaningful first team minutes this season.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 18:56 - Jul 27 with 2350 viewsMullet

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:29 - Jul 27 by LankHenners

Yes, phrases things very deliberately just to get a response from people. In general I think he does a very good job but unnecessary of him to praise the club for the open day on one hand then get people ranting negatively about it with the other.

No, not the end of the world if we start the season with 3, but of course would like a 4th - may well have to be towards the end of the window when the Prem clubs have fully made their minds up on who to keep and who to send out.

Would be good to see Morris push on but seems like it would be a case of emergency if he were to get any meaningful first team minutes this season.

Has Patterson got a chance at all or has his release been confirmed? You'd hope someone from the kids would trouble the bench and make an appearance earlier in the season this time around.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 19:52 - Jul 27 with 2307 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 18:56 - Jul 27 by Mullet

Has Patterson got a chance at all or has his release been confirmed? You'd hope someone from the kids would trouble the bench and make an appearance earlier in the season this time around.

Seems to have slipped down the pecking order, if he was ever near the fringes of the first team in the first place. You'd hope so - obviously Downes looks like he could potentially have a Bishop effect in the sense he comes from relative obscurity to regular first team action, but striker-wise it looks like Morris and that's it. And he may still be a bit away from being able to compete in the Championship.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 03:24 - Jul 28 with 2205 viewsCaptMickMills

Like Sam Gallagher. He looked good against us lady season. Be surprised if allowed out on loan again.
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 03:40 - Jul 28 with 2203 viewsCurrie10

A massive no to Callum Mc from me.

His attitude at Sheffield Wednesday was absolutely disgusting - can see why he's fallen from grace. Ability wise should be playing top 10 prem each week IMO but not right mentally.
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 09:10 - Jul 28 with 2138 viewsMullet

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 03:40 - Jul 28 by Currie10

A massive no to Callum Mc from me.

His attitude at Sheffield Wednesday was absolutely disgusting - can see why he's fallen from grace. Ability wise should be playing top 10 prem each week IMO but not right mentally.

Really? I didn't see anything about his attitude to be fair, he looked excellent when I saw him too.

I'd say he was on a par with Lawrence maybe better than McGeady who looks an odd player these days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024